It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid: A Conundrum Made of Stone (Built by ET's?)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

who took 200 years to become advanced enough to do it? from what point to where? and how do you know the aliens didnt provide the direction and blue print and had humans do it? i mean they could have easily said this how your gonna do this and they done it!

THE FACT REMAINS WE DON'T KNOW!

the minute someone has something they can prove without a shadow of a doubt what happened they'll be famous until then i dont see you gettin the nobel prize jus yet!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Lets say you do 4 slabs in 1 hour. 4 X 24h X 365d X 20y = 700,000. More than enough time.

Also it would not take time to move the sleighs down very long at all. if you have a pully you're fine.

Also slaves and free laborers do work a lot faster than you think.

reply to post by metalholic

No, we do know. The Pyramid of Zoser was built 200 years before the pyramid of Gaza. First Pyramid to the greatest. Do try to research what you claim.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

They didn't have pulleys once again a theory with no evidence.

You changed your math from 2 an hour to 4 an hour and now you changed the amount of slabs that make up the pyramid to 700,000, I guess 20 years is enough time to build roughly a 1/5 of the pyramid with 4 slabs an hour, non stop 24/7 365 no time off, no accidents.
edit on 1-12-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

They had ships. they had sails too. these are simply pulleys. they also had several other evidences for these technology.

Also, in order to use the stars to make measurements by tracing them, you essentially have a horizontal pulley system to draw. Like a massive compass.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by 11118

Lets say you do 4 slabs in 1 hour. 4 X 24h X 365d X 20y = 700,000. More than enough time.

Also it would not take time to move the sleighs down very long at all. if you have a pully you're fine.

No, we do know. The Pyramid of Zoser was built 200 years before the pyramid of Gaza. First Pyramid to the greatest. Do try to research what you claim.

you never answered my questions! and i did prove something! you still havent won the nobel prize for discovering how the pyramids were built nor the guy you claim that did!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You would not win a prize. It was already known. And I think you'll find my math works out. if you don't believe it, not my fault you don't know multiplication.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

give me something that is not a theory! show me something all the top archeologists in the world have accepted as 100% truth!

b/c i have yet to see this! and i keep my eye on stuff all the time! like the eye in the sky!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Zoser's pyramid was built at least a century and a half before the Giza one and shows absolutely no way near the sophisticated form of the Giza pyramid. The Pharaoh Sneferu shows a clear missing link between the two, in between the time period of the two.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

so how was the largest pyramid in the world made? the one in south america! btw still not agreeing with you!

candaleavers made out of wood are not movin megalithic stones! or any of the suggested theory u presented! also ramps inside building it from the inside out doesnt work neither!

B/C THE INSIDE HAS CHAMBERS that theory only works if the inside is hollow! the building would be structurly unstable to build up from the inside out and then going back to do the inside! IMPOSSIBLE!
edit on 1-12-2010 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Sadly that isn't that "easy" as how you put it, we're not talking laying bricks we're talking laying large stones. The smallest was what I stated as a reference the ones at the bottom were much much larger. Again the math doesn't work out, not for a stone every 2 minutes, which would be the time table they'd need. Also your math is foulable because your basing it on a 24 hr. work day.

Also I do agree with you that metal is incapable of incoherent thought, just ignore. I'd like to keep our friendly debate going.
edit on 1-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

reply to post by 11118

You cant honestly suggest that slaves are responsible for this? Based on what is known about Egyptian history, there is little to no chance that slaves played a part. If this was a tomb, then it was too special a structure to trust to the hands of slaves

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by george_gaz

You do realize that the number of stars and probability the line up some how are very high? That's not even counting the fact that they look perfect enough to a human eye.

But it is a fact (to my knowledge) that the three pyramids are lined up to match Orion's Belt. One of the pyramids is offset slightly from the diagonal, just like Orion's Belt and that allegedly in around 10,500BC those three pyramids would have matched up with the belt.

Again to the best of my knowledge, the Sphinx (a lion), in 10,500BC would have faced the rising Leo in the sky.

And again, to the best of my knowledge, the Sphinx has water erosion on its back, water that would not have caused this post 10,500BC.

I am looking for more of a debunking than "did you know there are lots of stars?".

I am not saying aliens did it or trying to get your hackles up, I am asking what your thoughts are on this. It seems like too much of a coincidence to me as the pyramids and Sphinx were allegedly built around 2,500BC

Kind regards
edit on 1-12-2010 by george_gaz because: added last para

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Because there are also pyramids in the Mississippi River Valley, Asia, and pretty much anywhere there is a river and Egypt-like situation. It's called cultural parallels. It's also why Chinese, Indian, and Greek temples look similar. Similar climate and situation. Look beyond Pyramids. Humans are similar globally.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Let me say this one more time!

so how was the largest pyramid in the world made? the one in south america! btw still not agreeing with you!

candaleavers made out of wood are not movin megalithic stones! or any of the suggested theory u presented! also ramps inside building it from the inside out doesnt work neither!

b/c you seem to be short cutting things here!

maybe you dont understand what i'm asking/saying!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I simply have to point out the simple facts here. Everywhere Pyramids were built by stone, they had slaves and common laborers. No joke. Everywhere. Now you may think of just mexico and Egypt, but there are other civilizations. The one in the Mississippi River Valley, the ones elsewhere. Slavery was common. 24 hour work week is valid. For both laborer and slave

If they did do a brick every 2 minutes, and lets just assume we give them 8 whole minutes after that to get everything sorted, lets do the math. Every 10 minutes they get a stone up.

10 X 24 = 240 X 360 = 800,000+. That's plenty of time for just one year.
(just realized that one is wrong but bellow is right)
lets get one brick layed every hour.

1 X 24 x 360 x 10 = 800,000 plus. Still plenty of time. they had 20 years. And that's an estimate.

The simple fact is they were doing this for over 100 years. They streamlined the process. And after the Civil war, they did much more amazing things with temples and other forms.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

The Sphinx was carved. The rock can be as old as it needs to be. You can align any star to any date. The fact that it matches that date is chance. you could probably do it to many other stars too.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
DP

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Because there are also pyramids in the Mississippi River Valley, Asia, and pretty much anywhere there is a river and Egypt-like situation. It's called cultural parallels. It's also why Chinese, Indian, and Greek temples look similar. Similar climate and situation. Look beyond Pyramids. Humans are similar globally.

and this is proof i see no explanation for anything! you just stated what i pointed out b/c i brought up the one in south america!

also if th epyramid was made from the inside out how did they get them huge stones inside there? that make up the walls and chambers!

how could they see while writing the hieroglyphs AFTER the pyramid was built as its already been proven nothing but flashlights work deep in the pyramid!

do explain!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I'm not disagreeing that humans built this but I don't think it was done in this fashion the time table doesn't fit. Humans are capable of very remarkable things I just don't think a 24 hour time table would be an actual possibility. I know the argument could say that they worked around the clock but humans rarely did this even slaves.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

it wasn't. it was layed inside first. first the huge case stones, then the outside bricks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join