It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret military mini-shuttle headed back to Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

A miniature robotic space shuttle launched from Cape Canaveral in April has completed a nine-month classified mission for the military and will be headed for a landing as early as Friday, Air Force officials said on Tuesday.

Why does NASA have to keep this such a secret if they are not doing anything but exploring new technology?

The military is looking at the space plane as a way to test new equipment, sensors and material in space, with the intention of incorporating successful technologies into satellites and other operational systems.

It's not like we would have personal access to the data they would collect anyway, so I find this a bit 'fishy' on NASA's part to keep launches like this in the dark. I also wonder if any recent ufo sightings correlate to this ship being in space.

Reuters

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
and does this mission have anything to do with the NASA press conference tomorrow?

If they did "find" something out there...how did they do it,?

probably no correlation, but I will try & read between the lines.

I'm sure that thing was cruising all over the place!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Onegovernment

ok ok
i give up...

*snore*

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
NASA is just one big A-hole. they got so much stuff going on out there that even Jesse Ventura wouldnt be able to dig up information on it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

wasn't this the same shuttle that went missing.
it sure was

The United States’ X-37B robot mini-shuttle spaceplane, which was launched into orbit on a classified mission in April, has changed its orbit. However the “secret space warplane” – as the X-37B has been dubbed by the Iranian government – has now been re-acquired by alert amateur skywatchers.

Secret X-37B space plane lost by sat-spotters for 2 weeks

Kinda makes you go hhmmm

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

To All ATS losers. Your time will be up on ATS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4115600abbcb.gif[/atsimg]

OH'S NO'S

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Go for it! Come get me...I'm waiting.

On topic however this is extremely interesting. I have a hard time believing that NASA will announce et's other then microbes. But some of the recent 'advances' in space travel has been simply mind blowing. I wonder what we will learn in the future, as it seems we are finally taking the big step into space travel theorized by scifi writers in the 50's-70's.
edit on 1-12-2010 by the cynic jester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, we have another secret mission that is classified WHY? if they were just doing simple things, WHY EVEN CLASSIFY it? This government has over 30 levels above top secret. Why is that? i'm sure that EVERYTHING that is classified is "for national security". ugh, this country seriously has not made sense for a while now. Why anyone takes NASA seriously is beyond me. I just wish i had 5 minutes inside nasa's classified section, i bet the world would make so much more sense.

Oh, and to the troll, WOW, just wow. As in get back on that game and don't waste actual thinking people's time with posts like that.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
LMAO!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Why classify it, because they don't want info about it released by wikileaks
, sorry somebody had to. If memory serves, did'nt the military take the project over from NASA? Nobody outside of the loop knows what it's doing up there. I suspect it has something to do with monitoring other countries satalites.S+F

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Why am I the only one that can't see what Onegovernment posted!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I came along too late also.
Short first line to add second.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Two words:

Spess Mehrens!!!

From the halls of Montezuma to the orbit of Abu Dhabi
We our fight country's battles in the air, on land, in space and sea

top topics