It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Cable Disclosure: What The Media Is Not Telling You

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There's an article on Rense which mentions similar issues - that of what the MSM is not telling people. Actually, I take this as a good sign in one respect - it shows that the information which has been leaked is information which they don't want the masses to know about....which means they are taking a significant hit with these releases. They've been exposed and they're screaming and kicking and shouting 'foul' - because uncomfortable truths are being exposed.

www.rense.com...
Who Precisely is Attacking the World?

snip
The stuck pigs are squealing. To shift the onus from the US State Department, Hillary Clinton paints Wikileaks' release of the "diplomatic cables" as an "attack on the international community." To reveal truth is equivalent in the eyes of the US government to an attack on the world.

It is Wikileaks' fault that all those US diplomats wrote a quarter of a million undiplomatic messages about America's allies, a.k.a., puppet states. It is also Wikileaks' fault that a member of the US government could no longer stomach the cynical ways in which the US government manipulates foreign governments to serve, not their own people, but American interests, and delivered the incriminating evidence to Wikileaks.

The US government actually thinks that it was Wikileaks patriotic duty to return the evidence and to identify the leaker. After all, we mustn't let the rest of the world find out what we are up to. They might stop believing our lies.

The influential German magazine, Der Spiegel, writes: "It is nothing short of a political meltdown for US foreign policy."

This might be more a hope than a reality. The "Soviet threat" during the second half of the 20th century enabled US governments to create institutions that subordinated the interests of other countries to those of the US government. After decades of following US leadership, European "leaders" know no other way to act. Finding out that the boss badmouths and deceives them is unlikely to light a spirit of independence. At least not until America's economic collapse becomes more noticeable.

The question is: how much will the press tell us about the documents? Spiegel itself has said that the magazine is permitting the US government to censure, at least in part, what it prints about the leaked material. Most likely, this means the public will not learn the content of the 4,330 documents that "are so explosive that they are labelled 'NOFORN,'" meaning that foreigners, including presidents, prime ministers, and security services that share information with the CIA, are not permitted to read the documents. Possibly, also, the content of the 16,652 cables classified as "secret" will not be revealed to the public.

end snip

full article on above link.

edit on 2-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
this is damage control and peeps are buying it. hook, line and sinker.... Even peep here are buying it and they should know better.....

kx

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

In my previous post, I highlighted how Singapore Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew reportedly told US Diplomats in a US Embassy cable that Japan 'may go nuclear.'

Since that post, I have discovered another leaked US Embassy Cable which may suggest that Japan already has.

From the period of 1st to 2nd November 2009, the then UK Foreign Secretary, David Miliband, visited Russia in an attempt to put an end to the "period of standoff," between the UK and Russia over the death of Alexander Litvinenko and over the 2008 South Ossetia War.

US embassy cables: Miliband's trip to Moscow

From the Link:

International Agenda

--------------------

5. (C) START Follow-On: Lavrov was reportedly upbeat regarding START follow-on negotiations. According to British diplomats, Lavrov said the key issues involved conventional weapons on ICBMs, verification, and the "numbers gap," which was being narrowed. Following this treaty, Lavrov suggested multilateral negotiations on further reductions involving the P5, the D3 (Israel, India, Pakistan) as well as "dormant" nuclear powers such as Japan.

Allegedly, According to Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, Japan is a "dormant" nuclear power.

What does this mean?

1) It could mean Japan is nuclear-armed, but it's "dormant" status suggests it has not built on it's arsenal or research and may have mothballed it. (Perhaps after the Cold War?)

2) Japan has the know-how and knowledge to build a nuclear weapon, could build a nuclear weapon at any time, but imposed a moratorium on itself over the issue.

3) Japan has the know-how, knowledge and capability to build a nuclear weapon, or facilities and expertise to build a nuclear weapon are in place, and all it needs is the go-ahead by the Japanese government to do so.

