It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why Julian Assange needs to be silenced...the moron

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
whats worse:
Installing the shaw of Iran or talking about who did it?
whats worse:
installing Pol Pot or talking about who did it?
whats worse:
giving Lil Kim nuclear weapons or talking about it?
whats worse:
installing Saddam or talking about him?
whats worse:
lying about Saddam's WMDs or having the lie pointed out?
whats worse:
selling weapons and arms to both the communists and the nationalists
in China and not delivering the ammo to the nationalist so the communists would win?
whats worse:
knowing Israel did the Lavan affair or the USS Liberty or talking about it?
whats worse:
knowing the gulf is full of oil and that the long term effects will sicken and kill millions, or talking about it?
whats worse:
knowing the the US admitted the gulf of tonlin never happened, or talking about it?
whats worse:
knowing 4 tons of uncut coke whent down in mexico on the way to the US or talking about it?
whats worse:
being caught lying about Iraqis pulling babies from incubators, or talking about it?
whats worse:
knowing the US has been invaded by Mexico or talking about it?
whats worse:
fondling chidren's genitals in airports, and taking nekkid pictures of them?
whats worse:
knowing the US government is a international criminal coup, and
is not the fault of the
CONSTITUTIONAL AMERICAN PATRIOT
or talking about it?
yada yada yada yay

you can answer each question individually if you want to
take your time
there are many more

PS
shooting the messenger is the kind of thing
usually attributed to tin pot dictators like lil Kim
edit on 30-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
I agree with you, yet some people feel it's their god given right to know everything about everything. I guess they also must think their parents were bad people for keeping stuff from them.

That's completely different. Had my parents always hidden key information about the world from me, I would hold it against them, and feel right in doing so. Instead, however, they gave me comfortable untruths until I was old enough to begin comprehending the truth,a t which point they shared that with me.

Kim Jong Il has probably long suspected that China wasn't really his ally -- he probably even had proof. Everyone engages in espionage, and it's pretty rare that two countries successfully keep secrets from each other, especially secrets of that volume. Kim could have acted on this at any time, and we would never have known why had he done it before these leaks.

The only people surprised by the particulars of any of this info are the leypeople, like us. The individual insults, like the Russian Batman and Robin gag, calling Sarkozy an Alpha-wolf, etc., may have come as a surprise. But things like China being afraid of that little megalomaniac? Probably not a surprise to the megalomaniac.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It's really funny reading about the "normal people" going apenuts over some files. That's some real emotional maturity right there and for the posters that rep about an angry China or North-Korea over a few words...grow up, they got you by the balls.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
reply to post by mobiusmale
Wikileaks is more than just their figurehead front man and spokesperson!

Wikileaks is the amalgamation of several multinational constituents, and not a one man's show!

Don't forget everyone who risks life, limb, and freedom to smuggle those documents away from their places of origin, scans them, and sends them in. All of that information has to come from somewhere...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
How about your military leadership that decides they need to run military exercises in China's backyard after S. Korea fired on N. Korea to start this whole debacle to begin with.

North Korea fired on South Korea. Other way around.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleNickels

Think you'll find the south were conducting artillery drills before the attack.

The bombardment of Yeonpyeong was an artillery engagement between the North Korean military and South Korean forces stationed on Yeonpyeong Island on 23 November 2010.[4] Following a South Korean artillery exercise on the island, North Korean forces fired around 170 artillery shells and rockets at Yeonpyeong.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

In his headlong race to make the U.S. look bad, this idiot is exposing conversations that could lead to widespread wars.

Arrest Assange now...if for nothing else than possession of stolen property...before he gets us all killed.

This is not about America its about the world, do Americans not understand this ? It aint Assange who murdered innocent people, or bombing countries, this is about laying out the truth of what is happening around the world.

So tell me do you think G W Bush should also be arrested? He was responsible for torture and murder due to a false flag?

Which one is worst?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is not the first time that this topic has come up, nor will it be the last. There is no doubt that what this person has done a lot of damage to the credibility, and has embarrassed the current government. However, there are problems with suggestion of arresting him, as there is not really any charge that can be brought up on him, or it would have to be a law that is a bit too vague to where it can be applied to more than just what he is doing.
As much as it would seem correct and right to arrest him for putting this stuff out, there are a few problems that actual concept, and the first being the Supreme Court decision on the Pentagon Papers. In that case, a person who worked in the Pentagon, took papers and then handed them over to the New York Times. The federal government sued and attempted to hold the New York Times accountable, and it was argued up to the Supreme Court, in the opinion and decision, the New York Times could not be held accountable, the only person the Federal Government could go after is the person who originally gotten the documents and gave them to the New York Times.
The other aspect, is that the founder of Wikileaks is not a citizen of the United States, with no one really knowing where he is. If we knew, then we would have to have a charge that would be upheld not only in the United States of America, but also in the country that he was in, to be extradited to the US. So that too is a main problem. We can not, well legally and without justification, go through and take the man off of the streets in another country, as that has been considered to be illegal in most countries. Nor can we have him assassinated as it would allow for other countries to do such on our soil. So that too becomes a problem. The US has no real means of actually getting him. And then what do we do then, if we do and get him into the court and he is found innocent or the courts find in favor of him? He is then free to continue on. What laws has the man actually broken? The reality is that he has broken no laws. The only person and people the United States can legally go after are the people who are supplying WikiLeaks with the documents, and charge them.
There is one other door that should never be opened, and that would be for the US federal government to go through and have the site shut down. However, to do such is censorship and opens the door for the US federal government to shut down other sites. Can you think of a few sites that the US federal government would like to shut down? I know of one, and that is the one that this discussion is taking place on. We can not allow for that either.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
You are soooo right OP.
Is Assange the white knight battling evil? I don't think so. He's just a shameless brain dead attention whore. It is one thing exposing the Iraq war for the sham it is. It is quite another endangering world peace by putting out this info about China.

edit on 30-11-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

People like you seem to struggle to accept the fact that he's merly bringing out info (edited or not) about actions and statement made by regimes, and yet you all point to wikileaks and go: EVIL!
The fact that the things he leaks are actions and statements by your government, seem to go right over your heads.
Evil wikileaks, exposing what dreadfull things "the worlds best country" does.

