It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Getting Evicted from Land for living "to simply"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Oversimplifications....ghost.....you could not have said it better. This isn't 100000 years ago. I dang suream not going to get sick because this guy can't .....poo....in a toilet. Cmon now common sense tells you that is not sanitary. I don't care if your on 30 acres or 100 acres....your poo gets washed down into water that flows underground into our systems.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
So? where does the article talk about waste being the problem??

The main problem here is that the "article" is grossly misnamed. It is not an article at all. It is an example of shock "journalism" without any investigation or detail. It is geared toward getting the masses (you, me, us) UPSET without further explanation. Later, perhaps, there will be the "other side" of the story. It says he has many more animals. How many? What kinds? "Many?" So, if he has "many" then how does he manage their waste? Does he dump raw sewage into a nearby stream or water source? The article is a FAIL because the person who wrote it is completely lacking in journalistic integrity. This is a snippet to SHOCK the masses. We can only hope to feel our way through the causes of this "injustice." Why would local authorities go so far as to evict him? Has he paid the taxes? Does he have a plan (at LEAST a PLAN) for waste disposal from his animals? Has he broken other laws? Is he a convicted felon who has a prior record?

You see how AN UTTER LACK OF INFORMATION on the writer's part has resulted in us having to ask questions and guess and debate? The writer should be FIRED, in my opinion. Yes, that's harsh, but heck, look what controversy he/she has caused by a lack of reporting? Details please, details. It's not asking much from a NEWS STATION. Is it?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Ghost, You seem to be to going off the assumption that this guy is harming his neighbors and community. You have mentioned the word "law" several times in your post. However when one harms another we have civil and criminal remedies for such situation. Those remedies are prescribed upon due process of the law.

Where are the criminal charges? Where are the civil complaints? And where is the due process? I didn't get the impression there were any of those? Did you?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I could have sworn we have a RIGHT to a jury trial!

This is 100% disregard of our constitution!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills

Oversimplifications....ghost.....you could not have said it better. This isn't 100000 years ago. I dang suream not going to get sick because this guy can't .....poo....in a toilet. Cmon now common sense tells you that is not sanitary. I don't care if your on 30 acres or 100 acres....your poo gets washed down into water that flows underground into our systems.

Hoo-rah! ---Finally... and thanks. I was beginning to feel overwhelmed by the "call to rebellion" over this guy's lack of waste management. People really do get sick and die from this stuff, and millions of pounds of vegetables have been recalled over the last year alone over poop-tainted irrigation water. The average, mainstream person really has no idea how terrible of a situation this is, and the fragility of food and water.

A star for you!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Hoo-rah! ---Finally... and thanks. I was beginning to feel overwhelmed by the "call to rebellion" over this guy's lack of waste management. People really do get sick and die from this stuff, and millions of pounds of vegetables have been recalled over the last year alone over poop-tainted irrigation water. The average, mainstream person really has no idea how terrible of a situation this is, and the fragility of food and water.

A star for you!

Oh yippeeee he gets a star for disregarding due process!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

Ghost, You seem to be to going off the assumption that this guy is harming his neighbors and community. You have mentioned the word "law" several times in your post. However when one harms another we have civil and criminal remedies for such situation. Those remedies are prescribed upon due process of the law.

Where are the criminal charges? Where are the civil complaints? And where is the due process? I didn't get the impression there were any of those? Did you?

Good points. And I agree. Due process. I must refer you to my very recent post in this thread to an UTTER (or should I say, pardon the pun, "UDDER") lack of information in the few words that are wrongly called an "article." We have an extreme lack of information here, and are left to speculation and imagination. Basically, I would at least, for now, think that there is some basis for his eviction. City councils and sheriffs do not, as a rule, wake up and decide to evict people from their land without due cause for the express reason that said person(s) would retaliate with a suit of their own (eagerly accepted and prosecuted by attorneys wanting a juicy settlement) against the community. City officials don't act, generally, in a stupid or heavy-handed manner. It works against them to do so, and if so, they remain in office little longer.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

A star for you!

