It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone tell me their thoughts on my picture ?..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nohopeever

Not too difficult at all.
Thanks for that.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

that is sweet thank you so much for that link dave

ill go ahead and post the explanation

Explanation: What could create a huge hole in the clouds? Such a hole, likely hundreds of meters across, was photographed last month from a driveway near Mobile, Alabama, USA. Very unusual to see, hole-punch clouds like this are still the topic of meteorological speculation. A leading hypothesis holds that the hole-punch cloud is caused by falling ice-crystals. The ice-crystals could originate in a higher cloud or be facilitated by a passing airplane exhaust. If the air has just the right temperature and moisture content, the falling crystals will absorb water from the air and grow. For this to happen, the water must be so cold that all it needs is a surface to freeze on. The moisture lost from the air increases the evaporation rate from the cloud water droplets so they dissipate to form the hole. The now heavier ice crystals continue to fall and form the more tenuous wispy cloud-like virga seen inside and just below the hole. Water and ice from the virga evaporates before they reach the ground.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
great photo, i thought the meteor theory was most plausible, but seems like it might be a cloud phenomena. heres some similar stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yep, that is what it looked like.
Hole punch cloud?
Cool.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
they are showing this on the news tonight ,with an explanation ..cant wait to see what they say

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
OMG aliens are here! JK

That is a really cool pic! I am always outside waiting to see something like this and well it hasn't happened yet! I would love to see something like this. I really like those hole punch clouds, pretty neat indeed! Lucky you!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I posited the "Meteor Theory of Hole Punch Cloud Formation" (not my own), due to its credibility.
However, it wouldn't be the only cause, and local meterologic effects are more common in the atmosphere than meteor/ites (I think that presupposition is obvious).
I think the question then becomes: What proportion of Hole Punch formations are seeded by extraterrestrial objects?
The number will be proportional to the number of objects which reach the upper cloud layer, I guess this number is higher than the number of ground impacts. So.. 100 a year?

*More recorded observations (with map parameters, as meteorites are more common at the equator), would be required to do further statistical analysis.
edit on 2-12-2010 by myster0 because: *

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It is a flying saucer in the clouds below brightest point.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It is a flying saucer in the clouds below brightest point.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
That youtube vid is pretty wicked for sure.. though i did notice a couple things and thats that i noticed one or two that clearly even though the "hole" was already made...clearly had a couple jets or jet liners fly right through it creating the "chem trails" through the hole... another thing i noticed is that there was one with a chem trail leading right to it which links to the earlier quote that said that chem trails could cause this given the right conditions that high up.... all in all i for sure think you got to see one of these "Hole punch clouds" no doubt..

I still having a hard time believing that its just particles in the air freezing and all that... cuz i find it odd specially given that this seems to happen in a lot of warm spots and that are that concentrated . Again i think they would know if a meteorite or anything like it hit because im sure there would of been more than that crazy old man to hear some sort of bang..inless you have some sort of desert or flat land around you that would make it hard to find...but again it does totally look like something just slammed through the clouds... UFO or not i do believe myself that something of solid mass made those holes.

id like to hear what they said on the news when you can tho.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Its definently a hole punch cloud with the cirrus punching through a layer of altocumulus cloud. And as Dave Spanners mentioned, the colours in the upper parts of the cirrus cloud are whats known as a circumhorizon arc. This is caused by ice crystals within the cirrus cloud refractiong and diffracting sunlight

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

nice catch!!

I will follow this post closely, as i've been around for more than 50 years, and, until a week ago, have never witnessed this.

but........................... I have now seen it twice, in almost the same location, within a 5 day span?????

so, it would swwm, logically, that something besides ice crystals is the cause???

look forward to you finding the answer.

S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

No its ice crystals and only ice crystals. The phenomenen has been known to us in the meteorological proffesion for decades now, but now given the emphasis on climate and weather in the mainstream media, there are many more amatuer sky watchers than ever before.

It is a rare catch to get one so perfect, but like halos and other atmopsheric phenomens, these things happen more than what we think

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks for coming and casting your expert eye over the pic Oz

I wish I could see something this spectacular just once, I guess I will have to leave the UK to do it though

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
To cut a long story short it must be UFO with a cloaking device like the one they have in Star track???

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What a great pic! Thanks for posting. Awesome discussion and new info on clouds

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierre6000
To cut a long story short it must be UFO with a cloaking device like the one they have in Star track???

Of course

Because advanced beings from another planet are stupid enough to park right at the same height as a cloud layer, giving away their position. Dont people ever read other replies anymore?

edit on 2/12/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

too funny. i would totally defeat the purpose of my cloaking device....if i had one

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If you listient some of the crackpots on ats its wiki leaks being exposed =p

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It looks your typical track pattern from a cloaked Arcturian sub station craft. The rainbow pattern is one of their signature marks within the pressure release wake which can be seen below. Obviously it descended.
Nice pic! Let me know if they are accepting boarders as I could really use the vacation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join