It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thief breaks into car of Pat Burns' widow, steals hockey items

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Thief breaks into car of Pat Burns' widow, steals hockey items

news.guelphmercury.com

MONTREAL—A heartbreaking crime was committed against Pat Burns’ family within hours of his funeral. After the hockey world gathered yesterday to mourn the death of the old coach, someone smashed into his widow’s car.

Montreal police say someone broke into the car belonging to Line Burns and stole a number of her valuable possessions — including jewelry and 30 autographed hockey jerseys.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It is disgusting how some people are preying on the most vulnerable these days, like the thieve should have had a bit more compassion instead of stealing the possessions of from the car.

I believe the thief knows the family but it could have been just a random thief looking to make some money.

I seen stuff like this happen a lot lately. And it sickens me to think that there are people out there who just think about themselves and not care about others.

news.guelphmercury.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I heard about this today on the radio. Disgusting.

The things they took are worth a ton, you could never sell them though as it is obvious whose they were. Same thing with keeping them, someone would know where you got them.

What a thing to do to a new widow.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I was pretty upset as well when I first heard this.

Regrettably the type of people in the frame of mind who are ready to smash a window in the city and steal your belongings, are probably not the most thoughtful and loving people.

They probably had dollar signs in their eyes when they figured out what they stumbled upon.

I hope they get caught, you cannot pawn off memorabilia like that and not have someone follow the trail.

I hope these dirt bags get caught and all that was taken given back to Pat's family.

If they do get caught, this is Canada and they will be let out in the morning on a promise to appear, and will get a slap on the wrist

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2008

BTS
2nd

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
yahoo.ca now says its thieves, so who knows what'll happen in court. my local paper doesn't know what they are talking about half the time most times its filler and stories that shouldn't even be news but if it is thieves, then it musta been a large scale operation or something.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
is this any worse than siphon off picasso's works, holding onto them till the statute of limitations has passed, then passing them off as gifts?

its all dodgy. and everyone on this planet .. even those who claim otherwise, really only look out for number one.

just a question, would any of you change you mind if it turned out the thief stole this stuff to buy food?

is it the crime or your assumption of motive you most rail against?

justa question.
i have moral ambiguity, i see both sides.

top topics

join