It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid: A Conundrum Made of Stone (Built by ET's?)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by 11118

The centers of the four sides are indented with an extraordinary degree of precision forming the only 8 sided pyramid. The effect is not visible from the ground or from a distance but only from the air, and then only under the proper lighting conditions.

(Quote taken from: www.crystalinks.com...)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3eab5258c62.jpg[/atsimg]

Which raises another question, why go through the trouble of making eight faces?
I wouldn't call it an 8 sided pyramid, just a 4 sided pyramid with indentations. That's an interesting photo.

I figured it out, it's a giant fortune cookie. We just need the nephilim to activate it...

All joking aside, great thread! Definetly raises some questions that would lead to some interesting answers... Probably followed by more questions.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Exodus2pt0

Then it's a cycle, and the worst kind of logic is Noncommutative Logic, which basically gets humans nowhere fast in their mental endeavors. When I run across a topic with Noncommutative logic, I usually avoid it because, as the circle goes around and around, people engaged in the discussion get more and more heated, which leads to fights, which leads to people acting like fools. Now, it does have it's uses, and Noncommutative logic can be used to start deeper conversations ( or bring simpler folk around ) but when we are dealing with something as ground breaking as aliens building the pyramids, we should stay away from anything that leads the believers into a position where their emotions could take over much too easily.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
just a thought, why not reverse the equation of gravity and all related equation. that might solve the issue of lifting/moving the large stone, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I think that the ascending spiral hallway theory is true. I remember seeing something about that theory a few years back and it convinced me. Afterward I found some esoteric books, one of which was written about a man supposedly living inside the top of a pyramid who was immortal, getting all he needed by summoning ghosts who would bring him food. There are some crazy ideas out there, but I think we are not being told the whole story. There are hundreds of pyramids. Many aren't even excavated. The most interesting stuff lies in the jungles of Mexico I'm sure, or buried somewhere in the Amazon.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You pinch.
I blush?

A Royal Flush is in the hush.
A loyal hush is all the flush?
Swirl at will.

Rush at will as a Rolling Stone.
May it rest at a Golden Phi.

edit on 48pm52033112331201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I suppose "The Dude" would say; "Nice thread dude."
And carry on.....carrying on.....

edit on 48pm58034412331201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Yea, you missed the point. You went on a techno mumbo jumbo, when they had a material to hammer at the stone, which is stone to break through it. To put it to a saying, if you find a million spears, it's clear they didn't use guns.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Did anyone stop to think that the pyramid is a natural geological formation? That Mother Nature is smarter and more clever than we give her credit for?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

No, I studied geology and things like this just do not occur naturally. It is very difficult to find a straight line or a perfect circle in any formation. I don't thing aliens had a hand in the building of this pyramid. There were too many human mistakes made in it's design and construction. I wish they would put the white limestone facing back on. It would again become one of the world's most elegant structures. I guess the facing was taken by locals for other projects because it would not have eroded so much.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

"Sticks and Stones may.....nay words may never help the.
I prefer to stick to visions, then words syntaxed with the hope they may fall in the right place.....from the heart.
Do you understand the 'information space' Pete Peterson spoke of?

He had a clever way of 'putting' it.
The proof is in my pudding.
The rest is open to interpretation.
Perspective is what it Is.
You know.
edit on 48pm06035512331201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

First off, like I've said before there was not any cranes in Egypt at that time period besides the birds we call cranes today. Timber was lavishly expensive in Egypt as it was imported, used primarily for the Egyptian boats.

It was in hollow corner sections such as this, he claims, that the pyramid builders spun the blocks 90° – for the ascent of the next side – using a crane.

Secondly, although it is one of the better explanations - this theory will probably stay just that, a theory.

There are voices that express doubt about Houdin’s theories – speaking to The Engineer in 2007, University College London Egyptology professor David Jeffreys called his internal spiral hypothesis “far-fetched and horribly complicated”, while Oxford University Egyptology professor John Baines stated more broadly that he was “suspicious of any theory that seeks to explain only how the Great Pyramid was built.”

Zahi Hawass, Secretary General of the SCA, revealed in an interview with Heritage Key that he was also sceptical. “The theory is completely wrong,” he commented. “We did investigate the theory and we, I wrote about it everywhere. The theory is the theory of other theorists. This Houdin wants to make his theory famous and that’s why he took Bob Brier to be with him as a co-author but really Bob Brier doesn’t know anything about pyramids. He’s a good guy, he knows about mummies, but pyramids are not his field.”

The theory does not account for the indentions, in fact Houdin does not even bring them up. The theory also includes a very large straight-on ramp for the first part of the Pyramid, which is the vast majority of the pyramid. Which would mean the ramp had to be constantly upgraded until the innards of the Pyramid were mostly complete.
edit on 1-12-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i think that pyramids are very old (more then 12000years) before the cataclysm

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
My thought on the Great Wall and Pyramid:

Just because white people can't fathom the amount of labor required, it doesn't mean brown people can' do it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by fredcall

No, I studied geology and things like this just do not occur naturally. It is very difficult to find a straight line or a perfect circle in any formation. I don't thing aliens had a hand in the building of this pyramid. There were too many human mistakes made in it's design and construction. I wish they would put the white limestone facing back on. It would again become one of the world's most elegant structures. I guess the facing was taken by locals for other projects because it would not have eroded so much.

We could as easily get into a discussion about who or what is God as we could about who and what Mother Nature...or, as you call her: geology......is capable of accomplishing.

You attribute 'pyramid mistakes' to human error. Well, differentiate how humans determine human error from God error. It's all based on human perception. Which is basically falible...except in instances of Papal edicts.

Humans see something they can't explain, it's an easy out to say that some human somewhere made a mistake. That does not take into account that any human mistake can be linked back to God, Mother Nature or even geology.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
As I recall Pharaonic history, the original limestone facing was taken to build something else by some Pharaoh or the other. Albeit, this does not detour from the possibility that the original limestone facing was a natural geological formation perpetrated by Mother Nature before she tired of the process.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The outer mantle was composed of 144,000 casing stones, all highly polished and flat to an accuracy of 1/100th of an inch, about 100 inches thick and weighing about 15 tons each.

Now this may just be a coincidence since i am not sure how these two things tie together but nevertheless 144 000 casing stones and the 144 000 people that are suppose to be saved according to the bible?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

All over the freiking place!!

There are pics of Aliens in every Egyptian edifice dude!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterconnecteD

The outer mantle was composed of 144,000 casing stones, all highly polished and flat to an accuracy of 1/100th of an inch, about 100 inches thick and weighing about 15 tons each.

Now this may just be a coincidence since i am not sure how these two things tie together but nevertheless 144 000 casing stones and the 144 000 people that are suppose to be saved according to the bible?

you're scaring me

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Good Reading.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterconnecteD

Maybe that means in the end times, only the Great Pyramid would be spared the wrath of "God/the Gods" (subjective)...

I noticed that as well and found it to be too coincidental. Star for saying something.

~Namaste

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join