It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all made of stars.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There may have already been mention of the fact that there are many more stars in the/our Universe than we suspected but I found the following tidbit rather interesting:

"It's fun because it gets you thinking about these large numbers," Conroy said. Conroy looked up how many cells are in the average human body — 50 trillion or so — and multiplied that by the 6 billion people on Earth. And he came up with about 300 sextillion.

So the number of stars in the universe "is equal to all the cells in the humans on Earth — a kind of funny coincidence," Conroy said.," Conroy said." (emphasis added)

link for the less scholarly types:
news.yahoo.com...

link for the more scholarly types:
www.nature.com...

-I know how many scientists and ATS members feel about coincidences so I thought it might be an interesting topic. There are other interesting correlations between the micro and macro.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Very interesting correlation.

Coincidence it may be, it is fun, still.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is why we have astrology. This was known thousands of years ago. To bad they are teaching math calculations and spelling in school instead of understanding.

Coincidence?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I don't think thats real science as the total number of stars etc is unkown . We dont even know if there is a edge or its like a balloon surface of the end of universe. Too much guesstimates make a man sick

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
On a further note, the universe is mind.

I am mind.

So obviously what you find in the universe is going to correlate.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Funny coincidence indeed. I wonder if there are as many Galaxies as there are breasts and testicles.

Lol off topic but your avatar just made my girlfriend scream and run into the other room. She hates Chucky with a passion. Any sight of him will make her freak out and run. Not fun in your local CD store

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

You are right in a way.

There are stars for every action, as well as there being star for every person. There are stars for place, person and thing, there are stars for everything that happens.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
hmmmm,

interesting .

Moby anyone ?

Omega

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

So thousands of years ago there were six billion people on the planet? Or just fewer cells in the body?

And, Omega85 a big
to you! I was hoping that's what the thread was about.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well, the sooner that everyone realizes that everything is from one source, the better off we will all be.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Counttrarian
There may have already been mention of the fact that there are many more stars in the/our Universe than we suspected but I found the following tidbit rather interesting:

... 6 billion people on Earth.
There ARE more stars than we suspected, and I think we will keep finding more, so maybe as the population of the Earth grows, so will our estimate of the number of stars, keeping this coincidence in sync?

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, the sooner that everyone realizes that everything is from one source, the better off we will all be.
I wasn't sure about that, until I saw a video that convinced me, which shows that everything is from one source:

(click to open player in new window)

top topics

join