It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thin Oxygen Atmosphere Detected on Saturn's Moon Rhea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
ScienceDaily

ScienceDaily (Nov. 30, 2010) — NASA's Cassini spacecraft has detected a very tenuous atmosphere known as an exosphere, infused with oxygen and carbon dioxide around Saturn's icy moon Rhea. This is the first time a spacecraft has directly captured molecules of an oxygen atmosphere -- albeit a very thin one -- at a world other than Earth.

The search for a habitable extraterrestrial world is still long from being over, but with every new discovery we inch closer and closer to realizing this holy grail of scientific discovery. This latest discovery, in my opinion, continues to close the gap of probability in finding a new home for space travelling humans. With the discovery of worlds beyond our solar system a norm for our day and age, it is only a matter of time, short in my opinion, until we discover a world as rich in life as our own.

Here's to the future-

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
is this going to be what NASA is holding their press conference on tomorrow?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beachguy123

I don't think so. NASAs press conference I think has something to do with astro-biological discoveries. At least that's the rumor..It probably wont be this and it probably wont be ET.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Saturn has another moon that has caused NASA’s pants to pucker. It’s called Iapetus.
www.enterprisemission.com...
More than likely, this important discovery will fall into the MSM obscurity too.
SnF

new topics

top topics

join