It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange rape charge 'could be a set up': Wilkie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Former intelligence official and independent MP Andrew Wilkie says the rape charges brought against WikiLeaks' Australian founder Julian Assange "could definitely be a set-up".

Mr Wilkie, who controversially went public with his concerns about the case for going to war in Iraq, said governments tended to overreact when faced with individuals who defied their wishes.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Go Aussies..Wilkie is an MP in our newly formed Government..He was also involved with our intelligence agency but came a little unstuck for calling them out on some strange practices..

Now he has the job in Government of overseeing those same agencies...
Aint payback a biatch

He knows his stuff and is worth listening to...

Ohh, and he's an independent, not a bought and paid for party man...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Obviously.

(That's all I had to say, Semper
)

I guess I will add why it is obvious... for Semper... He released the wikileaks documents...

now he is charged with rape all of the sudden from a previous dropped charge with no evidence...

and he has just caught the governments of the world with their pants down.

edit on 1-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Anyone that knows anything about these things would know they can take anyone and go through your whole life period. They can turn even innocent things into crimes.

Have no clue on this case, but definitely possible.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
Obviously.

(That's all I had to say, Semper
)

I guess I will add why it is obvious... for Semper... He released the wikileaks documents...

now he is charged with rape all of the sudden from a previous dropped charge with no evidence...

and he has just caught the governments of the world with their pants down.

Apparently, even the significance of the word 'rape' is not what one would immediately understand by that term.
It seems that it is about 'unprotected sex' - even though, if what I have read is true, the sex was consentual - go figure!

Also, according to the Guardian article yesterday, Assange hasn't been charged with anything - they want to question him as a 'witness'....so why the heavy handed interpol arrest warrant????

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thank you Mr. Wilkie!

Julian can hide in my cellar if need be...

MM

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

Or mine!

Sadly, I expect any day now to hear of Mr Assange's ...ahem...."suicide".
This guy has huge kahunas.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Of course the Rape charge is false.

It is right out of their Playbook. If you can defeat the debate, you attack the opponents character.

Child Molester, Murder,Rapist., thief, Don't ever believe it.

Now it boggles my mind how anyone would ever believe anything that comes from people whose business it is to lie.

When someone shows you who they really are...believe them...the first time!

TPTB have shown us who they really are, they have shown us who their minions are,,, they have shown us what their Agenda is...it is time for us who are awake to believe them and quit playing their game.

When the MSM has given you ample reason in the past to understand that they are only Propaganda, why would you even turn your TV on to expose your mind to that filth.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So I have a question for you guys... Why is it Assange is taken at face value for releasing all of these leaked documents, yet 2 females who are also unknown who have filed a criminal complaint against Assange are taken as puppets so to speak to get revenge on assange?

Is it not the intent of wikileaks to create transparency and to stop criminal behavior?

Would it not be in direct violation of Assanges stated moral beliefs to ignore the complaints filed against him from Sweden?

Just so I am clear, Assange says the US is bad for hiding information and comitting crimes and not being held accountible for them. The same person is accused of crimes, yet dismisses them as a setup while at the same time trivializing 2 women who may very well be victims of a crime.

If he did nothing wrong then he should avail himself of the legal system to set the record straight. Absent doing this, he has no moral authority to do what he is doing with the leaked info, since he is just as guilty as the US.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
Of course the Rape charge is false.

It is right out of their Playbook. If you can defeat the debate, you attack the opponents character.

Child Molester, Murder,Rapist., thief, Don't ever believe it.

Now it boggles my mind how anyone would ever believe anything that comes from people whose business it is to lie.

When someone shows you who they really are...believe them...the first time!

TPTB have shown us who they really are, they have shown us who their minions are,,, they have shown us what their Agenda is...it is time for us who are awake to believe them and quit playing their game.

When the MSM has given you ample reason in the past to understand that they are only Propaganda, why would you even turn your TV on to expose your mind to that filth.

