It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Cable Disclosure: What The Media Is Not Telling You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

Outstanding work.

Really all that needs to be said.

Every star in the sky for you

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

It's simple why Iran's neighbors wanted the US to take them out! Competition. With a strike on Iran, it would not be limited to the Nuclear Facilities alone it would also involve their Oil & Gas infrastructure. I believe Iran has the 3rd or 4th largest reserves on the planet. With them out of the picture and a conflict(Iran wouldn't go down without a fight) then oil prices would skyrocket and Iran's neighbors could afford to by more private jets, Bentleys, Yachts, etc. Not to mention the Shiite/Sunni thing. Iran has been around for 1000's of years, they'll be around for 1000's more.

What the cables disclose just paints the picture a little better. Remember when Ahjmadinajad(SP?) got re-elected and their was all this student protesting about the results. Cables seem to point to Israeli Mossad being behind hit. Not really surprising, probably throw in CIA, MI6, and all the other Western alphabet agencies. At least they had elections unlike all the middle east Monarchies the US supports with dismal Human Rights records.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

It's simple why Iran's neighbors wanted the US to take them out! Competition. With a strike on Iran, it would not be limited to the Nuclear Facilities alone it would also involve their Oil & Gas infrastructure. I believe Iran has the 3rd or 4th largest reserves on the planet. With them out of the picture and a conflict(Iran wouldn't go down without a fight) then oil prices would skyrocket and Iran's neighbors could afford to by more private jets, Bentleys, Yachts, etc. Not to mention the Shiite/Sunni thing. Iran has been around for 1000's of years, they'll be around for 1000's more.

What the cables disclose just paints the picture a little better. Remember when Ahjmadinajad(SP?) got re-elected and their was all this student protesting about the results. Cables seem to point to Israeli Mossad being behind hit. Not really surprising, probably throw in CIA, MI6, and all the other Western alphabet agencies. At least they had elections unlike all the middle east Monarchies the US supports with dismal Human Rights records.

Those neighbors are puppet regimes, the population of those neighbors all respect the Iranian stance against US, and its stance for its right to pursue peaceful nuclear technology.

The puppet regimes want what US tell them to want, hence US is the Ayatollah of those proxy states.

The competition is not against those countries, the competition is against US. It seems no puppet regime feared Iranian competition when it also had a puppet regime

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Quote:

"A Palestinian state must be demilitarized, without control over its air space and electro-magnetic field, and without the power to enter into treaties or control its borders."

electro-magnetic field ?????????

I think this should become a thread.

Can a country's electro-magnetic field be controled? And if you can do this, what the implications? Is this necessary to some vehicle or equipment? Weird stuff. Sfy.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

You mean the very same countries who are now in debt???

Oman Debt

Dubai debt crisis: Why Egypt's economy may benefit

I do agree that it is a CIA Front...

I know... but why, does it matter???, it doesn't change anything... this information thats coming out doesn't really paint the US in a bad picture, but it's ALLIES...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Quote:

"A Palestinian state must be demilitarized, without control over its air space and electro-magnetic field, and without the power to enter into treaties or control its borders."

One would assume it means radio/television VLF/HF commnications etc....though..knowing Israel.. one would be forgiven for not assuming that given that our thoughts are a byproduct of electromagnetism, Palestinian thoughts, collective mind and space exploration will eventually come into that was well.

4th reich...nothing less.

What did you expect?

edit on 2-12-2010 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Exactly, those countries went bananas with spending and pumped oil as fast as they could to support their masters(US). Instead they should have managed their resources properly. I doubt Saudi Arabia has much more "Cheap" oil to extract. They will need huge amounts of water to get the rest of the oil out and more expensive extraction techniques. Saudi Arabia has stated a couple of years ago that they need oil to stay around $100/barrel in order to be profitable.

While I like what Wikileaks is doing, I'm still not sure that their isn't a larger plan here in play that we're not seeing. Could this be used to shut down the internet as we know it? Maybe. Is Wikileaks just forcing governments to put their money where their mouths are(Campaign on government transparency)?

We had the same here in Canada last Federal Election. Harper campaigned on making the gov't more open and has done the exact opposite. Rachel Maddow(I know) did a good piece about Kadhaffi and his women security details in their Blue-camo. However, the cables about it between embassy and State were labelled secret. You would have learned more about it from Google than the cables. Rachel's point in the piece was that governments who are corrupt use "SECRET" to cover their misdeeds.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I will make my point clear so anyone can understand...

WIKILEAKS IS RELEASING INFORMATION WITHIN IT'S INNER CIRCLE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE DEDICATED TO SEEING IRAN AND NORTH KOREA WIPED OFF THE MAP....

THAT'S IT...

