It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Caught on C-Span Open Mic: Lieberman to Hutchinson, "It's rigged, it's all rigged"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
We the people quit controlling our Federal Government when we lost the Civil War. That War was about State Sovereignty to keep the Federal Government in check.

We lost. We don't control our Federal Government and haven't for quite a number of years.

Somebody will reply blah blah it was about freeing the slaves. BS. We've got 1/3rd of Mexico's workforce now as our slaves...we've always had slaves and still do today. They just get Federal Funds for housing and food now instead of having a master owning them and having to use his money to clothe and feed them.

Being a Southerner raised in Mississippi, when I was young(er) I was always, "I'm glad the North won. The slaves deserved to be free just like everyone else."

Then as I learned the real history and what the States were REALLY fighting for, I regret my ignorant remarks as a child. If the South had won, they would have inevitably freed slaves (slavery was becoming more and more of a problem, and as bad as it sounds, too costly to maintain), and the government would have been State centered, not Federal.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Im guessing this wont be showing up on mainstream media.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
First reports were that it was said by Lieberman but it turns out to be from Michael Bennet, D-CO.

blogs.abcnews.com...

Bennet’s comments were picked up by an open mic. An aide eventually turned off the mic before any more of the senator’s complaints could be caught on tape. A spokesman for the Colorado senator later defended Bennet’s comments.

“Michael was telling the same truths on the senate floor that he tells folks here in Colorado,” a Bennet spokesman said. “For almost two years, he has talked about needing to fix a broken Washington. We can’t move forward on major issues facing our country because of a broken system that is rigged to prevent progress. We are now in the second week of this work period, and the Senate hasn’t begun debating Defense Authorization, tax cuts that will expire at the end of the year, or unemployment benefits. Colorado and the rest of our country deserve better which is why he has proposed overhauling the way Washington works, including filibuster and lobbying reforms.”

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I watch this and think:

what the # are you talking about?

some crazy old dudes who cannot change anything wondering where their cappuccino is....

dumb old wankers

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
reply to post by GirlGenius

Nice find. Telling us something we already knew basically, but it's funny to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. Lieberman is a strange Democrat. I never really fully trusted that man. He always seems to side with the Republicans on key issues.

He's a Conservative Democrat.

That's his problem.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
He just said "It's rigged" because it's a lame-duck session. There's only one month before the new senators come in and the ones who lost the election leave. Nothing will get done in this one month.

I think people are overreacting here.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Gervaise de Bentley was awarded a Haye of Bentley by William the Conqueror after the battle for services rendered. This started the Bentley lineage.

The Gervaise (Spear) of the Haye (Snake)
A Riddle that matter,ed/S.

The ^Relative^ above understood this well.
So did John B. 1608-1666.....William B.1589-1663.....Joshua B. (who rowed Paul Revere across the Rio) , etc.
May their spirits carry on.....carrying on.....
blabla
I care.
SA,PA

edit on 1-12-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZELDAR
This should be on the news....

Isn't c-span kinda considered a news-outlet?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

It sounds to me like he is complaining about how the system is rigged in this particular session, probably by the GOP in order to keep the democrats from getting anything done. The structure of the session is rigged against the democrats.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Pretty Much say's it all.
What can you add to that ?
Star &Flag !!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Its all rigged.

Wow, spoken like a true sore loser. That's the best he has to save face?

If I only had a dollar for every person in my life who has accused me of such dastardly deeds.

"Its rigged" "you cheated"....the words of someone who can't accept their own shortcomings

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Why were they giggling at the end right before it cuts off?
They knew that people were listening. They wanted to be heard. They ran through the other mics but they stayed on that one for a long time, it's more than complaining about the government, I heard the word epiphany.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rareredhead

G00d Squestion.....
Soberly awaiting mass consciousness.
SAberly awaiting mass conscienceness.
Both apply though One has the freewill to choose

Always found it strange I was named after David Lewis of McDonnell Douglas, associate of mIpapi.
After a search I understood why as a needle in Aye hayestack.
People are Strange. as they appear.
Understood.
NXT.....

no?
edit on 48am14055412531201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I'm surprised to see so little interest in the statement made by the man himself. What he says sounds spot on.
second

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This fits right along with the TSA, and wiki leaks, something injected intentionally into the consciousness to cause anger, and even possible revolt, with this statement by obama. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I love how at about 0:24 or 0:25 you can hear the snicker or laugh begin like the person was "Ha, OMG can you believe that he said that or we heard that?"

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp

Nice find. Telling us something we already knew basically, but it's funny to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. Lieberman is a strange Democrat. I never really fully trusted that man. He always seems to side with the Republicans on key issues.

Lieberman, a Democrat? I think he is an independent -- what ever that is in the context of the bunch of crooks who run the Government.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
There seems to be a discrepancy here, some people are saying it is Lieberman who said it, others are saying it it was Senator Michael Bennet

dailycaller.com...
edit on 1-12-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here is my question for the congress and senate, if it is rigged why not just go home so everyone can see the system for what it is.

just sickening to see this country turn into a 3rd world mockery

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
There seems to be a discrepancy here, some people are saying it is Lieberman who said it, others are saying it it was Senator Michael Bennet

dailycaller.com...
edit on 1-12-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

I was clearly not Lieberman, he has a very distinctive voice and that was not his voice. I cannot say it was Bennet, but it was clearly not Lieberman.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join