It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this picture!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Several years ago I worked as an architect in NJ. One of my projects was to renovate Bloomfield High School in Bloomfield, NJ. This project turned out to be one of the largest most complex school renovation projects I have ever worked on. There were about a dozen renovations done throughout its almost 100 year usage, my team had to sift through ever inch indoor and out of the school measuring and photographing everything. The boiler room was said to have a negative history for someone had died in this area but this could not be substantiated. The room is 3-4 stories high and had many catwalks running to and fro to various architectural elements. I took 85 pictures in this room and when scrutinizing these photos to layout in autocad we came upon the one above. I will put a detail of this picture below to show what I am looking at.

This face that appeared is 15-18 feet in the air above the boilers, there is no way anybody could be standing there either due to steam fittings that were connected between the boilers lower down by the floor or with a ladder for the floor was occupied in this spot by pipes. There was nobody but me and my coworker, next to me, in the area.
We joked about this many times in the office, I thought it was an edited picture but we really could never decide on it. So I throw this out to the ATS community to debunk or ???

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
creepy there is alos alot of orbs

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oddly shaped pipeworks, multiple light sources, dirt, dust + Our brain's innate, primordial need to make sense out of chaotic stimuli = We see a face that really isn't there.

Cool picture, though.

edit on 1-12-2010 by MMPI2 because: .

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If YOU took the picture, then why would you think it's "edited"?
Doesn't make any sense....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Cool, creepy picture. Definitely looks like a face.

I would say that it is a trick of light and we are interpreting the image of a face. Kind of like the mars face. Is it possible to take a similar picture from the same perspective and post the new one here?

Or, it's a ghost, which it possibly could be.

But my rational mind is saying either reflection, or play on shadows.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow. That is strange for sure.

I took that pic to Paint and zoomed in 800% and even heavily pixelated it looks like a womans face.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bcb7a665b36.jpg[/atsimg]

stand back and look at that... it is so eery!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Could it have been an apparition?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, pulling the image into photoshop, taking some color samples, as well as comparing the "pixelation" around the "face" it seems that it's actually there, not added after the fact...

However, judging from the size of the scaffolding I would have to assume it's the head of a floating gnome, which has been a problem for gnomes for ages.

It does have one thing going for it, she (ya it looks feminine to me) looks native american, maybe you can do a little research on the area to find out if there is any significance to a native american history, a burial ground would be a huge DING DING DING.

As for the size, you say you threw this in CAD, so I assume you have access to the dimensions of say the scaffolding?

Also, with 85 shots of this place, surely you can post a similar view of the area, that would help everyone else in figuring out what your mystery head is.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That's no "trick of light" or "mars face"... either that is edited in there or the creepiest thing I've ever seen in the field of paranormal. (i'm no sucker...) I have my reservations...but at this point, and from the zero-evidence for or against... awesome!

What is the origin of this photo?

Lug

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Any chance it's an iPhone App?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Creepy!
The pixelation does look normal to me, doesn't seem edited.

Ghosty or trick of the eye from reflections and shadows. Pretty cool picture either way.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lug
Any chance it's an iPhone App?
I refuse to pay $0.99 for that.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Is there any chance you could post the original full sized image straight from the camera

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

WOW! Are you saying that that face isn't really there? Man I am sorry, but that dang face is there!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The photo is from a 2002 model camera 3 1/2" floppy disk, I don't remember the type. I do have one other photo of the area showing the front of the boiler that is 2nd to the right of the face. The scaffolding I was on is approx. 20 feet above the finished floor in this room. You can get an idea of this from the window which is to the extreme left of the boilers in the 1st picture in the 1st post. It would take a bit of effort to get all the measurements right on (this was in 2002 the files are ancient by todays standards) but they are about 2 feet accurate give or take a foot. And this is the only picture I have the company went out of business a couple of years ago in the building recession (I actually stole these files for my portfolio). I thought someone in the office edited it after we downloaded them onto a collective server for all to use. We were doing the whole building, this is one room of about 300-400, so it took time to get to the spot in the picture which was about a month after taking it for drawing a evaluation.

edit on 12/1/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b31809054288.png[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

If YOU took the picture, then why would you think it's "edited"?
Doesn't make any sense....

Could you maybe answer this post for clarity?

If you took the picture why would you think it was edited? Edited by who?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by subject9

huh? Methinks you should be banned, and you JUST got here.. what's wrong with you man?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join