It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI engineers terror plot, creates terrorist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

This has no connection to them physically attacking their own country with the guise. Your assumptions go a bit too far.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What if you give a while skin head a C4 and planning to bomb a black gathering?

It's amazing to see how people are blinded on what is the real cause of the problem. Instead of trying to blame FBI on this incident, why don't you condemn the "killing" teachings(jihad) of Koran, oozy? It is your mental block oozy, isn't it? If Jesus Christ tells me to kill other human being, I would tell him to go to hell instead. Muslims do not understand their teacher is a devil and then blame others for their own action. Of course the kid has been trapped but why do you(parents, elders, families) let him be trapped in the first place? If you are a real compassionate human being(s), you should condemn Koran and become a Chiristian instead. And no one will entrap your kids into this madness. By the way, don't try to tell me about the Roman Catholics brutality in the past, I seriously do not believe some of the dark factions of the Roman Catholics are real christians. Some of them are Satan worshippers just like all of the Moslems.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I am not one to usually say this BUT.
Lately, I have been very proud of our FBI agents.
They have been on the MSM a lot lately. Taking down some
pretty big boys. Some Wall Street "thugs" and Congress "crooks"
I can not wait until they go after and take down the BANKsters

At the end of the day, they to go home their family's to.
Thank You!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Speak out against any injustice on this board and the agents will be contacting you. They will try to get you riled up and angry enough to carry out an attack. Then they get a pat on the back. Test my theory yourself. By the way, I will never harm my fellow humans, no matter how much I hate them. So stop trying to side with me in my liberal thinking you provacatures.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i just had a huge arguement over this.
if the fbi confronted him when he was under 18, i consider this corruption of a minor. people are easily manipulated at around his age, and if they knew he was conttent on killing people at say, the age of 17, well they should do tthe right thing as an adult and say stop it. we have enough to convict you of conspiracy. but tto then aid the kids mind and continue his path of mindset, well you corrupting a minor.. its so bogus.. this whole story makes me so mad..

any fbi wanna come and set up a terrorist organization for me? i could use some advice on being more hateful.. please.. maybe you can even gimme a fake bomb.

once the older fbi agents made contact, how do you know he didnt want to then impress them? you cant have adults in a place of authority playing mind games with a minor. to me the fbi is guilty of corrupting a minor and conspiracy to corrupt a minor, and conspiracy to commit a terrorist act. stop the kid when you first find out.

so mad

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'd like to see a few more facts come in on this case but from what we know so far, I have to agree with the FBI on this one. It's not like this was a regular kid playing basketball in the park one day minding his own business who was later coaxed into becoming a terrorist. From all sources, he seems to have actively been trawling to get involved in terrorist activities.

Fortunately, the FBI intercepted him before someone else did. Then apparently the FBI tried to talk him out of it along the way but in the end, the man still pushed the trigger on the fake bomb. No sympathy there.

And to answer your question as to why the feds never try to take down 'white' groups. Well, they do. It's just not as hyped up in the media. Just a matter of months ago they infiltrated a militia/Christian group up north. Can't remember the details but it was discussed on ATS.

www.npr.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Even if it is a case of "the devil made me do it" it's still a persons choice to act on intentions to murder people.

This is very true.
What I think about this situation is, so what if they "convinced" him to try to blow people up? He still made the decision to try to act on that. Nobody forced him to do anything... If I hand somebody a gun and tell them "With this, you can go shoot whoever you want", it won't make them innocent for doing so. This guy is guilty.

Unless of course he had some of those CIA implants in his head.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

He wasn't a minor. He is 19 now and the FBI just got in touch with him about 5 months ago.
So not a minor, knew what he was doing, he was an asshole. Please let's cut the sympathy for the guy who was willing to kill any one of you and your families. The FBI could whisper in my ears for 30 years and still not convince me to do something like this. That being said he was well on his way when they talked to him and he was already capable of killing.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thank you. That's what I've been trying to tell Oozy this entire thread. It wasn't racially motivated either, I gave several examples of the FBI employing these types of tactics. Posing as hitmen, posing as arms dealers. I think the FBI do/did a commendable job.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Everybody thinks the FBI are only out to get innocent people in jail, killed, or whatever. Well what do police do undercover?