I couldnt have put it better myself.
Jullian Assnage is only exposing what we all ready know but fail to admit.We are all still in denial.Our so called leaders are liars, and murderers.
They hold absolute contempt and hatred for anyone who exposes their game or fails to comply with the status quo.This information is in their own words,its their paper trail and anyone with a fraction of intelligence can see they are frothing at the mouth because theyre own complacincy and arrogance gave them a false sense of security that no one would ever find out.
Geuss what ....we found out.But deep down we already new this stuff was going on but now we have the proof and they are feeling threatened.
When I see an elitist and master puppet like David Gergan on CNN literaly foaming at the mouth because their secrets are being exposed I know we have hit a nerve.
To hear him say and I quote"Jullian Assange isnt worthy enough to lick Hillary Clintons boots"...I almost become ill.They also had a ticker at the bottom of the screen while Gergan was spewing his dogma that said "Jullian Assange guilty of sex crimes"????WTF is that???
So a drummed up rape charge to discredit him, has now become "guilty of sex crimes"?
This is the biggest joke going.
Go look up the real history of the Clintons and the crimes they have committed against humanity and tell me who should be licking who's boots.
It was like watching him react to Alex Jones when the Bohemian Grove secrets were exposed.He was almost coming out of his skin he was so mad.
But what this does is expose who they really are.
Watching the mainstream media go into damage control and use pure repetitive propaganda to keep saying the same thing over and over only works on the weak minded drones who continue to hide from reality.

I will not be content to live in this so called world until all these elitist murderers and criminals are all cuffed and dragged before the people to answer for their crimes.
America is dead.What rises from its ashes remains to be seen, but as long as people keep looking up to murderers and crooks like the Clintons and the Bushes nothing will ever change.
Her and her husbands actions and policies have killed more people worldwide in the last twenty years and if you research the clintons and see how many documents they have sealed and how people who have been close to them have died and all the people they infected with aids because of their tainted blood transfusion fiasco,plus all the stuff we dont even know about yet, you will find out that Jullian Assange is not the threat here.
The old saying goes..." dont shoot the messenger"....all he's doing is exposing TPTB's own crimes.
Its like when a child goes to a parent and says " my uncle is molesting me"..and the parent knows its happening but doesnt want to admit its happening, because maybe the parent works for the uncle,or gets money from the uncle,so the parent denies its happening, gets angry that the child exposed the truth because it disrupts the status quo, so the child is punished for speaking up and the actual truth of what is happening is forgotten and brushed to the side and the focus becomes not what was going on, but the anger towards the child for speaking up.
Its the same type of reaction we are seeing from TPTB.Forget about what we do and lets just focus on punishing the one who spoke up.When you have the absolute power and control over all forms of media you can create any type of spin you want and sadly enough the majority of people will buy it, either because they are happy in their little bubble ort they are absolutely brainwashed to the point of oblivion. Peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well.. wasn't it two anonymous woman that came forward simultaneously? Isn't it really convenient? Rape is a hard charge to prove, especially whatever this is, Assange doesn't seem like the violent rapist type (or like he could overpower anyone haha) It's like when the cops take down mobsters, they get them in for tax evasion, then while in custody they try to go through all their stuff to find evidence of their real crimes which is why they are really there.

I don't know, I kinda really doubt he raped anyone. Not saying the charges aren't true, but if he was sleeping with low class "groupies" it isn't inconceivable that they would try to leach money from his fame. I do imagine there are a lot of women who would sleep with him for who he is.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Not that I agree with ANYTHING the mass media tells us, particularly about "The War On Terror", I'm inclined to give a lot of credence to Julian Assange.
It now seems that since Assange has done what any good journalist does: He printed statements, and backed them up with facts, and proof of those facts, he's now the most wanted man in the world. Kind of odd, don't you think? Remember Osama Bin Laden? Public Enemy Number 1. I didn't know they caught him, (not like they were ever really looking for him anyway).
Right now, you can't turn on a News Channel, Radio Broadcast, or pick up a Newspaper anywhere in the United States, without seeing something about Julian Assange. Why? Because he pointed out with FACTS what douche bags you are? Or, is it, (and I believe it is), that he's a patsy to divert the attention away from your failing Bail-Out money? The fact that despite all the money being thrown around across the planet, we're still going deeper and deeper into debt?
Have you noticed that? So much in the news about Julian Assange, and WikiLeaks, (I just noticed the site has been taken down), but nothing, or at least very little about the economy. Why do you suppose that is? Is it because THEY don't want us to notice what's really going on? Is it all part of a massive brainwashing campaign? Designed to manipulate us into believing whatever we're told by our elected officials, and news broadcasters? Well, so far so good.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Its an active investigation, so the names of the victims most liekly would not be revealed until the case actually moves towards court. Just because it starts out by not naming the sources does not mean its a false accusation.