It's exactly is if I infiltrated the Popular Crew back in High School and exposed them for being egotistic... ALL WIKILEAKS IS DOING IS EXPOSING A COMMON AGENDA WITH TPTB... BUT MAKING IT LOOK LIKE IF ALL IRANS AND NORTH KOREA'S NEIGHBORS AGREE...
edit on 12/2/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Quote:

I think this should become a thread.

Can a country's electro-magnetic field be controled? And if you can do this, what the implications? Is this necessary to some vehicle or equipment? Weird stuff. Sfy.

Some insight can be found here:

Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs: Control of Territorial Airspace and the Electromagnetic Spectrum (PDF)

Similar to Israel’s vital security requirement to control a unified airspace if a Palestinian state is established, the topographical conditions and limited distance between the population and communication centers of the two entities do not allow for division of the electromagnetic spectrum. Since it largely occupies the central mountain ridge, the Palestinian Authority enjoys a topographical advantage – with its communication systems far less vulnerable to disruptions and jamming than those of largely coastal Israel. A small Palestinian transmitter station on Mount Eival, near Nablus, for example, could jam virtually the entire communication system in Israeli areas broadcasting on the same frequencies.

The way to bridge the gap between the parties is to establish a new joint committee for electromagnetic coordination whose tasks will be:
  • Allocating frequencies on the electromagnetic spectrum for use by the parties.

• Guaranteeing Israel’s security needs, and assuring the demilitarization of the Palestinian state’s military capabilities in the area of communications (for example, by prohibiting jamming and disruption equipment). For this purpose, effective inspection at international border crossings is required to prevent the introduction of equipment prohibited under the agreements.

• Upholding the understandings between the parties about limitations on Palestinian military capabilities, which means limiting frequency ranges allocated for military use.

• Imposing limitations on the operation of systems that damage the continuity and reliability of the communications of the other party. In this context, the Palestinians currently operate communications systems using antiquated technology that breaks into other frequencies and causes local communications disruptions.

• Preventing illegal broadcasts and ensuring enforcement capability in supervision, monitoring, and inspection in the Palestinian areas.

• Creating a mutual apparatus to terminate disruptive broadcasts and to reach agreements on the continued operation of communications systems.

• Supervising the installation of antennas and other equipment that could be exploited for use by hostile parties.

Due to its topographical and technological vulnerability and its security needs – and in order to prevent damage to its existing communications capabilities – Israel must have overriding prerogatives on this committee.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

Quote:

One would assume it means radio/television VLF/HF commnications etc....though..knowing Israel.. one would be forgiven for not assuming that given that our thoughts are a byproduct of electromagnetism, Palestinian thoughts, collective mind and space exploration will eventually come into that was well.

4th reich...nothing less.

What did you expect?

edit on 2-12-2010 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

Probably includes mobile phone communications as well.

Such paranoia ... it will only get worse for Israel

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Sorry but Saudis stance on Iran is clearly in favour of Israel for at least few years. They've allowed the use of their airspace some time ago in case Israel decides to deliver some bombs. It is no new revelation at all, it is not some leaked top secret document, its actually a well established fact. I'm not sure why you're oblivious to this but its also a well known fact that many Arab governments are US lap dogs including Egypt. Also, these US allies were and still are main financiers of so called Islamic extremists aka government-funded terrorism.
Their people may not agree but they like everyone else would rather prefer a big house, SUV, pretty wife and a golden retriever than having to think about issues in Iran. Being a Muslim does not render one immune to "sins" of capitalism especially when you lived like crap and your kids don't have a future. That said IMO Egyptians, Saudis and pretty much everyone else will do nothing relevant if Iran is attacked, besides its not like they could do much anyway when Iran is so persistent with its nuclear program at this day and age.
edit on 2/12/2010 by SassyCat because: typos

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is true of everything, all media, regardless of the source, but especially with Wikileaks, we have to remember that a lot of intelligent people have considered and studied and read the entire situation, but still there are split views about whether or not we are seeing a real "hacker" event, or a staged disinformation event.

That means that regardless of what you personally think or feel or want to be true, the only sensible stance to take is one of neutrality. We quite simply cannot know for certain what the truth of this matter is, and therefore a cautious approach is the right one.

That same scepticism must be employed with regard to the cables themselves. Just because they were secret doesn't mean that they're true. We could be looking at coded messages, deliberate misinformation being broadcast knowing it will be intercepted, anything.

