It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Getting Evicted from Land for living "to simply"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by thewholepicture

But this is where we need more information on the article....he may have been warned numerous times which then he should def be removed....if this was his first time i can see working out a plan with him or warning him or something

I live in Madison county, Indiana. The policy here is that this man would have to be warned numerous times and allowed many months to resolve problems before he is evicted.
edit on 2-12-2010 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

Thank you, do you know any more about the situation and the specific "violations"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

But the point is...WAS he or was he NOT. Firstly you should know your county ordinances before you deficate on the land

I totally agree with that one.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
I'm just curious, because someone has, supposedly, fought for our country, we now have to right no disagree with them without being labeled a hater of our country?

I may dislike most of our government, but do not hate our country!!! Quite the opposite, otherwise I wouldn't be fighting for this guys rights.
edit on 2-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

What about this guy's neighbor's rights?

Just asking?

The neighbors should have the same rights as he does, they have every right to report him or even take him to court there selves.

They get the same rights, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

But this is where we need more information on the article....he may have been warned numerous times which then he should def be removed....if this was his first time i can see working out a plan with him or warning him or something

I would agree with that, as long as the warnings and city codes are warranted. just not having running water and electricity is no warrant. if he is polluting the environment, than that should have been addressed long before now through due process.

"City codes" have nothing to do with this. This is a rural area and they come under the county commishoners in Indiana.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I would agree with that, as long as the warnings and city codes are warranted. just not having running water and electricity is no warrant. if he is polluting the environment, than that should have been addressed long before now through due process.

"City codes" have nothing to do with this. This is a rural area and they come under the county commishoners in Indiana.

even more reason to leave him be.

the poop thing is even a worse argument now, especially when thousands of tons of hazardous chemicals are sprayed on the crops then washed into our drinking water at a much faster rate than any waste material would.

So what county codes is he breaking then.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I live in Madison county, Indiana. The policy here is that this man would have to be warned numerous times and allowed many months to resolve problems before he is evicted.

Thank you, do you know any more about the situation and the specific "violations"

No, haven't heard a follow uo from WISH TV on this yet.

I haven't experienced that Madison county is very repressive. Hell, anyone can get a gun permit here. So, I would imagine this has been an ongoing thing for quite a while and there is probably a lot that hasn't been told.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

oh i'm sure there is a lot that hasn't been told.

I'm just curious as to why they didn't report more on it, as to past experiences with the guy if there were some

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

oh and I go through alexandria quite often to visit the inlaws.

I live in Lafayette.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

oh i'm sure there is a lot that hasn't been told.

I'm just curious as to why they didn't report more on it, as to past experiences with the guy if there were some

WISH TV does this type of reporting for RATINGS. It pays the bills.

Seriously though, the guy's major problem is he needs to have a septic system. He could pay for it by selling off a couple acres of his 39...problem solved. He doesn't have to have water, electricity, phone service or provide toliets for his animals

His biggest problem is probably nosey neighbors who complain a lot.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

oh and I go through alexandria quite often to visit the inlaws.

I live in Lafayette.

Alexandria is a neat little town. Home of the Gathers.

I live in a sub-division outside Pendleton, IN

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There are people on reservations living this way. No water, electricity, phone, etc. Many wish they could have those things, and many are content to live without them. In this country you don't own anything. You don't even own yourself.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This article reminds me of a quote from the following thread: abovetopsecret.com...

" Some of you think you may escape by buying some land in the country and growing a garden. Let me remind you that you still pay us ground rent. Oh, you may call it property taxes, but it still goes to us. You see, you need money no matter what you do. If you fail to pay your ground rent to us, we will take your land and sell it to someone who will pay us. Do you think we cannot do this?

And with your ground rent we pay for the indoctrination of your children in the public schools we have set up. We want them to grow up well trained into the system of our thinking. Your children will learn what we want them to learn, when we want them to learn it, and you pay for it through your ground rent. "

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Maybe the Amish will be next for "living too simply".

How people can put on our military uniform and shoot some Iraqi's claiming to be fighting for our freedom...

When people like this guy can't even live piss poor on his own land without being booted FROM HIS OWN LAND.....it's just beyond me.

The only place fighting needs to be done to free America is right here on our own soil.

We ARE the new Nazi's. We are actually WORSE! Atleast the Nazi's let their own people live in their homes and land without being booted from them. We may have been better off if the Nazi's took over the world.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

They never said he didnt pay his property taxes. Frankly! YOU are the only one saying that. Im so glad this country has been so good for your lifestyle SHEEP!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I didn't see anything in the article about his animals polluting. It was written very vague (broke too many rules wtf) and made it sound as if it was to do with his not having water and electricity. He had almost 40 acres right? I seriously doubt he was collecting his animals poop and dumping it in a water way (saw nothing in the article about a water way, but didn't watch the video). They had plenty of land to do their business and last time I heard an animal #ting on the ground wasn't a threat to anyone. It's his land. They have no right to take it. I know with imminent domain your land can be taken from you simply because you aren't developing it. Then you take into consideration how the government is passing things that make it harder to grow small gardens to be self sufficient.

So if you have land, and you can no longer put a garden on it, but you don't have the money or desire to put a house or trailer on it you can lose that land.
edit on 2-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The system that we live in won't allow you to become self-sufficient,

WHY you may ask?

Because the elites want you to become slaves and totally in-debt to their system so that you work like a dog 8-10 hours a day until the retirement age and after retirement your will be disposed with a million drugs being pumped into you to treat that little knee or back problem.

Always remember these elites will never be so rich or powerful WITHOUT YOU.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Doujutsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

Yeah I know I addressed that in my first comment on this thread (lost in the pages).
It's a set up to force you into consumerism. Like monsanto and their terminator seeds.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah I know I addressed that in my first comment on this thread (lost in the pages).
It's a set up to force you into consumerism. Like monsanto and their terminator seeds.

Sorry i didn't have enough time to go through all the posts.

Anyway people have been self-sufficient for thousands of years and it's also a FACT that people who live a natural environment suffer from less illnesses/diseases.

Personally i have planned to go down that route, just saving up enough to buy a big enough land to live and grown on.At the moment i am studying up on practical skills required to live such a lifestyle.

The Amish people are a really good example.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You got it.

We have to ask the king for permission to farm or build a greenhouse. We have to ask the king for permission to keep chickens or goats. We have to ask the king for permission to take a deer or fish.

We dont have to ask for permission to work some job. Though we do have to meet requirements laid out by the king and tithe a percentage of that labor to the king to give thanks for his majesties generosity and compassion.

The king can suck my balls.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The REAL reason they want this guy gone is that he is paying very little in property taxes.
A home with a foundation, plumbing and electricity, roof, heating and every other item they tax you on, would bring a lot more revenue to the town's coffers. Just think how many homes they can build and tax on 39 acres. It's worth the effort to steal this guy's home and land. Watch out everyone, you could be next.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join