It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US judge says lesbians can be 'cured' by male soldiers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nohopeever

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
As if touching then, they're going to contract homosexuality.

Wow.

I do not think anybody thinks they can catch Homosexuality. trust that to come from an American. I think most people who say "dont touch me" are more concerned with the rampant diseases like AIDS that the Homosexual community spreads like wildfire.

You can NOT catch AIDS by "touching" like a hand shake. You can catch AIDS through exchange of bodily fluids, like drug needles or unprotected sexual intercourse.
edit on 2-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: emphasis

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This judge is an absolute moron! The ignorance he displays is, sadly, rampant in this country. :shk:

Originally posted by nohopeever
I think most people who say "dont touch me" are more concerned with the rampant diseases like AIDS that the Homosexual community spreads like wildfire.

The vast majority of people with AIDS are heterosexual. Anyone who is sexually promiscuous is at risk for AIDS. The heterosexual community spreads it like wildfire, too.

Originally posted by Pervius
Gays have been given the right above everyone else in our military and now can put on our military uniform and scream "I'm gay and I want to pack all your fudge"...

Where on Earth do you get this information? You're wrong. Gay people have to abide by the exact same rules as straight people do.

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
"Lithe naked bodies"? Methinks the good judge would like to shower with the male soldiers.

Exactly what I thought!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
You can NOT catch AIDS by "touching" like a hand shake. You can catch AIDS through exchange of bodily fluids, like drug needles or unprotected sexual intercourse.
Unless the person with aids sneezes and covers their mouth with their hand like most people are trained to do, and some blood is sneezed up, and the other person has an open sore on their hand. It's pretty unlikely but I wouldn't say impossible.

Anyway one solution to the Judge's criticism that gay men get to ogle other naked men in the shower, would be to have coed showers so both hetero and homosexuals could ogle each other, that would eliminate the bias, but I doubt that will fly! (and I'm sure it's not what the Judge had in mind)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OK, I'm going to go and tip the boat in the opposite direction now. I've been on the side criticizing the judge's statements. No I am not changing my mind about him. He is still a dumb # in my mind.

However, this is not something relegated to some aging man not in touch with the times. This is really just a male thing, and in some ways he is right. To be honest, from personal experience I can testify that even a goodly portion of gay men, because they are men, fantasize amongt themselves about sexual exploitation they might like to do to other guys they deem "hot".

Although rape itself is sometimes a sexual fantasy for some gay men, most know and take such talk as a joke, and it is not meant as anything one would actually do. This judge is just a dumb geezer who doesn't realize that most of society has moved on, and doesn't carry on like this in public. Private discourse is another matter, and in that setting his language would not be that unusual I know it isn't in the gay world.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I'd say we all have illicit and politically incorrect thoughts and might even verbally express them amongst friends.

We are human and no one is a saint.

However - - there is a major difference between having thoughts and being a person in a public capacity with power - - even the slightest bit of power - - expressing them in print or verbally.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This judge is an absolute moron! The ignorance he displays is, sadly, rampant in this country. :shk:
That's true, but in the country where the judge operates...

The vast majority of people with AIDS are heterosexual.....The heterosexual community spreads it like wildfire, too.
I don't think that's true. At least not according to the CDC data:

www.cdc.gov...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35610bb1b54f.png[/atsimg]

Even if heterosexual couples and gay males have the same number of unprotected partners, gays will spread it faster according to this study: www.science20.com...

If you include more global data your statement may be correct, I don't have that, but in the context of the Judge's country, the you can't claim the vast majority of people diagnosed with AIDS are heterosexual, as the CDC data don't support that claim (unless you know of a flaw in the CDC data).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

... and do men really swing from tree's ???

Without completely explaining that quote to you ..... it's about the perceived male prowess.

I would think the quote " Its a tough job, but someones got to do it"

would hint at the possibility of him making light of everything.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You know, I usually would be up in arms.

However this is the opinion of an old man who won't be around in 10 years probably.

All these old people are the ones screwnig things up and they are all dying out faster than they can enact their BS.

I would be REALLY worried if this was some young person...

In any case it's so wrong it's laughable and the public outcry over this will be incredible, I will be surprised if he doesn't resign.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You know when it comes to discussing AIDS and HIV between heterosexual and homosexual folk, there's a piece of information that is left out constanty by the CDC.

The fact that homosexuals are more likely to get tested on a regular basis because we know the risks involved. Straights are not going out of their way to keep themselves protected, therefore the number of *reported* cases of new HIV/AIDS infections are going to be higher among homosexuals than heterosexuals.

But the fact is that there are like 93%+ more heterosexuals than homosexuals, which means just statistically there are mroe straights with it than gays.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
How did we get on the subject of HIV?

This thread is about lesbians.

(P.S. I wonder how much of this male-on-male sexual contact is done by unprotected heterosexuals in prison)

Take your heterosexual agenda, and go.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
How did we get on the subject of HIV?
The article in the OP mentions this:

Then, he claimed that the “promiscuity” of gay men, coupled with HIV, would have “the potential for disastrous health consequences” if gay men were allowed to serve openly in the military.

“Gays spread disease at a rate out of all proportion to their numbers in our population and should be excluded from the military,” he argued.
I take it you didn't read the article?

If the OP links to an article I'd say the article the OP links to is on topic.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Surely this title ...