While I acknowledge a setup is a possibility, dismissing the complaints because of the timeing would be an injustice. If it turns out to be false then he would have a cause of action against the females.

Im just saying its danerous to dimiss this type of complaint because of what people think, instead of what the "victims" are saying.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

These two women are known and their activities online have been posted on other forums discussing this topic. Their blogs and twitters etc. which they had removed were posted etc. Also Julian has been very co-operative with the investigation. He has co-operated with the investigation and for some reason his approaches were declined by swedes.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Its an active investigation, so the names of the victims most liekly would not be revealed until the case actually moves towards court. Just because it starts out by not naming the sources does not mean its a false accusation.

While I acknowledge a setup is a possibility, dismissing the complaints because of the timeing would be an injustice. If it turns out to be false then he would have a cause of action against the females.

Im just saying its danerous to dimiss this type of complaint because of what people think, instead of what the "victims" are saying.

He os not dissmissing the complaints..He has a laywer dealing with them but I don't blame him for hiding..
Read this update.

Stephens added: "We are also investigating whether the prosecutor's application to have Mr Assange held incommunicado without access to lawyers, visitors or other prisoners - again a unique request - is in any way linked to this matter (the WikiLeaks data release) and the recent, rather bellicose US statements of an intention to prosecute Mr Assange."

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Don't you find that a little heavy handed considering even the Swiss just wish to question him, again?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Actually he was asked to return to Sweden for questioning, which he is refusing to do. Assange and his lawyer petitioned the Swedish Supreme Court to get it overturned, but they did not.

If the females aired their dirty laundry then yeah, there might be an issue.

As far as assange not being allowed to have contact, it makes sense and it does not.

* - To the conspiracy side, its to prevent him from doing anything else in terms of leaked documetns etc.
* - The flip side is they are wanting to prevent him from being able to intimidate the "victims"

Since this guy went from complete unknown to fame its possible the females are wanting fame / money on their own by going after Assange.

Its also possible this guy went from nerd to stud with the ladies because of his quick rise to fame, and he decided he could do what he wanted because he is Julian Assange.

With this said, I am just offering up other possibilities.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

But they wish to hold him in solitary without even access to his laywer??????
Would YOU hand yourself in under them terms for what amounts to simple questioning as he has not been charged????
edit on 1-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

But they wish to hold him in solitary without even access to his laywer??????
Would YOU hand yourself in under them terms for what amounts to simple questioning as he has not been charged????
edit on 1-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

Well no, but I would not place myself into the position Assange has. Is there anyone from Sweden in this thread who can answer this question:

Is this common practice in Sweden to hold people without access to a lawyer? It can be done to an extent here in the US, but its very difficult to justify (usually a life is in immidiate danger.

That was the ohter part I found intresting, was issuing a warrant for questioning. I stated either in this thread or another that it sounded like a material witness warrant, but since he is the possible suspect it makes no sense to me unless in Sweden you dont have a right against self incrimination.

The other thought would be an arrest warrant issued for obstruction / hindering prosecution. In the states these would not work for this setup but since its Sweden....

The other possibility is the story from the females are true and they have enough evidence to charge him, but before they do that they are going to interview him. This is a common police tool for investigations, and goes along the lines of a lawyer where you dont ask a question you dont already know the answer to.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It looks like a set-up to me! I didn't think the Swedes had it in them; I just bumped Sweden up several notches on my respect scale. Hopefully, we will never hear about his capture or arrest because he needs to be questioned in an environment suitable to his offense, which would best be done in quiet facilities in Bulgaria, Jordan, etc. The best way to make a strong example of Mr. Assange is to simply never hear from him again. He can be hashed over along with Amelia Earhart on the Discovery Network, but his fellow travelers will know what happened and know what to expect if they decide to take up his "cause".

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The other possibility is the story from the females are true and they have enough evidence to charge him, but before they do that they are going to interview him. This is a common police tool for investigations, and goes along the lines of a lawyer where you dont ask a question you dont already know the answer to.

Mate, my link is our major TV network..
Wilke was ex intelligence,now he is a minister and in charge of oversight for ASIO etc..
The guys credible..100%

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Well im from sweden... the most of us are asking the questions..How much did the girls get paid..and if the prosecutor is a member of the extreme feminists redsocks..

edit on 3-12-2010 by OddTimeSignature because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join