It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do we do when all "conspiracy" things are shut down?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure if post's like this are already out there but with all that is going on, I am start this thread.

So what do we do when all the news, websites (including this one) and all things conspiracy are completely shut down.

This may or may not happen, but what if it does?

This will silence any opposition people may have to the government and literally keep peoples eyes shut. If we were to just go out and tell people about it, chances are we would be labeled "crazy" and thrown in jail or a camp or worse.

What would you do?

What can we do?
edit on 30-11-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
When this happens, free speech is gone, and a lack of conspiracy websites will be the least of our problems.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

I talk openly about what happened to me, and people know it is true that i have contact with.

I doubt they will shut down places like ats as they need us to stay somewhere, and why shut down a major hub like ats?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This site and others like it provide an outlet for the people who can see something is really wrong so that they may vent their frustrations. Once that ability is gone, I'm guessing many of us would go postal. So, bring it on! Try to shut down the Internet. It will be your own demise.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
When this happens, free speech is gone, and a lack of conspiracy websites will be the least of our problems.

Very true!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
...wrong thread please delete
edit on 11/30/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Correct - communication is very important! Get a radio. Get involved in your community. The community center, the church, meet-up groups, etc. A lot of the communication that helped in the Soviet collapse took place via fax machine!

I have a world band radio, a short wave, scanner, and looking for a ham outfit but am not quite sure how to organize that. Maybe CB is good.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Umm --- Class action suit. It's a complete stomping of our 1st amendment rights. Maybe something like that is what is needed to put the DHS effectively out of business. The entire department is in its own right a violation of the 3rd amendment namely because of the TSA. Ever notice the similarities between the DHS and the SS.

Kind of makes you think about where this country is heading.

Also start online collaboration communities. There is plenty of software out there and the software would reside on your personal computer and have no www so to say. There are always ways to communicate. In my town they will see plenty of dissenting flyers popping up and I certainly will find those communities if not start one.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Stryker Ops because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The internet will not be "shut down". For one thing, they need us to prove out the psych experiments they are doing on us through mind games and they gauge their effectiveness by our reactions.

There have always been "sweepers" who erase information behind you. That's one of the ways they keep control of info that they do not want known.

If money can be made on it, through patrons and servers, they are not going to chop off the hand that feeds them.

link   
I would agree sites like this are a way to coral and are an outlet for us, but sites like this are also helping to open peoples eyes.

Eventually having to many people's eyes open will cause an uprising against the corruption. (i am not suggesting this)

They wouldn't want that.

link   
reply to post by unityemissions

ATS is a rat cage. It's an entertainment complex for people who probably test as INTJ or similar personality type. I mean, heavens forbid critical thinkers go out and do critical actions. Heavens forbid they start forming think tanks and serious discussion which could lead to serious movements and change the world. Gotta contain that kinda thing, and so, I like to think ATS knips it in the bud

link   
One word -

Revolt.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I don't think they could legally shut down this, or other conspiracy sites.
Freedom of speech.

edit on 30-11-2010 by nicolee123nd because: o;dnop8y

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryker Ops
Umm --- Class action suit. It's a complete stomping of our 1st amendment rights. Maybe something like that is what is needed to put the DHS effectively out of business. The entire department is in its own right a violation of the 3rd amendment namely because of the TSA. Ever notice the similarities between the DHS and the SS.

Kind of makes you think about where this country is heading.

Also start online collaboration communities. There is plenty of software out there and the software would reside on your personal computer and have no www so to say. There are always ways to communicate. In my town they will see plenty of dissenting flyers popping up and I certainly will find those communities if not start one.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Stryker Ops because: (no reason given)

Now how often does our government really care about our rights?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The easy solution would be to invade a goverment forum, maybe a police forum. And just ram it full to the brim of conspiracy theories and take over. Keep doing that until they've either shut down every forum on the internet (not going to happen) or give up. (probably also not going to happen, but it'd be amusing for a while)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

"fringe" sites like this won't even appear on the PTB's radar until the fringe becomes mainstream

much the citizenry considers this to be a waste of time - which is just as the PTB would want it

if they actively went after sites like ATS, they would confirm the content of the site and the "fringe" might gain momentum...

better to leave it alone, let ATS and its adherents remain in the shadows

i have a related question, however... since internet freedom/net neutrality is clearly of great importance to a community such as this, why has there been no outcry on the future merger of Comcast and NBC?

this union reminds me of the CitiGroup/Travelers deal in the late nineties - the one that established precedence to repeal (or "modernize") the Glass-Steagal Act, opening the door to all the financial shenanigans of the last decade

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
I'm not sure if post's like this are already out there but with all that is going on, I am start this thread.

So what do we do when all the news, websites (including this one) and all things conspiracy are completely shut down.

This may or may not happen, but what if it does?

This will silence any opposition people may have to the government and literally keep peoples eyes shut. If we were to just go out and tell people about it, chances are we would be labeled "crazy" and thrown in jail or a camp or worse.

What would you do?

What can we do?
edit on 30-11-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

I dont believe this will ever happen because what would they gain from doing this...besides proving us right.

Same reason ppl like Alex Jones and the guys who made loose change and stuff like that are still alive... if they some how "disappeared" or died in some way or another... it would be quite obvious that they either knew something that shouldnt be told or what they were telling was true.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicolee123nd

I don't think they could legally shut down this, or other conspiracy sites.
Freedom of speech.

edit on 30-11-2010 by nicolee123nd because: o;dnop8y

Within the obama administration, Cass sunstein has already started talking about it. They have, in several respects, acted on it.

www.salon.com...

its eventually gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I mean you no disrespect but the idea you put forward is ignorant.

How did people know the British were coming in 1812 and how did they prepare beforehand without the Internet?

What about the Civil War?

Without realizing it you may have solved the reason for the latest government leaks.

Word of mouth has been the most secure mode of communication since time began. It still is as long as you speak with a person of trust.

edit on 30-11-2010 by dizziedame because: to add info

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

Surprisingly, there's a ton of XNFX's around here! I'm an INTP. I probably get along best with INTJ's, but they can rub me the wrong way every once in a while. We both tend to view each other as incompetent towards certain things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join