It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Getting Evicted from Land for living "to simply"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

They want him to be another brain washed slave,or leave. Because if everyone lived the right way like him,the fat cats sitting in offices doing nothing over at the electric and gas company would have to go flip burgers.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

ITs time for all to say,america if you apposse your own people in any way,we will opposse you.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica

ITs time for all to say,america if you apposse your own people in any way,we will opposse you.

As an American i sadly have to agree.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this!!! I say that man is not hurting anyone,its his land,so leave him the Hell alone!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

No problem, I just wish I knew this earlier before it was to late.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well, all I could do was post it to my blog and put it out on Twitter, at least its something.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride

Well, all I could do was post it to my blog and put it out on Twitter, at least its something.

NICE- Maybe together as a society we can do something about these kinds of injustices!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I live within 20 miles of this man, in Madison county, Indiana. I live in a rural setting, but in a subdivision.

I should say, I am a person who is rabidly in favor of property rights and freedom to live without BigGov's oversight, as long as the owner is not causing harm to others.. Almost all communities in America have laws to protect others nearby from someone moving in next door and causing harm such as polution of the ground water, etc.

A lot is not being told in this piece by WISH TV news. I have a brother-in-law that has five acres in a nearby county that has run afoul of county commisioners hisself for the last 30 years over issues. He rebuilds cars and has some wrecked vehicles on his property at all times awaiting repair. He has some nosey neighbors who complain from time to time. He has yet to be evicted. But he has a septic system and a well on site.

This man's major problem is probably the lack of sewage disposal. To dump raw sewage on pasture land could contaminate the soil and run off to other people's land nearby. Indiana is flat land and water runs freely to others lands during rain storms. Restrictions can and have overreached in some parts of rural Indiana. But sewage needs to be treated to avoid contamination of the lands.

Bottom line is, there may be other complaints by neighbors, but what is the overwhelming problem with this situation is the lack of a septic system, IMO. Others in this area are probably getting by in much the same manner as this gentleman, but they don't have nosey neighbors who complain. A septic system for a one or two person habitat would be $3000 or so to install.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You need to have a connection to "the system" otherwise you are considered a threat to "the system."
I guess this is how it's going to be...ugh?!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

So being a part of society is equivalent to being owned by a society? Normal procedure today was not normal procedure in the recent past. This is just another case of big brother's obsession with control over "the little guy". This kind of thinking is a classic example of being brainwashed. Not in the TRUE American spirit. IMO

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

We don't have a septic system at our ranch and don't want one. Our pipes run out to a lagoon (ditch). Just more BS regulations. We are not in city limits, thank goodness. I would like to know the full story on this. This guy has a big enough property that he shouldn't require a septic system. He can keep horses, after all!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
reply to post by GhostLancerThe facts are that if this president had divided up the stimulus money equally to ever man ,woman and child in the united states,each person would have received about $27,000.This would have all but fixed this economy.It would have kept money circulating to every person and business in the united states.It would keep peoples electric and water flowing.It would keep people living in homes and apartments.Now what we will see are homeless,desperate,without utilitiies ,people.Where was the breakdown to the penny on the stimulus package?The upcoming tragic financial events about to plaque the country could have been avoided by not giving away the countries reserve money to a few companies,so most of it gets kickbacked to a few people.This was done by the current president and there is nobody else to point the finger at.

THE LAST PRESIDENT HAD THE FIRST BAIL-OUT. HE DID NOT DO THIS. THE CURRENT PRESIDENT FOLLOWED SUIT. Besides, do you really think that Congress, OWNED by big business, big corporations and WALL STREET would allow this? Do you really think the PRESIDENT has this power? If he had suggested anything close to this, it would have been shot down.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by GhostLancer

Cattle create a lot of waste that no one picks and nobody complains about it, same with a ranch with horses and there are people who still use horse/cow manure as fertilizer. Human excrement can also be used as fertilizer, NASA has been successful using it in a hydroponics lab.

