It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel Past/Through The 'Big Bang' Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This has been playing on my mind recently,
basically we know that in our current universe the point where the 'big bang' started creating everything would be the exact 'center' of our universe,
now i have always thought, that something as powerful as the 'big bang' would have left something, i dont know what, but something behind/in its place, and we know how that when something as powerful as a star explodes/implodes it creates a hole in the universe (a black hole) which theoretically you could travel through (due to matter passing through it)
(sorry you have to bare with my ramblings)
Now here's where my mind starts to get played on, i cant even come up with an image in my mind of what i actually expect or believe the point of the 'big bang' to look like, but seeing as the other side of it contains all of the energy needed to create a universe (maybe even another universe in entirety exists on the other side.. im thinking even more now..)
But my question i need you to give your opinions on (to help me get my mind around this) is what do you think/believe the point of the 'big bang' would look like (or what would be there) and what would you imagine it to be like to travel through that point into the pocket that we know MUST be through it containing all of that energy, matter, anti-matter etc.

Any input (positive input) would be appreciated, thank you

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The "Other Side" as you put it, is still there, and still supplies "Zero Point" energy to this universe (and all other universes attached to it).
Other "Manifolds" could exist beyond our multiverse's one as well, ie multi-multiverses, all the way up.
These would be distributed normally, and infinitely, but hard for a human to gain access to. (ie. wormholes to parallel universes/time-travel).
If you want to imagine what it looked like, when this universe began, try imagining a 10 dimensional lightening bolt, with each fork ending in a single point particle (you'd need a fork for each fundamental particle in existence, at all points in time).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Because imagining 10 dimensions is really easy..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Exactly

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by myster0
The "Other Side" as you put it, is still there, and still supplies "Zero Point" energy to this universe (and all other universes attached to it).
Other "Manifolds" could exist beyond our multiverse's one as well, ie multi-multiverses, all the way up.
These would be distributed normally, and infinitely, but hard for a human to gain access to. (ie. wormholes to parallel universes/time-travel).
If you want to imagine what it looked like, when this universe began, try imagining a 10 dimensional lightening bolt, with each fork ending in a single point particle (you'd need a fork for each fundamental particle in existence, at all points in time).

I think there is rather 24 dimensions than 10 in our universe.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
This has been playing on my mind recently,
basically we know that in our current universe the point where the 'big bang' started creating everything would be the exact 'center' of our universe,
now i have always thought, that something as powerful as the 'big bang' would have left something, i dont know what, but something behind/in its place, and we know how that when something as powerful as a star explodes/implodes it creates a hole in the universe (a black hole) which theoretically you could travel through (due to matter passing through it)
(sorry you have to bare with my ramblings)
Now here's where my mind starts to get played on, i cant even come up with an image in my mind of what i actually expect or believe the point of the 'big bang' to look like, but seeing as the other side of it contains all of the energy needed to create a universe (maybe even another universe in entirety exists on the other side.. im thinking even more now..)
But my question i need you to give your opinions on (to help me get my mind around this) is what do you think/believe the point of the 'big bang' would look like (or what would be there) and what would you imagine it to be like to travel through that point into the pocket that we know MUST be through it containing all of that energy, matter, anti-matter etc.

Any input (positive input) would be appreciated, thank you

Perhaps this universe is the "other side". There is one theory that says that black holes in one universe eventually create a "big bang" in another.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

top topics

join