It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report warns Obama about 'new' Dark Ages

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Report warns Obama about 'new' Dark Ages

www.redicecreations.com

Two national-security experts have issued a report through the Heritage Foundation that warns Obama administration officials to start working now to prevent – and mitigate the damage from – an electromagnetic pulse attack on the United States because of the potential for "unimaginable devastation."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The article goes on to say..

"Not even a global humanitarian effort would be enough to keep hundreds of millions of Americans from death by starvation, exposure, or lack of medicine. Nor would the catastrophe stop at U.S. borders. Most of Canada would be devastated, too, as its infrastructure is integrated with the U.S. power grid. Much of the world's intellectual brain power (half of it is in the United States) would be lost as well. Earth would most likely recede into the 'new' Dark Ages," states the report by James J. Carafano, the deputy director of the Kathryn and Shelby Cullom Davis Institute for International Studies and director of the Douglas and Sarah Allison Center for Foreign Policy Studies, and Richard Weitz, senior fellow and director of the Center for Politial-Military Analysis at the Hudson Institute.

This is some scary stuff right here.. the key thing I learned in this article was the following term..

Carrington event... this is something that could be very problematic given the dependency we have grown on electricity.

"The last 'great' geomagnetic storm was in 1859, called the Carrington event. Modern civilization, so dependent upon electronic systems, has not yet experienced a 'great' geomagnetic storm. Many scientists think we are overdue," he wrote. "Some scientists believe that, as we approach the solar maximum over the next two years, since the solar maximum brings increased solar flare activity, the possibility of a "great" geomagnetic storm will also increase."

www.redicecreations.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Great info, OP, thanks.

It's worth keeping in mind that the Heritage Foundation has a pronounced ideological slant to the right. Whether you agree or disagree, they always have an agenda and are not unbiased, dispassionate seekers of the truth.

On this matter, however, I think its certainly something worth planning for.

I've never heard of the Carrington Event, so I'm off to do a bit more reading on it. Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No need to panic..I'm sure the DUMBS are all shielded from such an attack..

Now all I need is a doorpass..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Great find. There is a new book out "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen which covers this very scenario. This is real, this is the new weapon of mass destruction and from other security reports covered in the book, this is even scarier than a Nuclear weapon as the implications and damage would be far reaching well over 1-5 years after such an attack.

If all the speculation from those on ATS and other topic related websites is true regarding population reduction, Guidestones, NWO and so on, this is the most effective way to do so.

If your not already prepping, after reading this report or the book you will.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have heard of this and my question is if one goes off that is big enough to affect the whole country, how long does everything stay down, and what would be involved in recovering from such a scenario. Does an EMP just fry everything electrical or does it just knock it out temporarily?
Either way, it sounds like horrible thing to ever happen.

spec

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I would definitely put the Heritage Foundation on a list of "biased" sources, but I think that the article in itself was informative, and disturbing.

Thanks, Hunka...
edit on 30-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: spelling

edit on 30-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I have heard of this and my question is if one goes off that is big enough to affect the whole country, how long does everything stay down, and what would be involved in recovering from such a scenario. Does an EMP just fry everything electrical or does it just knock it out temporarily?
Either way, it sounds like horrible thing to ever happen.

spec

From what I understand, part of the critical recommndations is basically to have replacement parts for things like transformers etc, and a means to communicate which would allow the successful deployment of them... Even if this was something which happened in a "cell" like fashion....

It's mainly electronics, not electricity, if I understand this correctly, which would lead me to believe that DC probably would have been the best bet to begin with

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Very concerning article. If people would not panic and begin looting and criminal behavior we could probably make it through an emp attack or natural occurring event such as the Carrington event.

This is certainly some fresh doom to consider. I wonder if this was why Obama pushed so desperately in the beginning for a new form of energy, one that would be generated by natural means like wind, solar and hydro? Seems someone put the halt on those ideas since we have seen no results come forth as he promised we would see in the job markets and new factories built to create our new energy.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

NO doubt and with all the frivolous billions spent, hell Obama's 3000 strong vacation last month alone would have more than paid for the additional parts to have on hand NOW rather than wait until something happens and then have to wait years for the goods to be delivered from overseas.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yep everyone on ATS and in the US should read One Second After... great book and a must read... it shows why the US, and any country for that matter, are INSANE to not do anything to protect civilian infrastructure from EMP...