..."US judge says lesbians can be 'cured' by male soldiers"...

...was provoking a discussion on HIV rates among homosexual men and their secret agenda to spread disease through the American Military.

There are plenty of other threads to talk about that in, this is not it.

Whether or not something in an article linked to the OP is pretty irrelevant

If you want to make it all about "the gays" and "their AIDS", then go ahead. Just don't expect any respect from those of us who prefer not to argue with regurgitated standpoints rather than formulated opinions.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The literal bible types in large part are totally brain whammied on the subject of homosexuality.
just try throwing science at them about anything...
For instance; if a childbirth anesthetic causes a higher percentage of lesbian daghters,
then how could homosexuality be a choice?

beep beep beep...
God hates homosexuals..it says so in the bible....
They should repent and make babies.
(christian babies....)
....I thought Jim Babkker was OK, I agreed with some of the stuff he said..."
,,,,,George W Bush represenrts Christian familly values.."
"Who is Ted Haggard,,,?

Haggard is the former president of the National Association of Evangelicals, which claims to represent millions of people in 45,000 congregations nationwide. He was also the head pastor at New Life Church.

articles.cnn.com...:US
turns out he was having gay sex with prostitutes and smoking meth....
beep.
well, you get the idea...

PS
if you are a self thinking Christian with a lttle common sense, please don't feel that I ment to insult you..
I didn't intend to.
that was pure reportage.
pps the innocence foundation is winning in court in regards to AIDS BEING NONEXISTENT and a billion dollar scam.
the reasons why are summarized here
www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com...
edit on 2-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

The OP and article are about the outrageous statements this Judge made.

His statements about gays and lesbians are part of his remarks, also presented as outrageous.

I think his remarks about converting lesbians are totally ignorant and inappropriate. And while I have nothing against gays, and I don't really like this judge, I still feel compelled to disagree with those who claim the judge is wrong about his claim that gays spread AIDs faster than heterosexuals, from what I've read he may be right about that much. But that doesn't mean I support or like the guy.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
And this is just another reason why I'd never even want to step foot in the south. It's like the Afghanistan of America. How he got his job as a judge is particularly of concern....Well, I would be if I were in the south, but I bet people in the south probably agree with his statement.

You are most offensive to me.

I am from and still reside in southeast Georgia.

Let me set you straight.

If a man tried to force sexual intercourse on a lesbian, bisexual or heterosexual female in the south he could well disappear.

I don't know many women that don't carry a handgun in their purse. This is true in all social circles. Rich, poor or middle income we southern ladies are a force to be reckoned with.

Since I joined this forum I have not has even one warning.
You, however, make it very hard to contain my anger concerning your ignorant post.

I would rather be stranded in Haiti than to ever go north of Virginia.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Dizziedame,

Spoken like a true Southern Lady; polite, and to the point.

The post you reference is as ignorant as the judge himself (no matter where he is located there are dishonorable justices everywhere), and I, too, would rather avoid going over the Mason-Dix than have the south compared to Afghanistan; much less ASSume that Southerners would agree with such practices .

edit on 2-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

People do go from the gay lifestyle to a heterosexual lifestyle. Some people are bi-sexual and travel from one way to the other regularly. Homosexality is not a genetic predisposition. It is a sexual behavior preference and a sub culture built around that sexual behavior.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Guys don't worry, i will follow him every day until i see him running.
When of/c i will stick my foot out and trip him.

I think sense will be knocked into him

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
That's true, but in the country where the judge operates...

The article says he's a US judge. I'm not sure what your point is. I'm in the US and that's what I meant by "this country".
But I think ignorance is rampant pretty much everywhere these days.

I don't think that's true. At least not according to the CDC data:

I was speaking worldwide. This is from 1992, which is unforgivably old, but I believe the statistics still stand:

Globally, as of 1992, over 75% of cumulative HIV infections in adults are estimated to have been transmitted by heterosexual intercourse; the relative proportion of HIV infections resulting from heterosexual as compared with homosexual intercourse varies markedly in different areas of the world.

whqlibdoc.who.int...

In any case, heterosexuals spread AIDS "like wildfire", too. That was my point. People try to blame the spread of AIDS on gay people and straight people have it and spread it, too. AIDS is NOT a gay virus.

... in the context of the Judge's country, the you can't claim the vast majority of people diagnosed with AIDS are heterosexual, as the CDC data don't support that claim ...)

I'm not claiming that. I was talking about the WHO findings, not the CDC.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Joe Rehyansky, a part-time magistrate and Vietnam veteran, wrote on conservative news site The Daily Caller that lesbians should be allowed to serve in the military because straight male soldiers could “convert” them.

The Daily Caller swiftly removed some of his remarks but not before they were picked up by other websites.

Mr Rehyansky, of Hamilton County, Tennessee

Well theres the problem right there -- its coming from a bible thumping deep south conservative state!! This is NORMAL opinion and views there!!

All of the bible-belt states still think that being gay is a choice!! They still view gays and lesbians as witches and demon possessed. If it werent for MODERN laws, gays and lesbians all would be victims of stoning and burning at the stakes that was common down there before LAWS were passed to stop it.

Thats the deep south and their backwards views. A huge majority are superstitious, conservative, republican, uneducated, religous-to-the-gills, deluded, hateful, narrow-minded folks.
edit on 3-12-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join