It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RBS Changes to Terms and Conditions for Personal and Private Banking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

General Condition 3.1.2 Section A: Conditions of General Application

This has been amended so that you may give us instructions to debit your account by using a contactless card.

A contactless smart card is any pocket-sized card with embedded integrated circuits that can process and store data, and communicate with a terminal via radio waves. There are two broad categories of contactless smart cards. Memory cards contain non-volatile memory storage components, and perhaps some specific security logic. Contactless smart cards do not contain an ordinary read-only RFID, but they do contain a re-writable smart card microchip that can be transcribed via radio waves.
wikipedia.Contactless_smart_card

This sounds a lot like a next step towards a cashless society? What are your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yep - handy for the boys at rbs to pay for their lapdances whilst keeping their hands in their pockets.

A shower - the whole lot of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i can see a cashless society on its way most defenitly.

but the bigger concern is what the banks do with the info these cards could provide them with.
i mean if you own a contactless card and you are continuly passing these pick up terminals the bank can then see at any time where you are and what youre up to.
the government failed to bring in i.d. cards but how far from this is this technology are these cards they have memory capabilitys they could easly store info about you e.g. d.n.a. ect and transfer this info to anyone intrested at any given time youre near a pick up terminal.
food for thought .

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blacklist

.... and have the ability to switch off your card, once we have become dependent on this method of payment!

top topics

join