Be it terrorism/war/solar flare... the EMP danger is real and would for sure, if it happened tomorrow, kill hundreds of million of people.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Honestly, i don't think the source of the energy really matters much, it's the stuff at uses the energy, like transistors... Resistors.... Chips.... Cell phones, radios, etc

And, the method we use to transport energy, AC, at least in the states, requires step-downs which are also built on electronics so the actual street you are on would be without electricity to your outlets.

Generators may work after this, im not so sure as to how much electronics they have in them and it may depend on the model.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Very concerning article. If people would not panic and begin looting and criminal behavior we could probably make it through an emp attack or natural occurring event such as the Carrington event.

This is certainly some fresh doom to consider. I wonder if this was why Obama pushed so desperately in the beginning for a new form of energy, one that would be generated by natural means like wind, solar and hydro? Seems someone put the halt on those ideas since we have seen no results come forth as he promised we would see in the job markets and new factories built to create our new energy.

Its an awful scenario to think about. But perhaps we've not seen much concerning alternative energy sources because that was really only bait to pull us in. Maybe this kind of thing is what they want. Surely they are already prepared for something of this magnitude? Just another way of culling the herd? Who knows..

Very good post and I think something important to think about..Perhaps I'll just begin hanging out with the survivalists!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The thing that gets me about this form of weapon, is that it doesn't kill anyone directy, it simply incapacitates critical dependencies... Plunging us into a very real darkness, figuratively, metaphorically, and literally...

The unconscious would run free across the land...it would be terrifying

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Vitchilo

The thing that gets me about this form of weapon, is that it doesn't kill anyone directy, it simply incapacitates critical dependencies... Plunging us into a very real darkness, figuratively, metaphorically, and literally...

The unconscious would run free across the land...it would be terrifying

lol

The US should be more concerned about the upcoming energy crisis in the next 30 years. American's waste the most energy, and so they will suffer the worst when they must survive off of their own individual skill. On the other hand, less-industrial nations will prosper because they've been pursuing alternative energies, like Brazil.

Best part is that alternative energy is attacked by big oil in the US. Oil corporations and their lobbies fight against an energy revolution because it will cost them profit, so the US system will climax with a severe energy crisis for all Americans. Sure, my country will suffer twice as bad since we rely on a lot of energy and we will be forced to supply the US without interrupting the oil flow, but at least I, along with everyone I know, will just go back to our poor forest village and live it out as we always have

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

edit on 1-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I thought they were protecting us by filling the skies with chemtrails to produce a man-made magnetosphere haha?
Really this is super interesting stuff though. Where I live I have all the land I need to be self sufficient. A pond stocked with fish, hundreds of acre full of deer, lots of land to grow food.

Some of you city slickers wont be so lucky though.
I once went to a "bonfire" with some friends in Chicago. These kids tried burning everything they could (mostly cardboard) in attempts to start a decent fire. Then they gathered money together to send someone to buy "stuff for the fire." The kid they sent came back with a bag of charcoal. Charcoal! He threw it in and we watched the bag burn off and then nothing. My friend and I just set back drinking our beers laughing. When they had accepted defeat we gathered wood from the few trees nearby and started it for them.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'm sorry but you are wrong...

This doesn't have anything to do with power source, but devices...

All exposed electronics would fail permanently

Alternative forms of energy, won't matter.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

Love the avatar, also one thing that really bothers me more than the looters and all that stuff is the Nuclear power plants, what happens to those in an emp attack or event? That is what I worry about.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Great info, OP, thanks.

It's worth keeping in mind that the Heritage Foundation has a pronounced ideological slant to the right. Whether you agree or disagree, they always have an agenda and are not unbiased, dispassionate seekers of the truth.

On this matter, however, I think its certainly something worth planning for.

I've never heard of the Carrington Event, so I'm off to do a bit more reading on it. Thanks again!

Thing is... The Wiki tells an interesting story...

On September 1–2, 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Aurorae were seen around the world, most notably over the Caribbean; also noteworthy were those over the Rocky Mountains that were so bright that their glow awoke gold miners, who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning.[3]
Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed.[4] Telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire. Some telegraph systems appeared to continue to send and receive messages despite having been disconnected from their power supplies.

Further down they say this happened with more than one flare, the first clearing a path for the second to move so quickly...

Since the advent of ubiquitous electronics, we've not experienced anything like it... And it could do it in and of itself... Maybe
edit on 1-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join