It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid: A Conundrum Made of Stone (Built by ET's?)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
god built the great pyramid as a testament to his great power for all his children to witness for all time. it was built in a blink of an eye.
it is the cornerstone of mankind
the divining rod to the center of his essence
edit on 2-12-2010 by aliengenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Another aspect of the coffer is that it is barely spacious enough to support an average sized man, let alone a man in a sarcophagus

So much for that theory?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

There were no pulley systems.

They must have at least put some of those heavy columns to use with the rope systems..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
tried to post this earlier and it never made it...
anyway, regarding the "8-sides", are the central lines not really just made by the steady feet of visitors over the years, there must ahve been several hundred thousand pairs of feet taking a more central line.
In much the same way that churches, barely 400 years old, show signs of similar wear and tear on the staris and entrances.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweety0003
i was wondering of the "144 coincedence" on the previous thread so i did a research of it. it came something related to crystal structure (granite and limestone are crystals), piezoelectric, ALCHEMY and law of harmony.

144 relation to alchemy

edit on 2-12-2010 by sweety0003 because: (no reason given)

my mind is telling me to research for death ray and particle beam
weirdo..
edit on 2-12-2010 by sweety0003 because: (no reason given)

Just an FYI.

Alchemy has it's absolute origins from Egypt

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangerhead
tried to post this earlier and it never made it...
anyway, regarding the "8-sides", are the central lines not really just made by the steady feet of visitors over the years, there must ahve been several hundred thousand pairs of feet taking a more central line.
In much the same way that churches, barely 400 years old, show signs of similar wear and tear on the staris and entrances.

The Pyramid is closed off to climbers.

The lines are in the exact middle of each of the 4 sides, the coincidences of such would be daunting were that the case.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecsb

Another aspect of the coffer is that it is barely spacious enough to support an average sized man, let alone a man in a sarcophagus

So much for that theory?

What I meant by the sentence is the fact that the coffer would be where the sarcophagus was sealed. The coffer is not quite big enough for a sarcophagus - it would have been much larger (and decorated) if the intentions of it were to be used for such.

Thank you for pointing that out though.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BigSkeptic

I gave his website and talked about this theory pages ago, along with another poster. Seems the most plausible explanation. Which according to Occam's Razor this should be the correct answer.

His name is jean-pierre houdin.
edit on 2-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
reply to post by 11118

There were no pulley systems.

They must have at least put some of those heavy columns to use with the rope systems..

The wheel was not used by the Egyptians, or heard of for that matter, until they came into contact with invaders that used chariots.

Certainly by the time of the New Kingdom, when some of the more poorly-constructed pyramids were built, mostly of mud brick, the Egyptians had wheeled vehicles. It is during this time that the chariots were in use. However, even then pulley's were not heard of for leverage.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Regarding the Pulley System:

"The logistics of construction at the Giza site are staggering when you think that the ancient Egyptians had no pulleys, no wheels, and no iron tools. Yet, the dimensions of the pyramid are extremely accurate and the site was leveled within a fraction of an inch over the entire 13.1-acre base. This is comparable to the accuracy possible with modern construction methods and laser leveling. That's astounding. With their `rudimentary tools,' the pyramid builders of ancient Egypt were about as accurate as we are today with 20th century technology."

The pulley system was not in use yet:

It is not recorded when or by whom the pulley was first developed. It is believed however that Archimedes developed the first documented block and tackle pulley system, as recorded by Plutarch. Plutarch reported that Archimedes moved an entire warship, laden with men, using compound pulleys and his own strength.

Archimedes of Syracuse (Greek: Ἀρχιμήδης; c. 287 BC – c. 212 BC)
The Great Pyramid concluded construction around 2560 BC

Again guys no pulleys were used in the construction of the pyramids... No wheels, or metal tools for that matter.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Also a site gorman stating why the wooden cradle method probably wasn't used: www.ling.upenn.edu...

"However, even though this method is feasible and workable, it is unlikely that the GP's builders used it. The segments used by Bush had holes drilled into them to accommodate ropes which held the segments onto the block, yet none of the ancient segments found have such holes in them."

"How these alternative proposals fail is most clearly seen by considering the extreme case. Neither theory accounts for the movement of the fifty-ton granite slabs used in constructing the internal chambers of the GP. Considering the immense size of these monoliths, the flexible pole method would be rendered even more awkward. Forward motion would be extremely tedious--assuming that these monoliths could even be lifted by this method. Bush's idea would also be problematic. The dimensions of these slabs are not uniform, so each slab would have needed specialized circle segments. The largest monolith is about 27' x 4' x 8' at its ends. Even if larger circle segments were used to create a pseudo-cylinder, the weight distribution would not be even around the central axis and the size of the entire ensemble would be quite large and unwieldy (Figure 2a). Ramps and causeways over 27 feet wide would have been necessary because the slabs would have moved perpendicular to them instead of parallel. In order to make these circle segments, the builders would have needed trees with diameters of at least three feet (perhaps up to five). How easily the Egyptians could have obtained such trees would have to be checked. Also, some of the slabs are rough-cut on their tops, which increases their height by one to two feet in their midsections (Figure 2b). This would cause the midsection to project beyond the cylinder created by the segment circles (Figure 2a, top). Consequently, the rolling of one of these blocks would be inordinately difficult and most likely unmanageable. The most plausible explanation is the sledge method. It would accommodate even these massive granite slabs, and it is most consistent with the archaeological record."