Regardless, whether this is the real deal or a staged lie, it certainly is a significant event in our modern media history. Debate is good, it helps us to explore possibilities and rule things out. But don't get caught up in defending a position that none of us has any way of verifiying. One of the possibilities of what could be going on is that this event could be a part of what we were reading about some months ago. I remember reading a thread where we were told that the Obama administration was planning to essentially discredit the "conspiracy" crowd, who in real terms are those of us who pay more scrutiny to what's-really-going-on-and-why than they would like us to. All of this talk of this being a terrorist act could be another move in a game of villifying those of us who speak out against "the way things are".

And many of us have already helped out by downloading an "insurance" file which by now could easily have sent back information about who and where you are, and most of you have already provided a full list of your friends and family members, and likely photos of all of them, and posted them onto some form of social networking site. I certainly know I wouldn't want to be the first person who typed the password into it whenever it's released.
edit on 2-12-2010 by TheIrvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I did post this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will make my point clear so anyone can understand...

WIKILEAKS IS RELEASING INFORMATION WITHIN IT'S INNER CIRCLE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE DEDICATED TO SEEING IRAN AND NORTH KOREA WIPED OFF THE MAP....

THAT'S IT...

It's exactly if I infiltrated the Popular Crew back in High School and exposed them for being egotistic... ALL WIKILEAKS IS DOING IS EXPOSING A COMMON AGENDA WITH TPTB... BUT MAKING IT LOOK LIKE IF ALL IRANS AND NORTH KOREA'S NEIGHBORS AGREE...

Do you think the Middle East wan'ts to be controlled by the West... Simple question?

Bottom line... the leaks reveal how the inner click works...

and if it is money... why would the Middle East take less profitable deals from the West when they can make more money working with their neighbors?

Common Sense, No?

Take it down to an individual level... If you were a person of intelligence, wouldn't you want to make the highest amount of profibility for your work... no different from us... why would I view the Middle East more ignorant than us... I wouldn't.

I see these wikileaks releases as lacking common sense as far as the Middle East is concerned... Many will view this information as making sense for the Western World... but I sure as hell those ME countries don't agree...

If you think their leaders agree... i know from people I have talked to as common citizens in those countries that they sure as hell don't.

Fox
edit on 12/2/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Apologizes... didn't mean to make it sound like if I was against your points... I agree..., just been in rage of how simply people are being dooped nowadays...

Call it an opinion... I call it common sense

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The information in the Wikileaks cables could lead to many different scenarios overtime. It may not garner any changes in our current diplomacy nor any action, or it could be a motivational factor for rogue states like Iran and North Korea to push their nuclear programs into overdrive. Or...better yet, it could be enough to convince them that they are not going to succeed from any angle because they do not have the unconditional support from ally nations as once thought. I'm sure Iran was in for a surprise to see that Saudi Arabia was aggressively pushing for an attack on their country. As I'm sure North Korea was surprised to realize China's true position.
What I am beginning to suspect is that the Wikileaks organization gives a false impression that it is an independent, non-profit, organization of justice seekers. This organization has its benefactors, beneficiaries and controversial contributors (George Soros)....And with names like that, one could only expect that there are specific interests to be met with these releases.
I'm not against Wikileaks under the perpetuated ideal of seeking justice. They have information that confirmed many people's suspicions about atrocities committed in the middle-east and else where.
My concern is that Wikileaks has an alternative agenda outside of its primary interest of exposing oppressive regimes....And that this agenda is cleverly disguised under the notion of it being a human rights activist group.
edit on 2-12-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Thanks Ian...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

@Insurance.aes265 : It is impossible for such a File to cause harm to your PC except perhaps if you are trying to crack it. And i doubt there are any security measures on the first encryption level. So no. The file can't harm you
edit on 2-12-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I love wikileaks.

I love how your senseless post got over 35 stars, and mine will get none. I lost all interest in the content of this thread once I stumbled upon that garbage.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 2-12-2010 by Strype because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Sorry to ruin it for you. I gave you a star.

Because I got your point, and it is true.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
All of this talk of this being a terrorist act could be another move in a game of villifying those of us who speak out against "the way things are".

And many of us have already helped out by downloading an "insurance" file which by now could easily have sent back information about who and where you are, and most of you have already provided a full list of your friends and family members, and likely photos of all of them, and posted them onto some form of social networking site. I certainly know I wouldn't want to be the first person who typed the password into it whenever it's released.

If your worried about that, here's an option: Burn the file to DVD and un-encrypt it on an old freshly formatted and re-built machine that's not connected to any network or the Internet in any way (and doesn't have wireless). To be extra safe you could buy a dirt cheap second hand hard drive off e-bay or similar and install your OS on that with no other drives (except the optical) connected and then after you've got the data from the encrypted file burned onto a DVD or something, format the hard drive and throw it away.

That should cover you in case the file is designed to report back to some central agency all the people who would download something like that. I personally don't think for a second that it is anything like that though, but you should do whatever you think is right for you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join