It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the FBI Orchestrate Fake Terror Plots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

www.globalresearch.ca

by Paul Craig Roberts
The latest one snared Osman Mohamud, a Somali-American teenager in Portland, Oregon. The Associated Press report by William Mall and Nedra Pickler (11-27-10) is headlined in Yahoo News: "Somali-born teen plotted car-bombing in Oregon."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This was yesterday, but there has been so much news over the past couple days with Korea, TSA, etc that I just noticed this. Really good article as usual from Paul Craig Roberts, it takes a look at the real terror problem, the FBI, and why they do this. It really highlights how low our Government will stoop to in order to keep the American people in fear and submissive to big brother. This should hopefully make people realize if they haven't yet that we have a modern day Gestapo in America.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unilluminist

Not all government operations to expose terrorists / criminal are bad. Granted there are exceptions where the FEDs go overboard, but I think those are far and few in between.

There is nothing at all from preventing a Law Enforcement Officer to lie to someone, although if something goes to court we run into the issue of having to explain to a jury the need to mislead, and result can blow up in our faces.

As long as people are not in custody (under arrest) and we dont identify ourselves as Law Enforcement, whatever the person believes is his own issue.

This is one of those lines in the sand in terms of protection vs rights, which always end up in court for calrification. There is no good answer I can give aside from its done to protect lives. Since we all are human and not perfect, we get it wrong at times.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The fbi is your version of our mi5, which does mainly the same thing.

Organise any crime they want and set up anyone they want in name of security, just to make sure they exist.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

They are wrong when the man wasn't a terrorist at first, and when the FBI takes advantage of young uneducated easily manipulated men by inciting them to terror and providing them with materials in the first place.
On other occasions as the article states, they rented cars for them, provide "militaristic" looking boots and clothing to make them look more like terrorists, paid another group $50,000 dollars to participate in a plot.
There is a big difference between catching terrorists and creating the terror in the first place, the FBI is creating it.
I trust former Reagan Administration member and longtime Libertarian/Paleoconservative Paul Craig Roberts then any FBI official story. It is safe to say the FBI never changed from their old COINTELPRO ways like they said they did, they have gotten worse.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I agree with what you are saying, I was just offering up info in terms of what they were doing.

As a side not about the terrorist comment. To me that statement is a bit off because no one is a criminal until they are caught, tried and convicted. Suspect would be a better term to use.

There is another thread somewhere around here discussing this topic as well talking about the FBI actions in this case. AG Holder answered a question about entrapment and he said it was not. I am going to assume there is some evidence that we dont have that meets the criteria Holder was talking about.

Based on my knowledge, and the reported information, I dont see how its not entrapment.

The other thing to keep in mind is the kid was there at the end voluntarily. The FBI did not force this guy to show up, to dial the phone and to get out of the car to make the second attempt. What I see happening is other charges being filed (lesser offences) since most of the evidence is going to be challenged by defense.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They have to keep the fear alive,they need to break American citizens down in the name of keeping you safe from terrorists,destroy your constitution while its going on so you have no rights as a people.
These staged terrorist events seem to be popping up all over the place,specially when they need to divert attention away from what is REALLY happening.
The recent push to have wikileaks deemed a terrorist group is not only a joke,but a warning.
Soon "cyber terrorists" will be hunted like normal terrorists.
Then soon after that it will be those that speak out against the government.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Jesus.. I've been in like 5 threads on this subject arguing. Why not just add this article to one of the many existing threads about this kid?

The kid was guilty. Get over it. He tried to kill people. You people seem to have forgotten that we have freedom to make choices. You hate the FBI and CIA so much that you blame them for everything. Maybe one day you are hoping to be able to use an excuse like that yourself, no one wants to take responsibility for their actions.

This kid made the phone call to detonate what he thought was a bomb that would kill many people.
He made the phone call to detonate and kill them, not once, but twice.
Had the FBI not gotten involved this could have been a real bomb, and he would have done the same thing, except people would be dead.

Get over it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Obviously you did not read the article, I feel it best highlights the issues regarding this, that is why I posted it.
Don't repeat the same government talking points, the article and many others by people more credible then you contradict them.

As for "hating the FBI and CIA" well yes I do hate what they have become, as shouls any reasonable person who values liberty, and denies ignorance by looking beyond the official story.
It is a fact that the FBI has engaged in COINTELPRO operations before, and this has been admited by them and members of the Federal government. The CIA has been caught dealing drugs with Iran Contra, again all of these were just conspiracy theories at first, now fact. The numerous misdeeds that both have commited durring the war on terror like FBI inciting terror and CIA killing civilians further highlights they haven't changed.

So if the FBI and CIA are such upstanding patriotic organizations do you condone their COINTELPRO and Drug dealing scandals? or are one of the ones still trying to deny those to?
edit on 12/1/2010 by Unilluminist because: Adding details

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Osman Mohamud...?

Wait a minute.

(googling)

Wasn't Tim Osman the alleged alias for Bin Laden?

Coincidence?

new topics

top topics

join