It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro "baptist church" now picketting children's funerals.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Britain will do its part by sending over a boatload of p**sed off UK students to sort them out. Seriously though, ive seen these people being interviewed on TV, they are absolutely deranged, they actually believe God burns souls in hell! I feel sorry for the little uns in the church who have been indoctrinated to believe this c**p, and of course for the family of that little 8 year old girl. Wonder how theyd feel if it was one of their kids funerals. Cant use the words i really want to use to say how i feel about them. Wonder what Christ would have thought.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's very true what a poster said above and I starred all of you whom I agree with and am still getting to the rest. Freedom of speech is wonderful to have and we do NOT ever want to lose it. But when you take that freedom and twist it into a macabre, disgusting humanity loathing beast and still hide behind it, there's a problem. And then some.

I agree that we don't want them dead. As in, I'd never wish death on anyone no matter what the sin/crime committed; however, there has to be a way to stifle them. However, as Dr Love got me thinking (which I already knew but you know, it adds thought to the pile) if we stifle them, everyone should be stifled then. If we say they can not do what they do, then NO one should 'do what they do'. We can't have it one sided, sadly.

Now in a perfect world, they'd be fully muted, have to disband, will be put in prison if they gather for any reason period, and all our military, children, GLBT and so on would be free from their harassment fully. And everyone else would be exempt from said Law of Westboro. Their names and pictures would be all over the news, newspapers, tv, billboards, all over the place so businesses would know to not serve them anything ever.

As I said, in a perfect world. But what applies to one should apply to all sadly and if we wish to keep our rights, those same rights have to extend to all equally. They know how to NOT break any laws and therefore, can not be punished. They've been taken to courts before but always won. And flaunted it later on as a victory that what they are doing is indeed correct.

Someone studied a LOT to be able to get that close to the line and still be 'safe'.

Sadly someone or some group WILL snap finally. And they'll sadly be the ones in the most trouble for doing so.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Id laugh myself to death if I saw a 6.5" guy in a tank top and pink spandex bike shorts comforting the widow. ( Boy, can I stereotype or what!?)

what a visual,

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wait a minute... so someone slashed their tires and they want revenge? Didn't their Lord say, "Vengeance is mine"? Doesn't their religion say talk about loving everyone, as people, but hating sin?

It truly takes a despicable person would protest at the funeral of a child who died in an accident? What kind of arrogant person thinks their God would condemn an entire area and kill it's children cause someone cut open your tire? I always knew the Westboro Baptist Church was full of nutjobs and this just proves it. What I feel most for are all those villages that are missing their idiots. Maybe they would like it better if the world just went back to the days of burning down churches.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
One thought that always comes to mind concerning freedom of speech, I cannot swear or anything like that on a public web forum such as ATS nor can anyone else. It violates the TOS. How does this not infringe on my freedom of speech? It certainly restricts it and restrains what can be openly said right? So what difference would it make if it was found that what they are doing at funerals which by all accounts is just as public a place as an online forum is not allowed? Would it really infringe on our freedom of speech more than what is already taking place online? In my opinion the answer is clearly NO.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Wonder what Christ would have thought.

I guess the pastor forgot what Jesus said about about casting the first stone,

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Welll.....THIS guy is more than 6.5" (6 1/2 inches) tall, I'd guess.

But, the spandex seems spot on.

Actually, as was seen before, the best way to protest those insane Westboro types is by overwhelming them with non-violent distraction.

As at the funeral for Wyoming student Matt Shepard:

The WBO "people" (I use that term loosely...still, they can't help being mentally ill.....). Those WBO types have a limited area where they can congregate, to "protest".

Perfect solution is a tasteful (NOT pink spandex!!) visual blockade, as exampled above. To cordon them off, isolate and block from view..... their vile "message"....for the benefit of the grieving families, to best of ability.....
edit on 1 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Basically Phelps just takes bits and pieces from the Bible (like most fanatics do) and molding it to fit his agenda et al. That's exactly how he's doing it. I do feel for his children and all the kids in that 'church'. We all know they're being raised to hate as well. Such small minds. It enrages me, just the entire thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I was wondering of this as a possible legal challenge....to challenge their "fitness" as parents?:

I do feel for his children and all the kids ....

Sticky legal grounds, probably. Wonder if anyone has tried it yet? Calling Child Protective Services on them??

www.srs.ks.gov...

However, noting from a quick web search, there may not be very good track record of that State's program, of foster care and CPS issues. Don't know.....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Not often, but every now and again, just a smidgen of vigilante justice here and there.

Yes I know that contradicts things I may have said in the past and the idea of vigilante justice being accepted as the norm scares me. BUT every now and again, usually when someone has passed away and further taunting is placed on top of the grief. I would happily place the first blow.

Let their God save them...and yes, I am a Christian but quite clearly they don't have the same God as me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Heres a video of them on the Jeremy Kyle show in the uk.www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
[moreOH God! know everyone knows i watch the Jeremy Kyle show, british posters will understand!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Although I admit Doc's post is the wisest and truest, all I can say is that one day this group's luck will run out.

One day there will be someone who doesn't give a hoot about their freedom of speech, the Phelps' lawsuit threats, or about going to jail.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I feel positively sickened...I just agreed with Jeremy Kyle

He did raise a good point on the show however, ther woman in question on there had never sufferred the loss of a child. I wonder iof she would still condone picketing funerals if she had felt such a loss. Or is her heart to set in a mistaken interpretation of the Bible...?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

The bit that horrified me was when she said her own son would be going to hell because he left the religion, I mean how SICK are these people? Her own flesh and blood

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Definitly. Perhaps if the other members of the church feel the same, the children could be taken away. To me it shows a complete lack of care for their children and could possibly put them in danger should they 'act wrong' according to that church's teachings.

Lets not forget, the Bible allows the killing of unruly teenagers, and they seem to want to follow the Bible to the word... that alone should be reason to remove the children. I don;t think there is such thing as a teenager who isn't unruly.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Yes i agree, and those haircuts the kids have, i mean, that is pure child abuse. But i still cant see how they could think that the alpha omega, the creator, the isness, the singularity which is pure love and exists in a perpetual state of peace and love, could possibly punish one of his creations in any way, because i dont think God needs anything, because hes perfection therefore he doesnt need to punish. A big convaluted sorry, but you know what i mean.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think if I were gay I would go join their church with all my friends then infiltrate them and shut em down. Certainly they wouldn't be able to refuse your membership because your gay as that would be a violation of laws, discrimination. Then because of your membership they would have to "change" their ways and views to accept you as a member, aka they would no longer be able to pull their shenanigans. If they did I am sure you could turn it against them as discrimination in either case, ceasing their freedom of speech card that they want to keep pulling to further their strange agenda.

The old saying if you can't beat them join them??
edit on 1-12-2010 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Thats a great idea for a film.
2nd or drama series

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by jaynkeel

Thats a great idea for a film.
2nd or drama series

Seeing as I am broke I will sell you the rights for $20 !!!!
J/k

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join