It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Metal Church Burnings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

You're right. I wasn't trying to convey an image of contemporary Black Metal as being "Satanist." This documentary you cited I've been meaning to check out for quite a while. I've heard the soundtrack, which I like very much. I'm about to start "Lords of Chaos" by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

edit on 9-12-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Thanks for that Lysergic.
Cool song.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

I agree with you completely, and that's coming from a guy who grew up Christian. I still believe most of the metaphorical aspects and morality but only to that extent. The Christian religion as well as most others has fallen under the control of those in power...So who knows what to really trust when it comes to your religious beliefs?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The band NME was actually the first black metal band to have a member to commit a violent crime...

In April 1986, Kurt was accused of killing his adoptive mother with a hatchet and scissors while on drugs. He claimed that he thought he was a robot. He wanted to open up his mother to see if she was a robot also. He was charged with second-degree murder and was sentenced to 12 years in prison.

metal-archives.com...

Not church burning, but still semi-related to the topic at hand

Euronymous from Mayhem was supposedly a big fan of them!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

Dude, you have to check out this band called Adrift from CT, US.

Here's think link: www.myspace.com...

The song "A Stone Fell From Thy Sundered One" is so good it's ridiculous. Sounds like they got some natural distortion on the vocals from the PA system...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join