It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Claims 200 Nukes in Europe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Wikileaks Claims 200 Nukes in Europe

www.express.co.uk

THE US has deployed 200 tactical nuclear weapons in Europe, mostly in Belgium, Holland, Germany and Turkey, the WikiLeaks’ files claim.

The four nations were long suspected of hosting warheads but Nato and the governments involved have refused to confirm reports. Nato yesterday condemned releasing nuclear secrets as “illegal and dangerous”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yet another revelation coming from Wikileaks about the secrets held top secret within the US and other Western governments. Apparently the United States has deployed 200 nuclear weapons in countries that are technically not nuclear armed states. The most shocking of the nations mentioned was Germany. Not that I believe the Germans would ever use nuclear weapons but rather because Germany is supposed to be a relatively militarily limited state.

Just what this world needs right now is more nuclear weapons in more nations regardless of whether they are designated ‘rogue’ or not.

www.express.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I find Turkey far more telling than Germany. I wonder how Israel feels about that being public bearing in mind their current relationship with Turkey.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Nice find..s&f

Well I think NO Government has the right to hide where nuclear weapons are stationed..
No, I'm not talking about their exact position, just that a country is nuclear armed..

I'd HATE to think there were nuclear weapons here in Australia...
Though the US is very secretive about their bases here such as Pine Gap..
Wouldn't surprise me and if that were ever leaked there would be many pissed off Aussies..!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I can't wait to see what Russia's reaction is. They're already pretty pissed about the ABM systems being put in Europe.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Oops he did it again. Freakin ass ange

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
That's it? Just 200 nukes?
Ah! Thank heavens! That would give me sufficient time to bend down, put my head between my knees and kiss my ass goodbye!

edit on 1-12-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Yet, they expect all "enemy" countries to tell us about there nuclear programs and arsenals.

Now who is trying to cover there asses?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Wow just 200 nukes....? Hmm... Well lets worry about Iran now wanting a nuclear reactor, that evil evil country.
What hypocrisy!
All this talk about nuclear disarmament yet here they are positioning their own nukes in other peoples backyards.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
When is wiki-leaks going to tell us about Russia's and China's deployments or the corruption that permeates their governments? O yeah Putin has already threatened to off Assange. Guess that won't be happening soon. This guy is complete scum. I can only hope he is compromised by the CIA and the whole thing is disinformation. That would be good IMHO.

Why does the left desire that dictators and human rights abusers rule over democratically elected governments? Don't they know they'll be one of the first tossed into the work camps? Maybe they are just so depressed they want to commit suicide and bring everyone else down with them.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
When is wiki-leaks going to tell us about Russia's and China's deployments or the corruption that permeates their governments? O yeah Putin has already threatened to off Assange. Guess that won't be happening soon. This guy is complete scum. I can only hope he is compromised by the CIA and the whole thing is disinformation. That would be good IMHO.

Why does the left desire that dictators and human rights abusers rule over democratically elected governments? Don't they know they'll be one of the first tossed into the work camps? Maybe they are just so depressed they want to commit suicide and bring everyone else down with them.

Maybe It's just that no Russian has given Wiki any information yet...
You do know he doesn't get the info himself or write it right???

He is just a conduit for whistleblowers..You know, the guys trying to get the truth out who usually end up in jail or dead....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well from what i know, there are far more than 200 nukes scattered across europe and that isn't such a huge a secret. As for the methods of deployment , now that is the icing on the cake, some are ss and some are ag, it all depends on the reaction and deployment based on strategical bombers and designated targets. So i guess what wl has published can be found within the web without a great deal of effort.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?
I find Turkey far more telling than Germany. I wonder how Israel feels about that being public bearing in mind their current relationship with Turkey.

You have to remember that anglo american empire is an empire.

How do you people know that any nukes would be in posession of anyone else but american forces. Do not know if story is true, but do you really think americans do not have nukes everywhere, and they are in countrol of them.

Just because they say nukes are in germany does not mean germany runs them and controls them.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
wow 200 is alot, what are they gunna do blow up the whole earth?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1

Your thinking in terms of hydrogen bombs. Not all nukes are like that. A bomb was made in 40's so that is alot of time to refine the process and they have nukes probably for all sorts of purposes.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Are they just being stored there in like a bunker or are they fire-ready?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
if i remember correctly these are all very low yield fission devices used for demolition of things likes bridges/tunnels/ making natural corridors impassable....the devices were not to target population centers

If any are still deployed in European countries, especially after the collapse of the USSR, i would be shocked...

another poster said something to the effect these were 1940s technology...i'd disagree because the USA
continues to rotate weapons because they only have a limited 'shelf life'

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Wow, this makes me furious, really furious. Oh the hypocrisy.

They are raging against Iran - yet Israel has hundreds of known but officially undeclarled nukes - and now here's 200 more in Europe.

second
edit on 1-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1

If that's what it takes to keep total control - yes! We are dealing with a shadow word government of psychopaths, don't forget!

second

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
its very interesting ,
but i wonder why Italy is not mentioned ???

thanks

snoopyuk

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join