The guy has 30+ acres, no one was complaining about his or his animals waste. An outhouse is not a bad option and unlike the green police want you to believe, it does not contaminate the aquifer. The chemicals used to 'treat' waste are far more dangerous than the waste itself.

This guy did nothing wrong and I envy the way he has been living.

Do we know if a creek/river passes through his property? Do we know if a population center is downstream? Do we know how many animals he has?

Farmers with cattle do periodically "treat" their grazing fields, whether it be with chemicals or a "re-mixing" of the top soil. So, cattle manuer is reintigrated back into the soil over time, in some manner. I am merely pointing out that if you have a large group of animals, you should have a PLAN to manage their waste and your land. If not, no worries. This guy might or might not be in the wrong. But, he has to operate within the law, as we all do. If you let one person ignore the law, then what is to say seven dozen other people have to conform? If you let it go at this level, it will unravel to the point of mass chaos. "Mass Chaos" might sound "fun" to some people, but it would quickly become deadly when cholera and disease spread to the masses.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Pay your taxes, keep your place up, and none of us know the whole story. Man would i love to see you people live in North Korea or Somalia for a year. Cry to there government and you get your throat cut.....such a horrible country we are...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Let me guess, you've never lived outside a sardine can in a large city and your paranoid of dirt? He's not hurting anyone. Only a real control freak would want him evicted.

Millions live on the streets in the huge filthy cities, homeless, drug addicts and alcoholics living in boxes and never bathing and people are upset a Country Boy lives in a camp trailer? How sad is that.

I'll bet he does not even have manicured fingernails
Do you suppose he touches those filthy animals

Wow.... You are extrapolating quite a bit there. I'm not sure what you mean by "never lived outside a sardine can in a large city." I've lived in metropolitan areas. I've lived in rural areas. I've lived in areas between such areas. "Paranoid of dirt?" Well, if by "dirt" you mean $ H I T then perhaps I would like to, let's say, REMAIN FREE OF IT. ???? Really???? Would you like to have your white T-shirt stained with fecal matter? Shirly, you're not saying you would roll in the pig poop, right? He IS hurting people IF his animal waste is tainting a stream/brook/creek/river. THAT HARMS PEOPLE. Cholera is started that way. Dozens of thousands of people DIE each year from EColi poisoning. That is a FACT. Crops irrigated with water exposed to ecoli make people sick. Millions of pounds of tomatoes and lettuce recalls ring a bell? Apparently the FDA agrees that poop on your salad (even particles) is deadly.

If he were a simple "country boy living in a camp trailer" there would be no thread here. He has ANIMALS. Apparently, he is not properly handling the waste.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
That guy should contact his local militia... Live free or die trying!

OK Fine. Let's all DIE. DIE. DIE. Because this guy can't properly dispose of his animal waste. Great way to fall on your sword for that cause. Bring militias into this and let's have another WACO ----all over POOP. "What did Dad die for Mommy?" Mommy smiles, a tear wells up in her left eye because she has no right eye (lost in the firefight). Mommy answers: "We defended a guy who didn't properly dispose of his animal poop." Kid, shocked, "Really? Dad died for that?" Mommy: "Yeah. We had to protect our Freedom." Kid: "Freedom... Freedom for ANIMAL POOP?" Mommy: "Yup." Kid: "I want Daddy." Mommy: "Have some animal poop."

GREAT RALLY CRY FOR FREEDOM. If you want to die for Freedom, or at least FIGHT FOR FREEDOM: Join the military and contribute to a somewhat more worthy cause.

