It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid: A Conundrum Made of Stone (Built by ET's?)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I still think that if aliens built the pyramids, they would have done a much better job, starting with making the stones nice and consistent. If you look at the thing, the stones are all kinds of shapes and sizes, and seem to just be piled up haphazardly. If you did it right from the beginning, there wouldn't even be a need for facing stones to make it all nice and tidy.

If aliens built these pyramids, then they were the least competent aliens around.

It depends on the purpose I would assume. If you built a ball to harness energy(hypthetically speaking) and the ball did not hav to be perfectly round to achieve its task, would you bother making the ball perfectly round? Maybe if it were a competition to see who could make the roundest ball...but I doubt it was a competition.

You know what people's problems are...they talk too much and think too little. People think that the way they see the world is the only way to see the world and that Alien beings may think the way we, or YOU do! Guess what buddy, they may not. I can easily see an alien saying..."It does not have to be perfect son, it just has to work."

I can think of several other ways the stack rocks together to form a pyramid and I'm suprised they haven't been considered. The easiest way I can think of, is building the base, scaffolding will build you a lot of the actual base before you get very high. Those same scaffoldings were developed and built to stand taller and support more weight. Scaffoldings were built on all four sides of the pyramid. Using ropes & some sort of pulley, men would hoist the stones from one side to the opposite side(the side that they are on)...sort of like a big, human lever), & handlers in the centre would steady the rocks and seat them properly. While this was being done, other workers would be mounting the next rock to be hoisted. If this was done, working on 2 sides at a time, it seems very likely to be done. Can it be done in 2 minutes time? I don't know...I doubt it. But it is a better idea than all the current theories of ramps and pulling up pathways with ropes. It's easier to build the pyrmaid a whole, or half of a side at a time, on both sides, rather than trying to do it, block by block...with only 1 entrance for the stones. That's prepostuerous!

Now, in regards to the age of the pyramid, someone correct me or educate me on this matter, but how exactly do we know when the pyramid was mounted? You see, if there is no recorded history of it, what do we date it by? The mortar? It definitely can't be the age of the stones...those stones existed way before the pyramid existed I'm sure, so can someone guide me on this matter?

Now, if the age of the actual pyramid cannot be dated, only the stones itself can be dated, I'd say it's highly possible that the Egyptians met the pyramid there and used it as they saw fit and never truly understood the use of it. If a more advanced civilization(not necessarily aliens) built the pyramid, the Egyptians may have just...well...used it. Hell, they probably buried people there and really used it as tombs, but that doesn't mean the pyramid's purpose was for tombs. If something is found in Egypt, doesn't make it Egyptian. Think about that. I mean, there are theories questioning the origin of The Great Sphinx. In fact, some scientist believe, due to the Sphinx unproportionate head, that it was originally something else, probably an actual lion and the Egyptians met it there, liked it and reshaped the head in honor of a pharoah; the Sphinx's head is greatly smaller than the body, even without the erosion. Some people believe that unproportionate scale indicates that the original head was tampered with and chipped away.

I'm awaiting replies, thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The Great Ones erected the Pyramids of Egypt, and you wonder how they assembled these enormously heavy tonnage of geometric rocks on top and on each side of one other with such exacting precision. The Great Ones
had the technology to turn rocks into liquid like water this is why the adjoining seams between the rocks were and are today so exacting. Not only could they liquefy granite and marble using sub atomic light frequencies, beam me up Scottie, they could suspend the liquefied rock into different geometric designs by sound waves and join them together like jello molded side by side. Believe it or not Egypt wasn't the first place that this technology was used on this Earth. ^Y^

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
About the tomb aspect. The Egyptians , by all accounts, seemed to love a good ceremony. Part of their mindset was to be *seen* to be performing these ritual tasks. Burial was taken very seriously, I mean they mummified 1000s of domestic cats. As far as we can ascertain the Egyptians saw life as an annex to the eternal afterworld so preparations for it were both detailed and very public.

