It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Israel's Mossad Targeting Iran's Nuclear Scientists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Is Israel's Mossad Targeting Iran's Nuclear Scientists?

news.yahoo.com

The Iranian nuclear expert assassinated in Tehran on Monday was the top scientist and senior manager of Iran's nuclear effort. Majid Shahriari was killed when an explosive charge placed in his car was detonated by remote control after he climbed into the vehicle, according to a Western intelligence expert with knowledge of the operation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is an amazing development in the middle east... If this is in fact true... Then.. Wow...

We've recently discovered through #cablegate that Iran purchased 19 long range missiles from North Korea, and now this...

There should be no doubt now about the cold war which exists between the whole of the world ( minus a few nations ) and Iran...

And Ironic as it seems, it truly is North Korea, and Iran vs the world when it comes to conventional nation state struggles... Though China seems to play a piece of which the eventuality still escapes me...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I'm more concerned about what those brainwashed individuals would say regarding this news?

They would probably say, hey, that isn't terrorism, bombing scientists is OK

It is for the greater good

Funny how the word terrorism is isolated to one people.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

On this you and I agree completely... This may not be terrorism of a people, but it is definitely terrorism of a profession, much like killing abortion doctors...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I think before we go down the Mossad road we should look at some othe rpossible issues as well. Iran recently had their Nuke program compromised, which had to be done from inside their most secure facility. Iran has had an issue in the past with their scientists being paid by other countries to spy against Iran.

Most recently an Iranian scientists returned to Iran from the US after turning over information about their progran.

Couple this with the increase in the revolutionary guard authority in addition to (I am forgetting the name) the armed vigilante group that rode around on motorcycles armed attacking protestors.

It would be easy for Iran to "execute the scientists" in such a public manner, and then spin it as if a foreign power was behind it. It kills a few birds with one stone:

* - Traitors were killed, sending a warning to others in the system of the consequences
* - Iran can blame it on the Great Satan or the "Zionist Regime"
* - Iran gives the citizens of their country yet another distraction to keep their anger focused on something other than the Iranian Government.

This seems to be a fairly consistent cycle for Iran. They are grenerally quiet until the people in Iran begin to focus back on the government and their failed policies and internation isolation. When this stats, there is always something that occurs that gets blamed on anyone but the Iranian Government that refocuses the anger of Iranian Citizens.

While I would not completely rule out a foreign power assasinating the scientists, I would not focus 100 percent on that scenario while ignoring other possible scenarios.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Iran had to expect that. We could assassinate all their nuclear people.

They have no means to do anything about it. They could fire everyone of their Kmart missiles at Israel and not one would get by Phalanx, Aegis, Arrow, Patriot, THAAD, or the directed energy missile defense systems.

If the Iranians had any brains they would have created biological or chemical weapon systems instead of nuclear...

But what do you expect...those people can't even take their crude oil and turn it into gasoline.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Iran had to expect that. We could assassinate all their nuclear people.

They have no means to do anything about it. They could fire everyone of their Kmart missiles at Israel and not one would get by Phalanx, Aegis, Arrow, Patriot, THAAD, or the directed energy missile defense systems.

If the Iranians had any brains they would have created biological or chemical weapon systems instead of nuclear...

But what do you expect...those people can't even take their crude oil and turn it into gasoline.

So I take it all of Israeli weapons are designed and made in Israel ???
BTW, who says they don't have biological or chemical weapon systems ??

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I find the idea of Iran's nuclear program frightening and feel Israel has the right to take reasonable measures to protect itself. I do not think, however, that going after scientists is going to do Israel much good. Even if Israel takes out a few top scientists, there will be others who can pick up where they left off. Once a nation like Iran lets the nuclear cat out of the bag, it can never go back in.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

But they can build nuclear reactors???

Which way do you want it? Potential nuclear terrorists or dumb as the rocks they live on?

Can't have both.

And I didn't think there was ANYONE who was out there who didn't already know this was a Mossad hit.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Duh!

(sorry for the short pots, but the question just begs for it)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I find the idea of Iran's nuclear program frightening and feel Israel has the right to take reasonable measures to protect itself. I do not think, however, that going after scientists is going to do Israel much good. Even if Israel takes out a few top scientists, there will be others who can pick up where they left off. Once a nation like Iran lets the nuclear cat out of the bag, it can never go back in.

But Israeli's nuclear program is fine???

I just don't get the hypocrisy of some people..
Israelis are no angels..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Im not sure if you are referring to stuxnet or not... If you are, then that was not a compromise from within their facilities as stuxnet is a worm which infected many facilities...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Gotta love the Americans, always contributing with such an open minded perspective, loved the line about the gasolineeeeeee (heavy texan accent).

top topics

join