It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, S.Korea end war games, spy chief predicts more attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

US, S.Korea end war games, spy chief predicts more attacks

news.smh.com.au

"The danger of further attacks from North Korea is high," Seoul's spy chief was quoted as telling a closed session of parliament's intelligence committee.

Advertisement: Story continues below
The North staged the attack in search of a breakthrough because its people are increasingly aggrieved over economic difficulties and over plans to transfer power from leader Kim Jong-Il to his youngest son, a committee member National Intelligence Service director Won Sei-Hoon was quoted as saying.

Won also said the South had confirmed through electronic surveillance back in August that the No
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

edit on 12/1/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I hope this is not a false flag from South Korea...

Do you think it could be for real?

We do know how crazy kim jong il is crazy...

I would not put it past the old geezer to pull some crud in his last days of office.

If this is true, a spy risks their head in North Korea..

Can you only imagine if this spy was caught..

What if this intelligence is made up a make believe story
to back up attack.

We see China moving away from their lil sis North Korea maybe just in time for WW3 to start.

We know North Korea has been selling arms and missiles to Iran these people IMO are dangerous to millions of innocent people.

news.smh.com.au

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just found these also did not want to edit original:

news.yahoo.com...
www.reuters.com...
From yahoo news/Reuters *South Korea spy chief says more attacks likely*

South's top spy says warned of attacks in August

* Succession and economy drove North to attack-spy chief

* China says will favour neither side in Korea dispute

(Repeats to additional subscribers; recasts with spy chief)

By Jeremy Laurence and Hyunjoo Jin

SEOUL, Dec 1 (Reuters) - North Korea is highly likely to attack South Korea again, the South's spy chief said on Wednesday, as a flotilla of American warships led by an aircraft carrier left South Korean waters after a deadly attack.

af.reuters.com...

"There is a high possiblity that the North will make an additional attack," Won Sei-hoon, director of the National Intelligence Service, told a parliamentary committee meeting.

The South's Defence Minister, Kim Tae-young, has also warned there was an "ample possibility" the North might stage another provocation once a U.S.-South Korea exercise ended on Wednesday.

edit on 1-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I can't see them attacking anytime soon...

If that U.S ACC is hit, every warplane in US/Japan/Korea will carpet bomb all targets north of the DMZ.
It will be the end, before his sons legacy even starts.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I can't see them attacking anytime soon...

If that U.S ACC is hit, every warplane in US/Japan/Korea will carpet bomb all targets north of the DMZ.
It will be the end, before his sons legacy even starts.

The US ships have left the area now. They are headed for more training off the coast of Japan according to the news articles.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I don't think South Korea would need a false flag to begin a war with the North. Odds are they will do something again, and the people would support the war. You shouldn't need a false flag if the people are with you.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes i also believe their spy intelligence is credible North korea is asking for it......

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Yes i also believe their spy intelligence is credible North korea is asking for it......

Then maybe you should study the situation more. North Korea has been acting on provocation from South Korea's actions. A South Korean spy claims more North Korean attacks? No crap, that's what intelligence officers are trained to do; find out real information on the enemy while telling their own people misleading information to gain support.

Civilians are not on the same level as spies, so spies have no business telling people what is what; they report their information to military leadership who then informs political leadership. If a spy makes claims like this, then it is probably BS.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nah I'm sure they know north korea is acting up and we all know now that north korea is mad since when the cablegate documents came out they found out china is not taking their crap anymore and are probally alot more steamed and ready to shoot off some nukes.... Read up a bit on that and get back to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If China is getting sick of NK (per the leaks) then it would be a no-brainer for SK to use any excuse in the book to take NK out. China would not mind because the new Korea would eventually grow into a new market for Chinese goods and trade.

So, why hasn't SK/US gone into NK?

Nukes. NK is sitting on at least one and no matter what "Internet Military Experts" say, NK could kill a TON of SK civilians by getting one nuke near Seoul - which they are capable of doing.

Even if countermeasures are 80% successful, I don't think anybody wants to see that 20% chance of a nuke going off in Seoul happen. It would be terrible.

So instead we try to calm the crazy guy down and stall until we can neutralize the nuke threat. Once that is gone, green light on taking NK out.

The above is my complete "pulled out of rear orifice" opinion, and my guess is as good as any of yours...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

My advice to you is to not take such information as Wikileak cables as gospel. Sure, they are very insightful but after watching how successful the neo-conservative American government was in instrumenting 9/11 to create war in the Middle East, I wouldn't put it past them to be behind all of this crap either.

If Cheney was willing to send a painted cruise missile/Global Hawk UAV into the Pentagon, then I'm sure they are more than willing to make some concessions in releasing diplomatic documents.

So instead we try to calm the crazy guy down and stall until we can neutralize the nuke threat. Once that is gone, green light on taking NK out.

Yes, he is so crazy that his country has not been invaded yet

edit on 1-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Rule #1: Do not trust the words of a spy.

There are no more rules.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Don't we kind of already know that north korea WANTS to attack south korea is that reeeeeeally streatching things???? No didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

China would not have to DO anything to bring North Korea down.....they could just do NOTHING... China practically supports North Korea.....without China's help, they would crumble. North Korea has one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel, China is their foothold....if China let go, they would slide into disaster. The leadership of North Korea spends all the country's money on military and weapons, while the people starve....they are too dependent on other countries, I personally think it's just posturing, but one day they will go too far, and pay dearly.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

I hope this is not a false flag from South Korea...

Do you think it could be for real?

We do know how crazy kim jong il is crazy...

I would not put it past the old geezer to pull some crud in his last days of office.

If this is true, a spy risks their head in North Korea..

Can you only imagine if this spy was caught..

What if this intelligence is made up a make believe story
to back up attack.

We see China moving away from their lil sis North Korea maybe just in time for WW3 to start.

We know North Korea has been selling arms and missiles to Iran these people IMO are dangerous to millions of innocent people.

news.smh.com.au

You ask if this could be a make believe story to back up attack.
Why would you risk the life of a supposed spy if you were going
to make up a story? Just make up the story and be done. No one's
life would be at risk then

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes you got a point I also do not see why they would need to make it up, as it is not that far of a stretch that North Korea wants to attack south korea and may do it again soon...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

That picture is fake, just google "AGM-86C/D" and you can easily find the originals.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX

That picture is fake, just google "AGM-86C/D" and you can easily find the originals.

haha interesting.

The Pentagon was clearly hit by a missile though... in my opinion anyways. Sorry for posting a photoshopped image without knowing though (it wasn't portrayed as fake off the site that I got it from), truth is my objective

Maybe I should just leave the 9/11 conspiracies alone on ATS from now on

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by LwSiX

haha interesting.

The Pentagon was clearly hit by a missile though... in my opinion anyways. Sorry for posting a photoshopped image without knowing though (it wasn't portrayed as fake off the site that I got it from), truth is my objective

Maybe I should just leave the 9/11 conspiracies alone on ATS from now on

You can think it's a missile all you want I wont fault you but it don't mean your right or I am either...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

i don't know what it'll take to get south korea to fight back. my only guess is that the united states is restraining them until the time is right.

world war 3 is not a matter of if but when.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join