Putting together Singapore Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's alleged claim Japan could go nuclear, and then Lavrov's alleged claim that Japan is a "dormant" nuclear power, we have to dissect who we think may be more informed on the matter, (MM Lee or Lavrov) and/or what can be translated by the meaning of Japan being a "dormant" nuclear power (Lavrov), and Japan "may go nuclear" (Lavrov)

If both are true, I would say 2 or 3 may have been more likely to be right at the time, suggesting Japan is a "dormant" nuclear power, because at a moment's notice due to having the facilities in place, it could go "nuclear" at any time.

I think we should prepare to put Japan on the list of the "Nuclear club" of nations.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Regensturm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This really changes my mind when it comes to wikileaks, apparently they are releasing some things concerning Israel. However, I just have one question: if Palestine is demilitarized, how does Hamas get rockets?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
This really changes my mind when it comes to wikileaks, apparently they are releasing some things concerning Israel. However, I just have one question: if Palestine is demilitarized, how does Hamas get rockets?
Remember the big stink raised about Israel boarding the 'aid ships' coming into the west bank?

The rockets are smuggled in from Lebanon and Syria, supposedly. Some are homebuilt, believe it or not.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
who in the general public reads t wo hundred and fift pages of anthing. nobod bothered to even read the obamacare bill.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thank you for starting a thread that actually discusses the contents of the leaked cables, rather than fantasizing about what they might contain or fulminating about things they frankly don't contain. I understand your frustration at the tangents this thread sometimes takes. The agenda your selected quotations support is clear. In the interest of balance, I would like to bring these quotations to the fore:

¶4. (S) [Edit for brevity --DJW001] Turning to
Iran, Dagan observed that it is in a transition period.
There is debate among the leadership between Rafsanjani and
Ahmadinejad and their respective supporters. Instability in
Iran is driven by inflation and tension among ethnic
minorities. This, Dagan said, presents unique opportunities,
and Israelis and Americans might see a change in Iran in [snip] their lifetimes.

¶13. (S) Dagan stressed that Iran has weak spots that can be
exploited. According to his information, unemployment
exceeds 30 percent nationwide, with some towns and villages
experiencing 50 percent unemployment, especially among 17-30
year olds. Inflation averages more than 40 percent, and
people are criticizing the government for investing in and
sponsoring Hamas, saying that they government should invest
in Iran itself. "The economy is hurting," he said, "and this
is provoking a real crisis among Iran's leaders." He added
that Iran's minorities are "raising their heads, and are
tempted to resort to violence."

07TELAVIV2652

Note that the instability that is there to be exploited is the result of Iran's own mismanagement. You cannot foment protests among contented people. Is it "fair" for the Mossad to interfere with Iran's internal affairs? Perhaps not, but until Iran shows respect for Westphalian notions of international relations, they are not going to get much sympathy from the rest of the world.

As for these leaks "exposing" US military aid to Israel:

JERUSALEM, Aug. 16 — Israel and the United States signed a deal on Thursday to give Israel $30 billion in military aid over the next decade in what officials called a long-term investment in peace.

The officials insisted that the deal was not dependent on a simultaneous American plan for $20 billion in sales of sophisticated arms to its Arab allies, including Egypt and Saudi Arabia. But Israeli officials acknowledged that the aid to Israel would make it easier for the Bush administration to win Congressional approval of the arms sales to Arab countries.

The New York Times

Anyone who pays sufficient attention is aware of what is going on. US aid to Israel is not only not secret, it is actively debated.

As for the opinions of Benyamin Netenyahu, he is a reactionary politician and does not necessarily represent majority opinion in Israel. Wikileaks' publication of this candid rant reveals nothing new. Netenyahu's opinions are well known. It does, however, create the impression that all Israeli negotiation is in bad faith, thus giving reactionary elements on the Arab side of the equation ammunition. Who does this leak really serve?

Finally: get real, people... the "electromagnetic field" reference simply means that the Israeli right wing want to rule the airwaves. It has nothing to do with exotic "super weapons."