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Which is why Houdin's theory has giant gaps.

There were no cranes in Egypt during the supposed time of the Great Pyramids incredible construction, yet that is the glue that holds his theory together. Timber was extremely scarce.

I'll put up a detailed post when I get back.
edit on 2-12-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Agreed you should check out this site: www.ling.upenn.edu...

It's an extensive study on what possible techniques may have been used. I'm favoring the lever method at this point:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5b3b4a62888.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Also after a further look Houdin's theory doesn't involve pulleys, it involved the levers I talked about in my last post: The machine hypothesis:

"This theory is put forward by Herodotus: machines would have been used to raise the blocks from one course to the next. One theory also describes the use of levers and struts to raise each block some ten centimeters with each forward thrust. But how could stone blocks weighing 65 tons have been lifted this way? Could the workmen have acted as a counterweight to lift the blocks that would then be dragged into position? This would be a slow and dangerous procedure that would simply not work for such large blocks. In addition, these machines would need to be on a level support. The whole structure would have undergone a rough-cast finish after the work was done, but the time constraints would be too short for such a task. Perhaps machines were used, but they could not have been key to the construction method."

From his website: khufu.3ds.com...

Click the mystery of the great pyramid.

It states they may have been used but that the task still would've been rigorous, but check out the theory in images link and it'll show how all of these methods may have been used to complete the construction.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
11118, I thought you might find these two links interesting given the broader spectrum of your OP. The how isn't so much discussed, as the why. Although I suppose one could deduce one from the other to a limited degree. Given the Egyptians had at least some understanding of sound frequencies from what I've read in the past. These articles might just have some bearing on the discussion. Let me know what you think.

www.humanresonance.org...

viewzone2.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

OK...I'll ask someone directly:

===================
I'll say again:

If YOU personally have the knowledge to build the pyramids THIS day...where will you find 144,000 people sufficiently skilled to complete this task?

If you're an archetect and engineer right this moment and want to build a skyscraper, could you do so with dumb, uneducated slaves? You would trust them to follow your designs and measurements?
===================

Were all egyptians (or whoever responsible) supreme mathmeticians and engineers? What skill level did they all possess to comprehend the diagrams and wishes (which have never been found) of the genius who envisioned the pyramids?

I would compare this to me or you travelling back to 1500b.c. with a fully intact car assembly plant and expecting the peoples of that time to manage the factory.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I wouldn't say you'd need exactly that most educated people to do it, but like in jobs today the skilled people in change (like a foreman) to supervise everything of what was being built. Also I think we don't take into account the amount of pride these people had in building a structure for their king. The human workforce is capable of much more then we give it credit for, also the other idea that these weren't in fact slaves but payed citizens who were working on this structure. So yes I do believe it would be possible, how exactly they got it so precise is a feat that would seem to be unmatched but maybe they'll shed more light on this in coming years.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm still going with conservation of energy. Suppose we wrap multiple ropes around a 50 ton smooth granite pillar and roll it along a runway of 36,000 smooth limestone slabs. As several groups pull on multiple lines for several minutes the heavy roller starts rolling along at walking speed. Can anyone figure a way we could use this stored flywheel energy to lift a heavy block on the other side of the pyramid?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
why is it there are pyramids all over the world? even mountains are in pyramid shape. and everything i see has pyramid shaped??? what is the concept/theory itself?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
ask Edward Leedskalnin (who built and moved the coral castle all by himself) how the Egyptians built the pyramids, because apparently (& obviously) he knew how to do it; it has something to do with magnetism and 'singing to the rocks'; SOURCE
edit on 2-12-2010 by Xinthose because: grammar errors

~~ There is also the theory that the sphinx at least (or maybe the pyramids as well, I'm not sure), were inspired by Satan in order to make fun of God and to be a testament that would stand for thousands of years 'against' Him, I'm not sure. The sphinx I had heard was supposed to represent Jesus, and the sphinx looks like an animal or pet which would be implying that Jesus is like God's pet and thus making fun of Him, but God somehow threw Satan's plans off. Maybe Satan and the aliens are working together (it's a strong possibility I think), or maybe that 'had' worked together on the pyramids, who knows.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Xinthose because: I added the part after ~~

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join