They set up stings for prostitution, fake drug deals, even fake hitmen meetings for people intending to kill their spouse, employer, etc. So is it entrapment when a PO'd husband who wants to kill his soon-to-be ex-wife goes out and tries to find a hitman to do the deed for him, and instead meets with an undercover cop who pretends to be a hitman?

Is it entrapment when undercover police buy or sell drugs to gangbangers, crackheads, or others, then bust them for it?

Geeze people, I know some of you out there have some sort of grudge against law enforcement, but to be willing to support and even DEFEND this murderous thug SOB? what the hell is wrong with people?? Its as if only the govt is capable of killing people, and that there are no eveil people out there hellbent on murdering and destruction of innocent lives! Only the FBI, CIA, Mossad, MI5-6, KGB, are able to plan and execute terrorist attacks, and not radicalized jihadists, whackjob losers, or psycho murderers who get off on mass murder. Behind ever bush and tree, there is a fed out to get you! I know ATS is for conspiracies and such, but this sort of paranoia is beyond me! Its not healthy. And the true terrorists and murderers are allowed to continue their crimes, laughing because the victims think its their own people doing it to themselves. And then you wonder why they think we are stupid ignorant folk.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by oozyism

This already has many threads. Look up threads on the Oregon bomber.
He was already intent on killing people. The FBI did their jobs on this in my opinion. I think they played it up for the fear factor in the media, but did the right thing on busting the kid.

abovetopsecret.com...

abovetopsecret.com...

What if you give a while skin head a C4 and planning to bomb a black gathering?

Why doesn't the FBI do that>?

Why are they focusing only on Muslims?

Isn't that prejudice?

Isn't that bigotry?

Isn't that intentionally spread hate towards Muslims?

Hey, why not give a gangster a C4, and give him a plan to blow up the police station?

Why do I even try sometimes??

By the way, I know the incident has been posted many times, this is about such terror orchestrating, producing more terrorists.

Get it?

Read the headline, click on the website to read the whole article.

WTF

edit on 30-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

Ooz I kinda have to agree with you here.

Regardless of my feelings toward saracens, this is entrapment.

If you want to snag a mexican ms13? Bait for a mexican ms13.

If you want to snag a skinhead? Bait for a skinhead.

Want to perpetuate the saracen boogie man? Well, there you go.

With these methods you will eventually find someone (just as you would on a lake eventually find fish) if you trolled long enough.

These stories are begining to sound alot like Marinus van der Lubbe and the Reichstag fire.

Got to keep the "idiot masses" scared so they can make more scanners

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
edit on 2/12/10 by felonius because: add

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Is it entrapment when undercover police buy or sell drugs to gangbangers, crackheads, or others, then bust them for it?

No, that isn't entrapment. That is tyranny.

I am not a drug user myself, but a person should be free to pursue whatever non-criminal behavior they wish. A "criminal" behavior is one in which you cause another to suffer a loss. Some dude sitting in his house smoking pot is not a crime, despite what our despots and tyrants want to say.

And prostitution....what part of the Constitution gives the government the right to intercede in the personal sexual matters of US citizens? Another non criminal behavior being criminalized by despots and tyrants.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
He wasn't a minor. He is 19 now and the FBI just got in touch with him about 5 months ago.

...no... the young man in question was a 15yr old MINOR when the fbi started their game with him FOUR YEARS ago... the only thing you got right was that he is now 19yrs old...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Sorry.. you are wrong. They may have been keeping an eye on him since he was fifteen (and maybe not) but did not contact him until this summer.

Mohamud, who grew up in Beaverton, was a former student at Oregon State University. He had been enrolled in courses from late 2009 until Oct. 6 before withdrawing, said Oregon State University spokesman Todd Simmons.

The law-enforcement official who spoke to the AP on Saturday said agents began investigating Mohamud after receiving a tip from someone who was concerned about the teenager. The official declined to provide any more detail about the relationship between Mohamud and that source.

In an e-mail exchange with an undercover agent Mohamud complained, "I have been betrayed by my family," although he describes no specific action that family members took.

The FBI monitored Mohamud's e-mail and found that he was in contact with people overseas, asking how he could travel to Pakistan and join the fight for jihad, according to an FBI affidavit.

According to the law enforcement official, Mohamud e-mailed a friend living in Pakistan who had been a student in Oregon in 2007-2008 and been in Yemen as well.

