It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Details of tomorrows NASA extra terrestrial life press conference revealed...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Maybe they are afraid of being exposed by the wikileaks so they decided to bring the truth out first. They certainly don`t want to be seen as deceivers. It`s just a thought, but if this is true I hope it will be huge.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croda
There's a big difference between what is accepted and what has been proven. This certainly doesn't have the WOW factor of some of the other speculation, but it is significant and worthy of the PC they have scheduled.

Bingo!
Until proven, everything else is just speculation. This discovery opens the door to a whole new set of possibilities. Those posters who seem so non-plussed must be accustomed to getting their science lessons from re-runs of Star Trek.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It might no be wow to you and i but It is big news in the scientific community... It means we have found another type
Of life, so adds alot of weight to the possibility of life on another world that don't have the same conditions as us...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Star for that one buddy...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The Sun broke the media embargo...then the Daily Examiner, etc.

(while neither are considered very reliable, in this case, it's probably correct....)

So, seems it's JUST about a form of bacteria that can live in arsenic. On the surface, that's small, but it really opens a lot of possibilities.... Even if just considering "Earth-like" planets, we're probably looking at lots of life out there.

But, if you can open that up to even more options, suddenly, we're likely closer to understanding that the Universe could be literally teeming with life in ways we never thought possible...and who knows if some of that life had a chance to evolve intelligence and self-awareness?

A small step....but a step nonetheless....
edit on 1-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yes, very correct. Even if a lot of people see it as nothing important and they are upset because it might not be something that is ground-breaking" to them, it is indeed a large leap forward for the knowledge of other life forms surviving in the kind of conditions we imagine not possible.
It is one step further to identifying lifeforms and understanding them, and ourselves.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

zactly

The big impact here is on the Goldilocks Zone. Maybe those planets/moons that land in this zone are fit for carbon-based Earth-like lifeforms (or however we're going to define life "as we know it" going forward), but life in general can be expected outside of that zone as well. Ultimately this discovery (just like the proposed Titan finding) takes the restrictions off of where we should expect to find life. It seems to show up everywhere we wouldn't expect it...so why not Mars, Venus, etc?

While not a jaw-dropping revelation in and of itself, the places this revelation takes us and the impact to how and where we look for life will ultimately be staggering.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I thought we all know long ago that microorganisms also thrive in places that lack oxygen. There is nothing new if this is all what NASA is going to announce.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i don't think they will disclosure....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Fear. Its fear of ridicule. No editor wants to be tainted by the subject or known as the UFO guy. Therefore even if they are compelled to report it its always done with the silly music and knowing smiles.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

mono lake in california's yosemite national park,

first problem is that Mono lake is not in California's yosemite national park,

second is that no one is saying this is extra terrestrial life just that it shows that ET life could exist in high arsenic conditions.
edit on 1-12-2010 by ANNED because: to add more evidence

"mono lake" yosemite "no no":
Thought so; you beat me to mapquest kudos and a star.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Bit disappointing if that is indeed what will be revealed. Fascinating from a scientific point of view, but not the reveal we all are hoping for. The hurried press conference so soon after the news of secret NASA data being included on WikiLeaks made me a bit hopeful for a more substantial reveal, but as other posters have stated, this is a small step in the search for alien life.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Way to go NASA!!

Calling a press conference to discuss something that 1st year biology students are already aware of (and FYI, I studied this over ten years ago while in University. These organisms are called extremophiles...anything that can live happily in an enviroment that would be INSTANTLY leathal to all other life).

This revelation took them 2 years to prepare?

Wow. I remember seeing this on TV before that, and the discussion was the same. I wonder how much money was spent to figure this out.

Smoke and mirrors...NASA is being used to try and draw attention away from Wikileaks, plain and simple.

edit on 1-12-2010 by [davinci] because: Content & Form

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yep. Just as i thought. NASA spells "Y-A-W-N"

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yep. Just as i thought. NASA spells "Y-A-W-N"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
,,so IF NASA ever reveals the existence of an extraterrestrial life form, would that information be revealed by NASA, or would it be of such importance that the President would make the announcement?? That is, or course assuming that the USA would be the first country to have this knowledge.

Personally, I'm in the camp that thinks NASA knows full well about the existence of life, and not just the meager findings that have announced. Thing is, at what point does the world at large consider it to be life? Seems to me that NASA has already found extraterrestrial life, but since there hasn't been a reveal of the classic "ET", most don't consider small organisms to be proof of anything.

I hope we're wrong about the press conference, and they have something wonderful to tell us.....but....I think not.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsDisposableRazor
Bit disappointing if that is indeed what will be revealed. Fascinating from a scientific point of view, but not the reveal we all are hoping for. The hurried press conference so soon after the news of secret NASA data being included on WikiLeaks made me a bit hopeful for a more substantial reveal, but as other posters have stated, this is a small step in the search for alien life.

Hi, hope you are well, do you know where you heard that news of secret NASA data being included on WikiLeaks or do you have any source links for it.Not saying i do not believe you just curious that's all,cheers.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

K-PAX, I can't remember where I saw that. It was just conjecture for the most part.
I found an article about possible information of climate date tampering my NASA that is supposedly revealed.
NASA Hiding Climate Data?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsDisposableRazor
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

K-PAX, I can't remember where I saw that. It was just conjecture for the most part.
I found an article about possible information of climate date tampering my NASA that is supposedly revealed.
NASA Hiding Climate Data?

Cheers for the reply and link.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join