It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit of blunt honesty..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This thread will most likely get flamed.. So be it.. But must speak truthfuly of a couple observations have made.. This is a constructive criticism to hopefuly get ppl to think a bit.. of lately have seen many say not to hold them responsible for the actions of their government.. The very same government whom they voted into office.. And which is supposed to be accountable to you the people.. Yet it now runs rogue committing crimes around the world.. And against its own citizens.. You allow your sons and daughters to enlist in the military to fight illegal and immoral wars to serve the corrupt politicians and corporations.. So yes these actions do make you complicent in the crimes against humanity committed by the government you elected and is meant to work for you the people.. Instead it seems sadly the people serve the state.. What happened to the freedom and principles that made america great once ?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Hey, you know what? If you earn a salary, pay taxes, purchase goods that are also taxed, you are part of the problem, too.

What happened to freedom? People are taxed to death for everything, double taxed after paying taxes.

Why not serve in the military for an illegal war? Your taxes funded it. Thank you for funding the war machine with your taxes. Lot's of young people wouldn't be working at all if it wasn't for people like you.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Judging by his name, this person is an ex patriot. This would indicate their taxes do not go towards what an Americans taxes go towards.

As to the idea that we voted these people in? 25% of the people voted them in, the other 75% either didn't vote them in or didn't vote at all.

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing."

Don't blame the voters, blame those who do nothing.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I havent worked or lived in the u.s since 1980. Left out of disgust. I dont get taxed on my earnings wouldnt pay anyway. am quite self sufficient and live an nice quiet simple life without need of any government or leaders and dont acknowledge any.. Havent supported any of it since left the military after my 4th tour in vietnam when was young and stupid..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Democracy allows for its citizens to make choices, but there are some flaws associated with the system that make it unfair...or inappropriate...to blame (or credit as the case may be) all citizens of a democracy for the actions of the Government.

1) We normally have a very limited field of candidates to choose from. If qualified, honest, etc. people do not run for an office, we can't vote for one (well, technically, in some jurisdictions we could write in a candidate's name).
2) In a Country like America, dominated by two main political parties, you will find that nationally the vote is split very close to 50/50 on any given election. The margin of victory usually quite small. So, if the guy running for President wins with 53% of the vote...that means that 47% of the country was against him/her. So, how can you blame them for what happens afterwards?
3) Many people, for whatever reason, do not vote at all. They do not take part in politics at all...just choose to live their lives. A significant percentage of the population are young to vote...so, you want to place blame with little children and teenagers?
4) Elections are usually decided on a very limited number of popular "issues". After the election, the victor can choose to do what he/she said they were going to do...do something else...or do nothing at all on these issues. Plus, in reality, politicians after being elected will act on (likely) hundreds of other issues that were not even discussed in the election campaign. How can you hold private citizens to blame for these actions?

Anyway, the checks and balances are the legal system (which does not always deliver justice), and the ultimate right of the populace to not return an "offending" politician to office if they seek re-election.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Uhm, excuse me, I come from a family of people who had neighbors questioned by the FBI, because my brother was profiled in Time Magazine during the 60's while attending school at Berkely. He did not go to Viet Nam, because he claimed a status that was investigated. Do you know what it's like to have your phone tapped for years on end, and everything about your life scrutinized because your brother was a concientious objector? I do.
My brother was in cahoots with Abby Hoffman.

People are going to do what they need to do to survive. If it means joining the military, which is all volunteer now (hmmm, nobody saw that coming) then they do.

A person who is an expat, shouldn't even be making this thread, as they no longer have a concern, no?

Not being part of the system any longer and then complaining seems rather silly, no?

How much you want to bet this person is earning some type of funds from the US to be an expat???????

Get real. Nobody who doesn't pay taxes should shut up about the state of affairs they no longer contribute to.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Then why do you care? You no longer live here, and have no right to complain. If you did, then you can voice your opinion. You left, as you said, "in disgust."

Sorry, boredom on a beach some place, does not constitute concern for something you have not been involved in since the 1980's.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

What does your personal experience have to do with anything in this thread? You feel more justified to complain than someone else?

American influence goes well beyond North America, everyone has the right to complain. I will admit, however, those who complain and do nothing shouldn't complain at all.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Nope, not at all justified, just stating facts.

This thread was created by a person who did not stick around because they found the US disgusting. Ran away instead of fighting the fight for what is right.

Yes, you can complain about the US all ya want to, since we are the whipping boy of the world right now.

This thread was posted by a disgruntled US citizen, who has no right to complaing.....they ran away, instead of sticking around to do something instead of complain.

They pay no taxes, as stated. Sure, most people who collect Social Security, or Social Security disability, don't. I bet your bottom dollar, that is the case with this person. Living off of US funds, and having the gall to complain. I very well could be wrong, but, how can they be living in another country, paying no taxes.....hmmmmm??????

