It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomsky: WikiLeaks Cables Reveal "Profound Hatred for Democracy on the Part of Our Political L

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Noam Chomsky: WikiLeaks Cables Reveal "Profound Hatred for Democracy on the Part of Our Political Leadership"

www.alternet.org

Commenting on the revelations that several Arab leaders are urging the United States to attack Iran, Chomsky says, "latest polls show] Arab opinion holds that the major threat in the region is Israel, that’s 80 percent; the second threat is the United States, that’s 77 percent. Iran is listed as a threat by 10 percent," Chomsky says. "This may not be reported in the newspapers, but it’s certainly familiar to the Israeli and U.S. governments and the ambassadors. What this reveals is the profound
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Everyone Please Watch All Videos, It's Very Informative!!!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Very interesting interview with Chomsky
It's so interesting one comment that he made

He said one of the reasons for govt. secrecy is not for national security but to protect govt. from it's own people!
WOW!!!!!

I mean how true is that?
Such a simple statement yet much better said than I would think of saying it.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-11-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks for posting the video's with Noam Chomsky, interesting and well informed man, have been following his work for years. Had no idea he was involved in the Ellsworth Papers.

I am staying tuned for more.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yes, 'national security' is about protecting themselves from the people, because of THEIR OWN CRIMES AGAINST THE PEOPLE.

"If the people knew what we had done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us." ~ George H.W. Bush to journalist Sarah McClendon.

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." — Henry Ford

"By this means government may secretly and unobserved, confiscate the wealth of the people,
and not one man in a million will detect the theft." — John Maynard Keynes (the father of 'Keynesian Economics' which our nation now endures) in his book "THE ECONOMIC CONSEQUENCES
OF THE PEACE" (1920).

by the central power of leading financiers. People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. This is well known among our principal men now engaged in forming an imperialism of capitalism to govern the world. By dividing the people we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us except as teachers of the common herd."--
Taken from the Civil Servants' Year Book, "The Organizer" January 1934

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Oh definitely it is to protect the govt from the people. Which kinda proves the government has taken the power away from the people and is doing it's best imitation of a government by the people.

If there was a way to get the information into the heads of all americans and make them understand what is going on with our rights being taken (privacy and most recently the right to be self sufficient forcing produce growers into consumerism), our world being destroyed by corporations, our health being destroyed by companies like monsanto, and just over all corruption there would honest to god be a revolution.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hey Guys I just updated the OP with the 4th part!

Sorry about that, took me a while to find it for whatever reason

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
From reading so many of the posts in response to the Wikileaks releases, it seems to me that the catchword 'national security' works like a charm on the majority of US citizens, more even than 'terrorist'.

I am amazed and shocked to see how many people, even here on ATS have totally swallowed this line from the Government in relation to these leaks.....and how the main focus is so often on this national security issue, rather than really looking at the information which has been released.

I've hardly heard anyone even suggest that the US Government's practices themselves are what is dangerous.

I'm shocked, and disappointed.

Gullible just isn't the word. It's frightening.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 30-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks for posting these videos! S&F

I'll come back later to watch them!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have always been a big fan of Chomsky, along with his incredible understanding of modern politics and history, he always seems to keep some rational to his arguments, not going too far down the rabbit hole as it were. For example I think he made some great points about the theory that 911 was an inside job, implying that the risk of getting caught makes it very unlikely that the US government was involved directly.

With that said he made a very good observation I had not considered in all the recent threads that wiki leaks is in fact disinformation. I am still on the fence to whether the latest leaks are real info or planted leaks to manipulate the public debate on world issues. I do find it interesting that most of the leaks so far have really been reenforcing the common narrative of the US and Israel trying to promote democracy and peace while working to keep Iran form nuclear capabilities.

It leads to 2 possibilities, either the leaks are legit and the common story of events we are given in the main stream media is true, or wiki leaks is feeding disinformation and the propaganda is becoming even more complicated.

Chomsky makes another point I had not thought of. That the disinformation starts at the source. That these leaks are legit and real, it's just that the assets that produce them for Clinton and other officials don't even bother giving a full spectrum of information. They publish the party line as it were maintaining the narrative that most reinforces US policy. It's not just that the powers the be lie to the public, they lie to themselves. They turn a blind eye to what is truly going on and tell themselves what they want to hear. It's not a conspiracy, it's denial and short sightedness that holds the world back.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I dunno... I my experience, at a certain point past experts, so deluded that the world continues to work the way it did in their day, completely miss the nuance of today's world...

The only person i cannot say that for was Jung...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theorytripper
I have always been a big fan of Chomsky, along with his incredible understanding of modern politics and history, he always seems to keep some rational to his arguments, not going too far down the rabbit hole as it were.

This here is a very good point
I guess we could all learn from Chomsky

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing these video's on ATS Modern. I wanted to create the thread about this but I did not had access to these videos only article. S&F.

top topics

join