The Great Pyramid just doesn't have any of that vibe to it at all. The entrance to the main chamber is down a cramped corridor that actually becomes smaller the closer you come to the chamber. There is not a hope in hells chance you could carry a body into it without the whole ceremony looking like a total farce. In fact i would love to see a computer animation of them trying to carry a casket , ala Tutankhamen, down that passage and into the chamber to place in the sarcophagus I seriously doubt it would fit or you'd be able to actually position the people to lay it to rest without the whole operation turning into a bunch of people dragging, pushing and trying to squeeze it into place. You tell me does sound like the Egyptians and their treatment of the death of a high dignitary?

The best word i can think of to describe the interior of the the Great Pyramid is "perfunctory". That is, it has far more in common with the blandness of a modern factory facility than any sort of tomb.. If you want an analogy, the whole feeling is that, if it is a tomb it's like building a huge house but only leaving room to fit a pea inside it. The King's chamber doesn't feel to be built with any sense of space horizontally, whereas it's height seems almost disproportionate. To my mind my first thought was, there's not real logic to this. If the idea was to send some pharaoh into the next life in a well equipped manner befitting his position, the chamber would be stacked floor to ceiling and would be as cramped as it comes.

Let's talk turkey here. Pharaohs were, at times, buried with whole chariots, and even at times, small ships in their tombs. There isn't a chance you'd ever manage to cram any of those down the passage that leads to the main chamber. My own impressions were that, the great pyramid's real use is to this day still an unknown.However, I strongly doubt it was ever built as a tomb. It is a real conundrum, I mean, till you have stood next to it, no photo or film can prepare you for just how damn big those individual blocks of stone are Of all the worlds sights I've seen made by man, it is the one i can truly say. You really do feel totally insignificant standing next to it.

It's then you tend to ponder on this. It's like building the biggest sports stadium in the world, giving it one tiny entrance, having only room for a snooker table inside it and seating for 20 people.
edit on 1-12-2010 by FireMoon because: spelling

edit on 1-12-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
i watched this the other day.. internal ramp.. never thought of it before.. i think he might be on to something..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
First off, Star and Flag. Great thread; very informative and concise

My two cents are that Giza was built by advanced technologies, and that it had a purpose beyond commonly accepted belief. ETs are a good bet, but what if ancient man were far more knowledgeable than we give them credit for? We have been here for about 100K yrs right? look what we've accomplished technologically in 100 years. even 50 years. Maybe our ancestors were indeed flying around ( check out sanskrit records of ancient flying machines called Vimana), using tech that would leave us slack-jawed with a thumb up our @sses. Just throwing that out there.
What I am fairly certain of is that Giza had a purpose beyond storing dead people, no matter how rich or 'divine'. I am also fairly certain that the reasoning for its location and measurements is simple, Its a STATEMENT.
There is no way that Giza's location and measurements are coincidental. Whoever built this bad boy wanted to display their grandeur, their omnipotence for everyone in both the present and future.
My first instinct as to what the architect is stating was"This place/planet is mine".

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I'm not an expert in Egyptology, I'm just an amateur archaeology enthusiast. It's my understanding that people have been coming up with different theories as to how they were built for quite a while. I don't know that anyone has given an explanation yet that has been considered "true." Therefore, I entertain various theories that appeal to me. The fact that there is so much "space" unaccounted for in the Great Pyramid seems suspect. Also, what if information about the pyramids is being suppressed by the government? Until everyone agrees on a final model of construction, I'm not going throw my weight behind any specific theory. But then again, I believe in Atlantis. So what does it matter what I think?

edit on 2-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: extra letter

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I read somewhere(G. Hancock??) that the Great Giza Pyramid is actually built on a small hill, not a flat surface....making its construction all the more amazing, when you consider that a few hundred metres away, it is very flat..

Adding credence to the fact that it had to be built in that exact spot...regardless of how difficult.

Also, Graham Hancock stated in his bestseller "Fingerprints of the Gods" that the Great Pyramid is actually a scale model of Earth(or half to be precise..the N. hemisphere).
The equator is the base of the pyramid, the apex is the North Pole..apparently the scale of the triangle, and the angles involved, perfectly replicate Earth...

Nice thread mate...thank you. for your time and effort, it was a great read!!

As an aside...it really tickles me that a few on this thread speak with such authority with something that we actually know nothing about!!

and if I may quickly.....I want whatever perseus is on!!