Oh yippeeee he gets a star for disregarding due process!

No, he gets a star for knowing the dangers of pollution, and the dangers of allowing someone to freely pollute their local area. Would you drink from a stream downriver from this guy's land, really? Your attitude reflects that you would bend down into the water and take a big laddle-full of water and smile as it ran into your stomach. Would you really do that? Would you drink potentially tainted water from this land?

And, forgive me for this pun, where was the "DOO" process when this guy possibly allowed the waste of his animals to enter the water system?
edit on 2-12-2010 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

seems to me that you yourself are rushing to conclusions before knowing the facts!

if one man's poop is really the problem, then I'm sure there are thousands of people willing to put some money together to rent this man an portapotty.

And don't tell Me it's his animals because I often drive down country roads and see cattle, horses, and other livestock out in fields and fenced yards, yet I have never once seen anyone in those fields picking up the poop.

Your arguments are holding very little ground. If this man was truly doing harm, then he would have been cited and/or put in jail.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Due process.....maybe I have been over seas too long as my barrett 50 cal was my due process. Either way I give you a star for lack of common sense. Don't flush your toilet for a week then drink out of it....tell me how it goes

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I am not so inclined to readily assume that this individual was offered due process. There have been several cases of individuals being targeted without criminal charges, civil complaints, or due process what so ever.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Or have his land taken from him...which hopefully is being done

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

One Horse, One Dog, One Man, and One small bird are a lot less animals than I see on most farms.

Maybe I am wrong here and someone can help me, but do farmers that have livestock in there fields go around picking up the poop of there livestock?

and when they do pick it up from the smaller areas, do they put it in garbage bags and just let the trash man pick it up?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

You hope this man's land is taken from him? Why?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Or have his land taken from him...which hopefully is being done

Wow, just wow.

Now this is why I am losing faith in our country.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
His waste is going into the ground, into water we use, it does not matter how far out he is. If he does not want electricity cell phones cable....more power too him, but don't cause filth and disease

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Well....north korea is open to you...would love to see you complain over there.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

seems to me that you yourself are rushing to conclusions before knowing the facts!

if one man's poop is really the problem, then I'm sure there are thousands of people willing to put some money together to rent this man an portapotty.

And don't tell Me it's his animals because I often drive down country roads and see cattle, horses, and other livestock out in fields and fenced yards, yet I have never once seen anyone in those fields picking up the poop.

Your arguments are holding very little ground. If this man was truly doing harm, then he would have been cited and/or put in jail.

No one said people pick up poop from grazing animals or horses. But, there is a PLAN for the proper *management* of that waste, whether it be chemical spraying or some form of physical "re-integration" of that waste back into the top soil (like a tractor re-churning a field).

I, again state, that if this man were ALONE and merely on his portapotty, there would be NO THREAD. It would seem that his "many" animals (as stated in the article that suffers from a terrible lack of information) have something to do with the situation.

Rushing to conclusions? If you carefully read my posts to this, there is no rush to conclusion. In fact, I'm very fair to him, stating repeatedly that if he were merely existing on his own, that there would be no issue. However, the article, the terrible article, does state that he has MANY animals. That suggests there is an amount of waste. The article says he leads a somewhat simple life, and therefore probably does not manage the waste PROPERLY. Again, "I" wouldn't drink from water anywhere near his land. Would you?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

One Horse, One Dog, One Man, and One small bird are a lot less animals than I see on most farms

If I recall correctly, the terribel article states that he has MANY MORE animals? Did you read that? Did you get that? Or are you OVERLOOKING that in order to make an invalid point?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

His waste is going into the ground, into water we use, it does not matter how far out he is. If he does not want electricity cell phones cable....more power too him, but don't cause filth and disease

So his waste goes into the ground, well good for him!

Now where does our waste go? yeah through our sewers to some processing plant that cyphers the water buries the waste portion of it and back into the rivers the water goes.

But, our sewer systems and old clay pipes from our homes are breaking down causing our waste to also seep into the ground.

Are the cities doing anything about this????

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join