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Could someone explain to me why these messages are called 'cable messages'?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

So far I have seen nothing that is shocking or that I did not already know in regards to Nations' stances on one another and world affairs. To me this release of info is totally dull.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Alex505

I believe it is a hold-over from the old days, before communication satellites were invented.

All the diplomatic communications were done by, telegraph, then telephone, over cables.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
this is damage control and peeps are buying it. hook, line and sinker.... Even peep here are buying it and they should know better.....

kx

Why not start that sentence with 'In my opinion'. YOu should know better than to state an opinion as a fact.
second

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That makes sense
Thanks..

I found a page explaining some of the codes used in the cable messages.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
my first post on ATS...now they know I know...any suggestions on how to safeguard yourself in case of any repercussions...like we should come up with code words instead of the real word that they use for trolling the web to find people posting info example wikipeaks for you know what...etc...people think you are crazy for talking about this stuff but the reality is

there was something about controlling magnetic fields in one of the posts from netanyahooo from ismeal this is what might be going on

manipulating magnetic fields to confuse and self destruct a population

news.discovery.com...

they say we can not handle the truth I say nothing gives them the right to decide for us...it is the people that created great countries not the govrments

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
Most of the Leaders are on the same path, but some of them want to be on the top..

Our Leaders are the hidden politicians who decides..

Wars are for pushing the Agenda.. if they do not agree with each other.. with their view of a puppet society..

We have nothing to say.. or we do, but it will never be taken in consideration... or serious..

The Media is and beginning to look like a bad soap opera...

Mysterious ‘Vortex’ Warned Is Creating Global Weather Catastrophe ,maybe thats what they are agraid of to be published:

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

here you can read :To the greatest fear of the United States, and other World Nations, regarding this mysterious Gulf of Aden vortex, Admiral Maksimov’s report surmises, is the public having knowledge of it due to a website named WikiLeaks having in its possession nearly all of the secret diplomatic cables which it is threatening to release, and should it do so would “undoubtedly” sow panic throughout the Globe.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This recent leak proves the MSM does not care about the real truth on these leaks.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by remrem
Thanks OP for the great post. It just confirms and reinforces what we already know about how US conducts its business. Its aspiration for global conquest and domination, at no expense spared.

I am very glad Wikileaks exists and does what it does. Exposing this information for the asleep and drugged global socitey we have.

It will crash and burn like all the previous empires of the past for which I cannot wait. My only concern is for the affected people, but you cannot have real change in society until people are brought down to their knees to realise what is important and see the truth about the world we live in.
edit on 1-12-2010 by remrem because: (no reason given)

I am afraid that it will take the citizens of the USA being brought to their knees before they realize that those in power must be removed at all costs. I have done a complete 180 on my stance on Israel in the past three months, posts like this make feel like a complete idiot for the fact that I used to support Isreal without question.

I also cannot wait for change, but it wont happen untill an overwhelming majority are dirt poor with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol
reply to post by 1curious1

Yes I have had no problem accessing Wikileaks. The US govt. has actually severed one of it's servers through which cables were leaked.

I noticed that using the Internet on the East Coast was pretty different from using it on the West Coast. It was a lot slower on the East Coast and I would get blocked for typing in words that weren't allowed, like "Marijuana".
edit on 2-12-2010 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

I believe this is rough way of saying that they must not have control over what happens outside of the atmosphere, above them. As in, no course to argue against satellites being parked over them.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Section69

I second that, my internet was terminated last night while I was going through cables. It's never happened before, and I had to call in today to have them re-connect it. They couldn't give me an explanation.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Justin Raimondo of antiwar.com - WikiLeaks Exposes Israeli Mafia’s Growing Influence

original.antiwar.com...

OT but interesting.....

"having consensual sex in Sweden without a condom is punishable by a term of imprisonment of a minimum of two years for rape."

www.crikey.com.au...
edit on 3-12-2010 by Cablespider because: added link

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join