He looks like he's havin' a great time!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I think i'll go with Ra building the pyramid with thought. Ed style or whatever..
What intrigued me was the limestone and granite used. I kinda link this and Wilchelm Reich's research on orgone energy, in which he used wood and metal boxes to gather the energy. Sooo, given the size of the pyramid one could go inside, spend a night in the King's chamber and literally go out of this world because of the sheer intensity of the energy inside, being gathered by the limestone and reflected by the granite.
Also, i heard somewhere that Napoleon spent a night in the king's chamber, only to be terrified to death by the experience.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by george_gaz

The Sphinx was carved. The rock can be as old as it needs to be. You can align any star to any date. The fact that it matches that date is chance. you could probably do it to many other stars too.

Thank you for partially clarifying your stance on this.

I have to disagree though. If I get some time I will look up the erosion because I think that it was evident that it occurred after carving.

As for the lining up of stars etc. I see what you are saying but I am of that opinion that due to the other alignments of the pyramid that this is not coincidence.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Thank you very much for posting this thread, the info here is very interesting to me particularly the stuff about the kings chamber S+F

the following may be of interest to you...

A432 was often used by Classical composers and results in a tuning of the whole number frequencies that are connected to numbers used in the construction of a variety of ancient works and Sacred sites, such as the Great Pyramid of Egypt.
The archaic Egyptian instruments that have been unearthed, so far, are largely tuned to 432 hz.
In ancient Greece (the school book original place for music) their instruments were predominantly tuned at 432 hz. Within the archaic Greek Eleusenian Mysteries, Orpheus is the god of music, death and rebirth, and was the keeper of the Ambrosia and the music of transformation (his instruments were tuned at 432 hz).
-www.carnaval.com...

"An engineer named Tom Danley who has an interest in sonic phenomena made some intriguing discoveries relating to the great pyramid, especially the Kings Chamber. He measured its dimensions and those of five rooms, (the so called relieving chambers) located above the Kings Chamber. He then installed powerful amplifiers and speakers inside the Kings Chamber, created sounds and measured the resulting standing frequencies generated within the five chambers. The frequency measured within the rooms was 16Hz, which is below the range of human hearing; from this he created a fascinating theory. This was: the dimensions of the pyramid, plus the materials from which it is made, combined with the empty sarcophagus within the kings chamber were designed for one specific purpose. This was to amplify whatever sounds were made within the Kings Chamber....Tom detected a distinct pattern to the frequencies; this pattern was identical to the tonal structure of the F-sharp chord. The ancient Egyptians in their texts tell us that they believed F-sharp to be the harmonic frequency of our planet."

Let's face it, the many awesome stone structures of the ancients were not done by fulcrums, pulleys, slopes and manpower. It just wasn't possible !! And besides they could have never have placed them so precisely within fractions of an inch, as can be seen in their stonework. They have to have employed an unknown force, that we at present know little about .... and sonic stone leviation seems the most plausable. For even in the recent past, some people have seen the Tibetian Monks leviate huge stones by concentrating sound at the center of their semicircular trumpets and drums, so as to levitate them into place at a much higher eleveation. -www.crystalinks.com...

And so considering this possibility, the same could have been done at Giza, as the whole Temple structure could have been built by sonic stone leviatation, and even built as a leviatation system for the souls of the Pharoah, as it was much more than a mere tomb.
-members.aol.com/_ht_a/MetPhys/124quartzcheops.html

There appears to be much evidence as to the musically tuned properties of the ancient edifices and buildings. The Kings Chamber in the great pyramid resonates very strongly to an F# chord, and the Kings Chamber coffer resonates to A, which is the Minor third of F# -www.rocknroll.force9.co.uk...

-www.geocities.com...

further study about - 432hz & 440hz

I don't necessarily agree with the theories I just quoted but I do find the whole thing fascinating.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M
edit on 2/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by midicon

Maybe this helps.

For the two people that both posted this same thing on this page, please skim through the thread to see that this has already been posted one or two times and comments have been made about it.

His book The Secrets of the Great Pyramid is actually one of my sources. I have already commented on the fact that his theory is not an incontrovertible fact and does not "solve" the paradox but, instead, implies a different theory.
edit on 1-12-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

His book is listed in your sources, but not his name, though you do mention him in your post. The real purpose of my post was to point out the comprehensive 3D illustration of his theory, not mentioned previously in this thread. The best description and theory I have ever seen.
edit on 2-12-2010 by BigSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'll say again:

If YOU personally have the knowledge to build the pyramids THIS day...where will you find 144,000 people sufficiently skilled to complete this task?

