It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone is Sick after party at Chuck E Cheese... please advice what to do next!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Friends,

We had a Kids birthday party in Chusck E cheese last Sunday. we were about 15 to 20 families, and about 15 to 20 kids below three year. After the party lot of us were sick... mostly upset stomach and diarrhea. The efffect on kids was very bad, they were vomiting whole night sunday and monday.

Kids specifically had Cheese Pizza, we checked with each other and are sure that whoever had that cheese pizza was now messed up.

Since I am ATS member I need help for fellow member here. please guide me what we should do? Should we complain to FDA? I have no idea what to do. We have definateley eaten spoiled food that too at a kids place. Chuck E cheese is not up to the standard. We dont want any anyone else to fall sick like us... believe me it feels really bad... cleaning the kid whole night

Please Advice...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mods please move this thread to the appropriate category... maybe to General
I missed it... thaks

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What you do, is you get yourself a GOOD LAWYER and start with that. First of all, they need to trace where all that food consumed comes from. okay?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

so should we first ask Chuck e cheese...
or inform them about this?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I spent the last day vomiting. I ate some contaminated mexican food myself. I was tempted to call the restaurant and complain. Chuck E Cheese may offer you a free pizza as an apology. Don't eat it, it may make you sick. NPR just aired a thing about how many people a year get sick as a result of bad food handling and how this statistic has not changed.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Don't waste ANY time! Report this to the local Health Department, NOW. They will not stop until the problem has been rooted, this is a big deal.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

No lawyer is going to take the case unless someone pays big. Nobody pays big for a tummy ache.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am sure that you can think of some ailment to sue them for. Something, just think!!

People need to SUE corporations and big business every opportunity they get!!!!!

If corporations and big business want to HORDE all the money away so that our economy stays in dread, then lets forcibly extract the money out of them as MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!!

When WE the people get the money back (which by the way is OURS anyways) then the economy will flourish.

LAWSUIT!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Mnn yum chuck up cheese, why is this in aliens and ufo?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

That is good advise, they will go in and change procedures at Chukecheeze. It would be funny if the sickness originated from some other source. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Apologies its been moved, out of interest is this a chain restaurant or independent?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Never buy food from a place named after a dirty rodent. Big US chain. A rat is the namesake.
edit on 30-11-2010 by earthdude because: info for above

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Lol, we call vomiting in my area "chucking up"

With a pizza place called Chuck E Cheese, I'd have given that place a miss.

I'm sorry you've all been poisoned, I think to have a good case, collect as much outwardly projected evidence as you can from as many people who have fallen ill, get your doctor to run some tests on it and see what comes up.

Alternatively, you could always send them a nasty letter highlighting your predicament and get some money back.

edit on 30-11-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
first of all, if you havent already you and your family should seek medical attention. tell the MD what happened.

contact the restaurant you went to, then contact the corporate office.

next order of business, look on the internet for your city's food/restaurant inspection and certification office.
tell them exactly what happened.

good luck.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You could always beat up some of those animatronic animals they have performing while you're eating, that would show them.

Peace

link   
Im a customer care assistant at a very well known american burger chain, it only takes ONE person whos preparing the food to not wash their hands after a loo break, or come to work with an upset stomach. Complain to the head office of the restaurant and go to your local public health department.

link   
my suggestion is never eat fake food. it sucks, but all fast food restaurants are packed with artificial ingredients.

if i dumped a pile of chemicals on the table and said to you, 'go eat them' you would say no way.
yet if chuck e cheese hides them in the pizza its ok?

only eat natural foods. only buy organic. do not eat mcdonalds, burger king, wendys, etc. if you want to eat a burger, go to a real restaurant.

now the restaurant might not use organic beef, BUT at least they are not adding chemicals to the beef, other than the damn steroids the big farms use.

if your kids want to go play arcade games, let them, just do not let them eat the candy, soda, or pizza there.

if they want to drink soda, avoid the high fructose corn syrup. BOYLANS, JONES, and many others use cane sugar. i only go grocery shopping at stores that carry real food, so its easy for me to get can sugar drinks. if your store does not have it, time to search for a store that does.

link   
I go to a culinary school and just took a class on exactly this kind of stuff. What you need to do is contact your local health department and let them know that you and x amount of other people got sick after eating the pizza. You then should contact the restaurant and let them know what happened as well. The health department will take care of it, go in and make sure they are up to code. If you received medical attention, you have the potential to sue, as long as at least two of you went (two or more people getting sick from a restaurant is all it takes to be considered a food-borne illness outbreak). More than likely they will get fined by the health department and possibly be closed down for a while. This is serious business though, so do not hesitate to contact the proper authorities. People die this way and it's very important that the people who handle our food are kept in line and realize the gravity of handling what other people put in their bodies. Keep us updated.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Take the kids to the doctor asap. If its food poisoning you want to have that on record for future reference since they would record the places you have eaten out at. Also, I would check the health dept, see how chuck E cheese rated and BBB, see if there are complaints filed with them. Make sure you do all of this. If its more than food poisoning then you should be on your way to a case and regardless of what it is, bring it to the dept of health's attention.

Notify the other parents to see a pediatrician!
Please keep us posted and good luck!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ugh! I'm so sorry! That sounds miserable.

I agree with this post:

reply to post by TheGreatestKIdd

I'm against suing, but if you feel it's what you want to do, it's your right. I think getting the health dept involved is the best thing to do.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join