For reasons that have not been explained, Mohamud tried to board a flight to Kodiak, Alaska, from Portland on June 14, wasn't allowed to board and was interviewed by the FBI, the affidavit states.

Mohamud told the FBI he wanted to earn money fishing and then travel to join "the brothers." He said he had previously hoped to travel to Yemen but had never obtained a ticket or a visa.

On June 23, an undercover agent contacted Mohamud by e-mail, pretending to be affiliated with the "unindicted associate" Mohamud had sent e-mails to.

The FBI's affidavit says the friend in Pakistan referred him to another associate, but gave him an e-mail address that Mohamud tried repeatedly to use unsuccessfully. The official said FBI agents saw that as an opportunity and e-mailed Mohamud in response, claiming to be associates of his friend, the former student.

news.yahoo.com...

He was trying pretty damn hard to get in touch.

edit on 2-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It was reported, though I cannot find the source now, that it was the guy's Father that contacted the FBI about concerns the guy was becoming "increasingly radical" and the email from the guy stating "he has been betrayed by his family" may be alluding to his belief that his family "held him back from jihad" ... his words.

edit on 2-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

FBI engineers terror plot, creates terrorist

rt.com

FBI agents were alerted to 19 year-old Mohamed Osman Mohamud by a family member, who suspected he might be a threat. Agents then set out to catch him in a sting operation; they created a fake jihadists terrorism ring, recruited Mohamed and persuaded him to carry out an attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

The American government has been doing this for ages. Terrorism doesn't exist per se. It's been created by the upper echelons of power in the United States. Why do you think they haven't been able to find a 6'5" Arab with diabetes, yet? They don't want to. He's one of their own.
The Americans created Al Qaeda. The Americans created Osama Bin Laden. The Americans created the War On Terror. Why did they do this you may ask. the answer is simple: To control their subjects.
You may ant to check this out:

Al Qaeda Is fake

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

I don't disagree that all of this is a possibility. For the most part terrorism is just a buzz word and a tool.
That doesn't mean there aren't dumb people out there who buy into it and then when they get fed up pose a risk and essentially become what the government put into their head to begin with. When you throw this idea out there different types of people will latch on. Some will latch on as fear and some of the less stable will think it's a path for them.

To me most homegrown terrorists are really just mentally unstable people that because of their Muslim background align their plot with Jihad and etc. This kid is no different to me than the columbine kids. They said they were bullied, but undoubtedly they were just a little insane and the only umbrella they could operate under was that they were bullied. This kid was Muslim, so he went towards radical thought.

It's not really different than Christians that snap and go on a killing spree because god or the devil told them to.

This may serve the government/corporations where other examples didn't, but it is still in essence terrorism. Just a shallower version of it. Nawmsayin'?

edit on 2-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Consider how efficient and expedient it would be if you could isolate people who are easily galivinzed? All you do, as a government, is create situations that put the people under increasing amounts of stress. Then you have folks like our FBI go around and figure out who is pissed off, and maybe just stupid enough to fall for some FBI scam.

Eventually, you will be able to cull the more assertive from the herd, leaving the docile and easily placated behind. And, at the very least, you are able to create new "buzzwords" that help keep the herd distracted on imaginary bogeymen. Some examples:

1. communists
2. terrorists
3. Nazi's (who were nasty, for sure, but also welcomed with open arms into the US by those who told us how evil they were).
4. aliens (?)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

While is is back from '93, it shows another instance where the FBI knew about something and instead of trying to stop it, let it happen.

This kid didn't have access to explosive materials, the FBI supplied it (even though it was fake).
This kid didn't have the know-how to create a bomb, the FBI did it for him.

The FBI stated: "the terror threat is very real" while at the same time pushed: "the public was never in any danger". Is that Orwellian enough for you?

So while this kid wrote some bad things, thought some bad things, it was the FBI who came in, took him under their wing and gave him everything he needed... and oh so much more we don't know about.

The FBI had COMPLETE CONTROL over this kid to the point that they felt comfortable waiting till after he tried to detonate the device - TWICE - to arrest him. You don't have that kind of obedience from an unpredictable psychopath looking to murder people.
edit on 12/2/10 by Angry Danish because: because:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Yes he didn't know. You people act like we live in 1959.
He may not have known, but we have the internet now. I could learn how to make one in 20 seconds (10 with google's new search).

He was himself, without the FBI telling him he should do it, looking for someone to help him with a bomb and a plot.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join