If you're an archetect and engineer right this moment and want to build a skyscraper, could you do so with dumb, uneducated slaves? You would trust them to follow your designs and measurements?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

What ramp theory do you propose.

Obviously the first few levels of the pyramid would be built relatively quickly since there was no stone lifting limitation. Since the pyramid was built on an existing small hill, that reduces the number of stones needed. They would have had longer to finish the upper levels of the pyramid. The shallowest rising angle on the pyramid that would minimize the distance the stones would have to be moved from a ramp is up the 4 spines on the corners. It would be worth the effort to carve some wedge shaped stones and create 4 rolling ramps. The ease in which the 20 ton door swivels along with the ball and socket system at the corners of the pyramid are a not too subtle clue. There could have been a 100 ton corner stone at each corner with a pulley built into it.

As to the question of how to motivate the masses.

Part of their mindset was to be *seen* to be performing these ritual tasks.

Even today "everyone wants to be a rock star" or "holier than thou", or whatever the popular ego carrot dictates.
Motivating the entire Egyptian society to devote all their energy into such a project is an amazing task in its own right. I imagine the workers actually felt that their efforts were as important as rolling the sun,moon and stars into their positions in the sky.

I would be open to the possibility of the Great pyramid being built over several generations, unless someone can prove with carbon dating that the lower levels were placed within the shorter period of time. Is it possible that the "hill" underneath was a mound created by an even earlier civilization?

edit on 2-12-2010 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

There is no conclusive evidence found of any pulleys or pulley system in ancient Egypt during the 4th dynasty.

The first few levels of the pyramid would still need a ramp, and each new level the ramp would have to be made wider and higher to accommodate the height.
edit on 2-12-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BigSkeptic

This video has been mentioned/linked 3 or 4 times.

There are still large gaps in his theory, and I do not believe the theory is stable enough to solve the paradox of the Pyramid.

For example, the usage of cranes to move the stones around the corner is based - entirely - off of baseless and proof-less claims considering the Egyptians did not have "cranes" or pulleys in the 4th dynasty.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

There is no conclusive evidence found of any pulleys or pulley system in ancient Egypt during the 4th dynasty.

Without a pulley they might have used a very slow counter weight technique near the top with the pull ropes crossed over the top. Too much angle on the pull ropes otherwise. Loading a counter weight sledge by hand would take some time. The workers could roll 50 pound stones up the ramp to be loaded on the sledge at a rate of several tons a minute then man the ropes to pull the residual weight on the way back down I suppose.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

There were no pulley systems.

Also even with pulleys there are the 23 foot 70 ton granite beams that dwarf even the largest of the limestone blocks which make of the majority up the pyramid.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I really reccomend reading THE GIZA POWER PLANT by Christopher Dunn.

his website

He's an engineer with 40 years experience and has researched this pyramid for many years.

THE COSMIC WAR by physicist Jospeh P Farell is also worth reading if you want to really open your mind as to what the pyramid might have been built for.

Dunn makes such an excellent sholarly case for his hypothesis for the pyramid being a power plant that after reading his book you can't really refute anything in it as it is 99% factual analysis . Farell views the pyramid as being part of a massive military complex which utlilized scalar weaponry that had the capability to blow up an entire planet. His works are heavy on physics to back up his theory and he also draws on many ancient writings to pad out his ideas.

Dunn points out that the power within the pyramid machine could have been used for more nefarious purposes as well, so the two authors mutually compliment one anothers research and are a MUST read

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i was wondering of the "144 coincedence" on the previous thread so i did a research of it. it came something related to crystal structure (granite and limestone are crystals), piezoelectric, ALCHEMY and law of harmony.

144 relation to alchemy

edit on 2-12-2010 by sweety0003 because: (no reason given)

my mind is telling me to research for death ray and particle beam
weirdo..
edit on 2-12-2010 by sweety0003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Maybe its a function of its height and geometry. Its a well known fact that modern radio towers produce much more energy than what is required to power them initially.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join