(additional comments) ---OR become a firefighter, a policeman, a emergency med tech (EMT)... Point is, if you want to stand up for a cause, or for Freedom, then join the ranks of people taking an ***ACTIVE*** role in propping up and defending our society, not an armchair quarterback sitting on the sidelines complaining about how evil the system is. People who are an ACTIVE PART of making America strong generally have a far different outlook on things. It is one thing to be RESPONSIBLE for protecting, defending and strengthening our country, and another thing COMPLETELY to sit on the sidelines complaining about how bad things are. When you are cooking the meal (or helping in any way), your appreciation of it is far different from someone who has been sitting there impatiently waiting for it, eating it hungrily and then complaining about the intricacies of the seasoning.
edit on 2-12-2010 by GhostLancer because: edited to add other avenues of contribution

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
This scares me actually. How is this legal. If it is your land it's your land isn't it?
I had always thought I would buy a piece of land to own in case something ever happened and I became way down on my luck. I would always own that land to put a garden and a trailer or tent or whatever. So with the new laws about not being able to be self sufficient with your gardens and own herbs, etc. now you can't live on your own land.

This country is getting scary. Why are we being forced into consumerism and forced into taking on a debt?
(Well.. I know why, but it's so wrong.)

Don't be scared. The arguments on this thread are OVERSIMPLIFICATIONS of the actual issue. If you had your own land and chose to live on it and grow your herbal garden, etc., then no problem. The problem, from what I gathered, is that this guy has many animals and no means to properly dispose of their waste. We don't know if a creek/stream/river passes through his land, and, if so, and he's dumping raw sewage into it, then he's effectively POISONING the water downstream from him. It sounds like water was tested downstream of his location, as well as upstream. It seems that his land is the source of the pollution.

Your land is YOUR land. BUT... that doesn't give you OR a major company to pollute carte blanche. How would you feel if a corporation bought land upstream from you (say 1,000 acres), and started dumping toxins into THEIR LAND? You'd sue them for damages to your deformed children. It's happened. THE SAME LAWS KEEP PRIVATE CITIZENS IN CHECK, as well.

Just because a private citizen owns some lands does not give him/her the right to pollute that land or downstream locations. SAME AS WITH BIG CORPORATIONS. Otherwise, the logic stated (that we can do whatever we want with our land) would mean that these big corps could buy 1,000s of acres of land and do whatever they wanted to because it is THEIR land. Uh-uh. Can't do it. Not prudent. You might own a parcel of land (or more), but you can't pollute it IF it affects others.

Your scenario sounds fine because you aren't damaging the land or anyone nearby. Don't be scared. AND... you can have animals, as long as you have some kind of plan to eliminate their waste that fits into the realm of your local city council and state government. Millions of people have no problem. This guy is apparently doing something wrong that is upsetting his neighbors (like dumping untreated sewage into nearby waters).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

actually we're a representative republic, not a democracy.
really helps to know what you're talking about.

Maybe so, but you have really not contributed to the quality of this topic. I'm sure if you made an elaborate point that I could get you on a technicality as well, but I would back it up with a sound and well-thought-out argument.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So? where does the article talk about waste being the problem??

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
You need to have a connection to "the system" otherwise you are considered a threat to "the system."
I guess this is how it's going to be...ugh?!

No. You might sing a different song if this guy's lack of proper sewage disposal caused your animals to get sick and die painfully. Who's right and who's wrong there? I'm all for Freedom and personal rights, but for Godssakes, are you blind to the dangers of improper waste disposal and the horrendous effects it can have on EVERYONE nearby? People in Haiti are suffering from a cholera outbreak because of this. Do you want that in your backyard? I think that this might not affect YOUR backyard, so it becomes a rally cry for rebellion. If this guy were making my animals and my kids and my neighbors and my family sick...? Well, I'd want to put a stop to his IRRESPONSIBLE MANAGEMENT. --Legally and without violence. If he were living in his trailer and didn't have animals producing massive amounts of waste that tainted water and land, so be it. Leave him alone. However, comma, sounds like his lack of management is leading to the tainting of water and land. ---A danger to his neighbors. It's not an issue of being connected to the "system" or being a "threat" to it. It's an issue of your lack of management leading to your neighbors and their animals getting sick from it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join