It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? A Knights of Columbus Freemason pin???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is a very strange item I found on ebay. It is a Knights of Columbus emblem mixed with a Freemasonry emblem. What does this mean? I was shocked and suprised to see these two emblems together in the form of a pin. Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Knights of Columbus Freemason Mixed Emblem Pin

CC
edit on 1-12-2010 by chief_counsellor because: wanted to add a picture in case someone didn't want to click on the link

edit on 1-12-2010 by chief_counsellor because: Link to External Image did not work

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is really cool. I have relatives who might have similar pins and other mason items like this. What does it represent?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chief_counsellor

Well I have a couple pins like that at work given to me by the Shriners guys. I don't think it's all that odd. My roommate has a Freemason ring but he isn't a mason.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thats odd, a few of my family members are knights and from my understanding they don't get along. Actually it is my understanding that they are against each other.. why? I don't know.

Let us know if you dig up anymore info.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I know a few of those "Knights Of Columbus" guys,they seem to have very little intention of taking over the world,but they were very helpful and friendly.

Maybe it's a "Hearts and Minds",thingamabobkindathang.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

his ring makes him sponsored.

If the guy who wanted him to join gave it to him.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You've seen these types of pins before? The shriners actually hand them out? I am amazed. I can't see something like this being sanctioned by the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus. In an email sent to me from Supreme Council in regards to a question if you can be a Knight of Columbus and Freemason at the same time, and they said no.

I know there are Knight-Masons in existence, even in my town. At degree ceremonies and events I occasionally see a Freemason emblem on the vehicle of one of the participants at a Knights of Columbus event.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I was told by Knights that they are against the freemason agenda.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is the Kof C symbol:
www.kansas-kofc.org...

FYI, If youre a Catholic, youre not supposed to join the Freemasons, its an excommunication offense if discovered LOL

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
This is a very strange item I found on ebay. It is a Knights of Columbus emblem mixed with a Freemasonry emblem. What does this mean? I was shocked and suprised to see these two emblems together in the form of a pin. Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Knights of Columbus Freemason Mixed Emblem Pin

CC
edit on 1-12-2010 by chief_counsellor because: wanted to add a picture in case someone didn't want to click on the link

edit on 1-12-2010 by chief_counsellor because: Link to External Image did not work

I won't say I've seen something like that pin before, but I will say it doesn't surprise me. The Freemasons have many publicly active groups that represent them. The Knights Of Columbus, and The Shriners, just to name two. If you do a bit of research, I'm sure you'll find a few others, as well.
Good luck, and keep your eyes open!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Actually, one of the reasons for the founding of the Knights of Columbus was to have a fraternal benefit society that Catholics could join and still be in communion with the church. In the 1800's fraternal benefits societies flourised and were very popular, however many of them were forbidden for Catholics to join, sometimes under pain of excommunication. The Knights of Columbus provided similar benefits to the societies banned by the Catholic church, and allowed an alternative that had the church's blessings.

CC

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Knights of Columbus = Catholic Freemasons
and they got a good insurance program LOL
edit on 12/1/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Any member of the Knights of Columbus should be offended by this pin. They are not buddies with the Freemasons, and some elements from the KoC emblem were omitted to make room.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

his ring makes him sponsored.

If the guy who wanted him to join gave it to him.

Nope you are wrong. He bought it because he is a mason and not a freemason.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Anyone know how to include this image in a post so you don't have to click on a link? When this item is purchased and the auction is over, it will no longer be available as a link.

CC

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Anyone know how to include this image in a post so you don't have to click on a link? When this item is purchased and the auction is over, it will no longer be available as a link.

CC

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4a669dfd095.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The masons have no problem with Knights of Columbus from what I understand.

It is the Catholic church and the K of C that has issues with Mason's.

Any Catholic found to belong to a Masonic order could be ex-communicated by the church.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You've seen these types of pins before? The shriners actually hand them out? I am amazed. I can't see something like this being sanctioned by the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus. In an email sent to me from Supreme Council in regards to a question if you can be a Knight of Columbus and Freemason at the same time, and they said no.

I know there are Knight-Masons in existence, even in my town. At degree ceremonies and events I occasionally see a Freemason emblem on the vehicle of one of the participants at a Knights of Columbus event.

Oh yeah I see all these guys at where I work throughout the year and they love to pin us. I have all sorts of pins from them. They are all nice guys who are very generous and do alot of charity around here.

Most of these guys arent as mysterious as you may think. They all get together for their yearly meetings and go out and have fun and the pins are no big deal honestly. I was talking to the main guy of the Shriners group and he liked the fact I was interested and knew about who they were. He actually seemed surprised. We talked for hours about all kinds of things. They will be back in this area later this month but I won't be here so I will see them in February
I have a few of those pins laying around. When they are in town I wear the pins
The Shriners and The Masons are really nice. I had a bad experience with KoC at a restaurant I worked at so I don't care for them too much. There was about 100 of them and long story short they basically walked out on their tabs so I don't care for them as much but not all of them are like this I am sure.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I'm sorry about that Blah, I have known most Catholics to be very rude and standoffish....

And YES I can say that, I AM Catholic and most of the people in my church I went to were VERY judgmental

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

My grandfather and father are both K of C. They have tons of K of C related stuff, my grandfather had a intricate silver K of C sword that was given to him in some sort of ceremony. I remember because I was a little kid and thought it was the coolest thing ever, I always wanted to play with it but they kept it locked up. My grandma should still have it. I'll see If I can get pics some time.

I always thought K of C was masonic but apparently not...weird...

edit on 2-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join