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I found the part about we the people actually having a say in who runs this country funny and a bit sad. I laughed, I cried but overall 8.5/10 would read again.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Well let me lay in on my two cents worth, your argument is what I cite to people when America wages war against another country, that most of their population don't have a say in who gets elected and what policies their government pursues , if we bomb Iran are we thinking about the dude who is just like you and me ? One who works an average job and has a wife and kids to support, one who would love to travel the world and explore ancient ruins, one who believes in UFOs, one that just wants to be himself and not be a part of his crazy country or government, no.. we think of the extremists, the ones who are not like us, the ones that our government tells us to hate because they hate us, put half of these people at a pink Floyd concert and I bet you there would be friends for life after the show, we , the common man, are not that different from other somewhat normal people in those other countries, we simply do not have a say in the daily workings of our government, and thus we are held accountable for their actions when we present ourselves as citizens of a certain country,
So I would say that the common men of the world have a lot more in common and a lot more worth fighting for when the puppets try to divide and conquer us.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Watching as an outsider, I don't think the problem is with who the people vote in. It's in the corruption, did you REALLY vote in George Bush for 2 terms, let alone 1? Maybe, maybe not. Electronic voting is ridiculous to keep doing when it's been proven that it is easily hacked.

Congress, senate, judges..............on and on......
The political system down there, as well as the possibility that your votes don't matter, is so large, no one can get anything done. It has to pass through so many people, all disagreeing with one another, out of spite, anger, stubbornness, naivety, stupidity sometimes....... Even to put in a president, you're in an election for years. 2012 is already being planned.

Up here, when something has to be passed into a bill, it can be done in a day, if tptb are sufficiently motivated, or they put it away until someone notices it. Elections are over with in a couple of months, it seems.

Down there, I think that everything in government has just gotten way too large, and now Obama has made it even larger with all his "czars". Even if someone has a good idea, others may be against it, just because it wasn't their idea first. Too many egos clashing at the expense of the people.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That is the way the world is ran,my friend.

It always has and will always will be until the time man is mostly wiped from the face of the earth and it all begins again.

There is evidence around the world of great ancient civilizations that suddenly ceased to exist.

Why?

Man will come and go,but earth abides.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

People no longer believe in personal responsibly

It is now the government's job to:

put food on your plate
feed your kids
educate your kids
fund college educations
fund home loans
fund medical care
fund retirement benefits
police the world
keep us safe from terrorist
manage the production of goods and service
manage interest rates
manage the sale of raw milk
manage the sale of drugs
etc.. etc.. ad nauseum

hence, why the dollar will implode and we will devolve into Somalia.

Praise Mao

Most of the people commenting here will end up dead in a gutter from starvation after the dollar crashes, and they will blame capitalism in their last dying gasps because they were educated in a government concentration camp to believe too much freedom caused the economic chaos.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Freedom means having 2.5 bajillion government offices micro-managing every aspect of our lives.

Take a look at this list. It is a list of ONLY the FEDERAL bureaucracies.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is impossible to conduct business in such an environment.

We will all end up dead in the gutter soon.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

LOL. again ,another post where the whitt made mee pee my self ,my bladder control has been tested today.

But so true you are great post .

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Judging by his name, this person is an ex patriot. This would indicate their taxes do not go towards what an Americans taxes go towards.

As to the idea that we voted these people in? 25% of the people voted them in, the other 75% either didn't vote them in or didn't vote at all.

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing."

Don't blame the voters, blame those who do nothing.

And the only options are vote or do nothing?

second

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

People no longer believe in personal responsibly

It is now the government's job to:

put food on your plate
feed your kids
educate your kids
fund college educations
fund home loans
fund medical care
fund retirement benefits
police the world
keep us safe from terrorist
manage the production of goods and service
manage interest rates
manage the sale of raw milk
manage the sale of drugs
etc.. etc.. ad nauseum

hence, why the dollar will implode and we will devolve into Somalia.

Praise Mao

Most of the people commenting here will end up dead in a gutter from starvation after the dollar crashes, and they will blame capitalism in their last dying gasps because they were educated in a government concentration camp to believe too much freedom caused the economic chaos.

For sure, they will go on their way pointing the finger of blame at someone else. Taking responsibility for oneself has been bred out of this nation.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Uhm, excuse me, I come from a family of people who had neighbors questioned by the FBI, because my brother was profiled in Time Magazine during the 60's while attending school at Berkely. He did not go to Viet Nam, because he claimed a status that was investigated. Do you know what it's like to have your phone tapped for years on end, and everything about your life scrutinized because your brother was a concientious objector? I do.
My brother was in cahoots with Abby Hoffman.

People are going to do what they need to do to survive. If it means joining the military, which is all volunteer now (hmmm, nobody saw that coming) then they do.

A person who is an expat, shouldn't even be making this thread, as they no longer have a concern, no?

Not being part of the system any longer and then complaining seems rather silly, no?

How much you want to bet this person is earning some type of funds from the US to be an expat???????

Get real. Nobody who doesn't pay taxes should shut up about the state of affairs they no longer contribute to.

So your definition of someone who has the right to an opinion is that they should be someone who continues to buy into the government fraud which is taxation.

And because people's taxes pay for wars, the ethical question of whether a war is illegal is of no importance.

Right.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What happened is TOO many people don't want to work at all, so the rest of us need to pick up the slack.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join