It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US judge says lesbians can be 'cured' by male soldiers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

US judge says lesbians can be 'cured' by male soldiers

www.pinknews.co.uk

An American judge has been accused of advocating corrective rape for lesbians.

Joe Rehyansky, a part-time magistrate and Vietnam veteran, wrote on conservative news site The Daily Caller that lesbians should be allowed to serve in the military because straight male soldiers could “convert” them.

The Daily Caller swiftly removed some of his remarks but not before they were picked up by other websites.

Mr Rehyansky, of Hamilton County, Tennessee, argued that men were naturally more promiscuous than women and “it fell to men to swing through the trees and scour the caves in search
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rawstory.com
www.politicususa.com

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I thought this site was sensationalist and just exagerrating what this guy posted, but it's reported the same way by different outlets.

I know I had a good laugh reading the ridiculous suggestions and logic he uses.

“My solution would get the distaff part of our homosexual population off our collective ‘Broke Back,’ thus giving straight male GIs a fair shot at converting lesbians and bringing them into the mainstream.”

Mr Rehyansky was accused of advocating corrective rape for lesbians by some commentators.

...pretty much, that's what it sounds like.
People may be entitled to an opinion, but saying far-fetched crap like this isn't going to make people agree with you. Essentially the Army should become a mini-South Africa.

Joseph A. Rehyansky is retired from the United States Army and the Chattanooga, Tennessee, District Attorney’s Office. He is a former contributor to National Review whose writings have also appeared in Human Events Online, The American Spectator, and other publications.

www.pinknews.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Haha wow, what a comment.

I am sure many people will be pissed.
It's just way to much of a controversial remark. Stephen Duckette's infamous cookie gag on the media lost him his 600k a year salary job, and if Canadian politics are anything like American, he will lose his job.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
WOW! Sometimes all you can say is WOW!

I'll have to clear my head on this one first - - before I can comment with logic and comprehensive opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I get so sick of these people who no matter what, keep thinking its a frickin' disease. Just like when you ask some how they feel about gay's, and they say "I dont care what they do, as long as they dont touch me."

As if touching then, they're going to contract homosexuality.

Wow.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wait a minute, though. One hugely prevailing theory amongst these type of folk is that being a lesbian is caused by childhood sexual abuse. If you follow that ridiculous logic, wouldn't being sexually assaulted by straight G.I.'s just make them *more* lesbian?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Thank you! It's ridiculous!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The truly frightening thing is that this guy's job is to pass judgement!

On peoples lives...
And the laws interpretation...

Yeah, I'd trust his judgement bout as far as I can throw him.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well I did hear when younger that all lesbians are either ugly or just need a damn good (bleep).

I know this is what he must be thinking.

He is entitled to his opinion, a very funny opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I guess some people just don't realise that sexuality isn't a choice, and it does seem to be common knowledge that judges appear to be out of touch when it comes to social issues, in fact most issues..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined

As if touching then, they're going to contract homosexuality.

Wow.

I do not think anybody thinks they can catch Homosexuality. trust that to come from an American. I think most people who say "dont touch me" are more concerned with the rampant diseases like AIDS that the Homosexual community spreads like wildfire.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nohopeever

Sadly, that is not the case. Although people probably do not think that they can literally "catch" homosexuality as if it were a contagious disease, nevertheless, for highly bigoted people, there is an "ick" factor, which causes them to recoil in horror (seriously!) when gays or lesbians approach them.

Ugh, people like that are so ignorant, I felt gross just typing that.
edit on 12/2727/2010 by Pseudonaut because: I said serious twice. I'm that serious.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Has he been tutored by the Iranian's were when they were executing females working against the state who were virgins. They were raped as it is against some religious belief for virgins to die and only die if they have completed their duty as a female.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Sexual orientation is not like Religion; you can't be "converted". You can encourage people to have sex with members of the opposite sex, but this will not change who they are attracted to and what makes them happy. And they shouldn't be pressured into acting like heterosexuals. If they are happy with their current sexual orientation and aren't harming anybody in the process, good luck to them and let them be.

There are so many more important issues to be concerned with than trying to convert non-heterosexuals into heterosexuals...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
And this is just another reason why I'd never even want to step foot in the south. It's like the Afghanistan of America. How he got his job as a judge is particularly of concern....Well, I would be if I were in the south, but I bet people in the south probably agree with his statement.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Question: "Your Honour, is that judge fit to be a judge?"

Answer: " Oh, lovely person (that is me), "No, that judge is not fit to be a judge".

OK, retire this old fart with NO BENEFITS (ha) right now.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
...pretty much, that's what it sounds like.
People may be entitled to an opinion, but saying far-fetched crap like this isn't going to make people agree with you. Essentially the Army should become a mini-South Africa.

I agree that this person is a total numbskull, but your comment about the US army becoming a mini-South Africa? I agree that the incidence of rape in certain segments of our society is a huge problem, but the only reason everyone points us out is because South Africa is one of the few countries in Africa where there is a strong and active public and private campaign that allows women to speak up, instead of suffering in shame. It stands to reason that our stats will be markedly higher than those countries where women and children are too afraid to report a rape.

Nevertheless, one rape is too many.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Rape, in whatever form it may be dressed, is plain wrong. Whether it is a chosen path or not, each person has a right to their own sexuality. Lesbians are just like anyone else. They are normal, loving caring people. There seems to be a high percentage of lesbians where I am working at the moment and I am fortunate to have the honour to hang out with some of them. They are fun-loving and full of energy.

He, the Judge, has no right to air these comments.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I doubt that they would agree with his statement... Just like he is wrong in his judgments, I would say you are wrong in yours too.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Sometimes I just can't believe that there are people in the world who think like this.

This man should lose his job, he is a disgrace.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join