It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the value of a crashed ufo for sale be?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Lets say for conversation sake an alien craft crashed in a farmers field.He then put the crashed disc up for sale on the internet.He had supporting pictures and video to show his merchandise.What kind of money would this bring?My thinking is that he would have offers in the billions.I have to believe that the craft individually would be the highest priced item ever sold in the world.It would be interesting to see who the bidders were also.If you talk about serious collectors,this would have to be the top of the line.I am sure the major car companies and airline companies would be major players in a bidding war.I dont know if the sale could be completed before the craft was taken away and stored at a military facility.I make this thread based on the fact it is a mathematical probability of happening very soon.There were approximately 50 or so crashes reported with dead aliens involved from the year 1900 until 2000.All were covered up.During those years,for the most part,we had little technology.With the advent of new technology,we can document and store these crashed craft for sale.If the same amount of crashes occur in this century,i have to believe that there is a 100 percent chance that an alien craft will soon find itself to the marketplace for sale to the highest bidder.

CX

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
At a guess, i'd say the price would be his life.

CX.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Assigning value to something assumes there is a market for it. The market is established by people bidding on the object. If you can't start up the market, there is no value. I think it is safe to assume that the military would quickly confiscate such an object. If you wound up with a reward for your cooperation, you would be quite lucky because there's no really good reason to keep you alive and lots of good reasons to make you disappear. I know it's "not fair," but that's just the way it is.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

agreed, this would be on the auction for a day, if that before it was yanked along with all traces ofd the ship, occupants, debris and person selling it...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm, high milage, rear end damage, no service history.

Quite economical and roomy inside though......give you 50 bucks if you thow in the air freshner.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

there would never be a financial trasaction, goverment would take it away. best bet would be to sell it for a lot less than the worth and be done with it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh, it is an alien craft you are asking about. You said UFO in the thread title. They are not the same thing. I have crashed UFOs all over my yard. They will be identified as leaves from my trees once I inspect them.
A crashed alien craft would bring several billion dollars.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The thing to do in a situation like this is find a buyer covertly...

Don't advertise at all... research certain wealthy people to find one most likely to be interested in it and then contact them using some anonymous way...

You could offer a sample of the remains of the craft so they could have it tested for authenticity..

If you were careful, the military would never get close to you...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's unlawful to possess, use, modify, or sell. Actually, it's even unlawful for you to inspect it.

The farmer's best bet would be to stay away, call the appropriate authorities (not the local LEOs) and avoid the mistake of a lifetime. If you went inside it, you'd be keeping the world safe for democracy from a little cell at Dugway for the rest of your life.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't recognize the authority of anyone to declare the crashed saucer that i have, Illegal

They don't even offer a reward, just instant federal prison, they throw me under the bridge, then Ill just contact the Chinese ambassador and see what they will pay for it... Or Japan

Lots of very rich Japanese folks who would die to have crashed disk material..
edit on 30-11-2010 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Your life.

I would suggest not trying to claim ownership of a downed UFO of any kind.

You'll dissapear faster than a pizza at a weight watchers convention.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah , but it's fun to play around

Actually, a very thoughtful and smart person could keep it very quiet, assuming no one else witnessed the crash, ie; out in some country farmland..

In all honesty, I would not want to touch it, or go inside for fear of biological agents, like what happened to the Mexican military that time near the texas border...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
im sure the smart think would be to contact the aurthorites
imagine if by playing around with it you contaminated yourself or others
with some form of radiation ect

think about it like this

a big white tanker truck with no labels crashes through your fence
do you open it to "see" whats inside?

or do you ring hazmat?

lol
xp

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It would be priceless.
For who ever has their mitts on alien technology has the world in his hands. So I'm assuming at the moment its in safe hands due to the fact that nobody is holding the world to ransom with it.
Or are they?
I believe that there is a race between a few parties after the locations, unfortunately all for the wrong reasons.
This technology in the wrong hands? I dread to think.

So like I said Priceless.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I would offer a lifetimes supply of Maccy D's or other prefered 5 star nosh up joint of choosing, but its as someone said, one landed on yer lawn, you should be as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I think you are right it would be priceless, or would it? Imagine if it was a less developed country that had the ufo. They may not have the caliber of scientists and facilities to back engineer the technology. Therefore they may be eager to cash in on their find and sell to the highest bidder. For that sort of technology the US or Russia would go into a bidding frenzy to secure the unbelievable advanced technology that would make any country that managed to copy the tech and utilize in a military functionality untouchable and unbeatable overnight and for all time. The cost of that would be trillions of $$.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The military in the USA already has tons and tons of crashed disk materials, they also have a total monopoly on how to make the best use of it..

When another one crashes, they go after it , not to exploit it themselves, but to keep other governments from going solo with it.

Because they already have plenty to work with, their biggest issue is keeping it all to themselves...

But new crashed materials are still valuable of course...

I can't prove what I have just said, but I personally know it is true...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i think you are right the price of one would be extremly high, but it depends on who is selling it. a company like boeng would love something like this, and would pay rediculous amounts. but if it is a normal person selling it, i think they would get ripped off. rather than say a multi billion pound corporation selling it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The value would be zero to the farmer. It would be confiscated and he would be silenced or offed. Actually discovering a crashed UFO would leave you in the negative. If I found one, I''d just leave it laying there like the roadside litter I see on a daily basis.

P.S., why is this under the Board Business forum?

edit on 30-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I don't recognize the authority of anyone to declare the crashed saucer that i have, Illegal.

Ah, we have impasse! I do not recognize the legality of you claiming ownership. If you don't own it, you can't sell it. The same way that if I landed my airplane on your land, you don't suddenly own it. You may be able to charge me rent, tow it off your property, or otherwise engage me regarding the airplane, but you don't gain title to it.

You might be able to invoke salvage rights, but maritime law would be difficult to claim on land and your quibbles in the courts would take time you wouldn't have as the Army rolls in and takes it away anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join