Sigh...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Exactly, I agree with you.

Ignore all the abuse you will likely get from the information hippies who think it is their god given right to know everything about everything.

When you are playing poker, do you play with your cards open?

No you dont, because you lose pretty quickly if you do.

Politics and world diplomacy is very similar. If you spread this information, what do you get out of it?
Some satisfied nosey people who get kicks out of knowing "secret" stuff and a world in complete turmoil. Secrecy keeps the world spinning, it keeps the economy alive, it keeps your neighbours happy. Idiotic leaks like this dont achieve anything, they just work against world peace.

To all the doubters, tell me one good thing that can come of this information being released?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

In his headlong race to make the U.S. look bad, this idiot is exposing conversations that could lead to widespread wars.

China is opening up...PRIVATELY...to the west about the menace that is North Korea...even suggesting that Korea should be unified with South Korea taking the lead. They...in the leaked documents...refer to Kim as a "spoiled child".

How do such revelations aide in having China acting as an agent of compromise...in working behind the scenes to moderate the reactions of a crazy despot and his heir.

Assange is a shallow thinking idiot that needs to be stopped before his egotistical crusade gets a few million...or billion...people killed.

How do you suppose Kim is thinking tonight, NOW knowing that his supposed ally is working in the background to end his legacy after his death? Might he be less...or more...inclined (as the sociopathic mass murderer that he is) to just go ahead and set the peninsula on fire?

Arrest Assange now...if for nothing else than possession of stolen property...before he gets us all killed.

www.cbc.ca...

This kind of thinking really makes me want to laugh - or cry. So many of these criticisms are based on the fact that you believe most of this information isn't already known to other countries, and it completely ignores or disregards the fact that ALL countries have intel agents everywhere. For some reason you seem to think the US is the only country which is party to this information...which is frankly really deluded.

How do you know that China hasn't already expressed this to N. Korea? How do you know N. Korean intel hasn't already picked up all this and more? IMO that is FAR more likely.

The information in these leaks will make the public more aware of what is going on - makes things explicit where they were implicit before, but to make the kind of statements you are making seems incredibly naive.

I honestly think the MSM psyops about this is working, and that makes me so sad.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

You are soooo right OP.
Is Assange the white knight battling evil? I don't think so. He's just a shameless brain dead attention whore. It is one thing exposing the Iraq war for the sham it is. It is quite another endangering world peace by putting out this info about China.

Endangering world peace, please dont make me laugh, the american goverment and G W Bush have murdered thousands of innocent people. And you think Assange is Evil?

I bet you are an American as you are the only country that is blinded by the truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

You are soooo right OP.

People like you seem to struggle to accept the fact that he's merly bringing out info (edited or not) about actions and statement made by regimes, and yet you all point to wikileaks and go: EVIL!
The fact that the things he leaks are actions and statements by your government, seem to go right over your heads.
Evil wikileaks, exposing what dreadfull things "the worlds best country" does.

Sigh...

The MSM psyops is working - they can count on the majority of people buying into the fear/paranoia factor, obediently gulping it down.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Wikileaks isnt evil because the information released can cause disputes. They are "evil" because they released it. They are just attention seeking egoists who are very ignorant of the way the world works.

These cables released are just normal chit chat between diplomats (albeit secret chit chat). Dont tell me you havent said something slightly mean or critical of a good friend of yours when hes not there? Now imagine if I then went to that friend and said to him "Hey Larry, you know Barry, he told me he thinks your wife is fat and your little son smells like cabbage farts". Now Larry doesnt need to know this, it doesnt help him knowing this but I told him anyway because you told me to keep it secret. Thats wikileaks.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wikileaks performs a fantastic public service. The Governments of the world are always going to talk behind each others backs and exposing what's been said is a good thing, And let's face it, anything that any nation mentioned in a leak like this doesn't like can just be denied and the world powers will continue to be their black hearted selves.

Veritas vos liberat

Rev

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

It's ok, calm down, take a deep breath . . . as with most situations on the world stage, there is more than meets the eye here.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
reply to post by XyZeR

Wikileaks isnt evil because the information released can cause disputes. They are "evil" because they released it.

What Wikileaks are Evil for releasing information? That is youre argument and youre view, are you part of a government as i think you are in a minority if you trully believe that. Also i bet youre American.

It seems it is only Americans who do not like what Assanage is doing. And i know why that is, corruption, lies, Torture and murder. Just dont say it too loud, the americans dont like the TRUTH.
edit on 30-11-2010 by blaenau2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Exactly, I agree with you.

Ignore all the abuse you will likely get from the information hippies who think it is their god given right to know everything about everything.

When you are playing poker, do you play with your cards open?

No you dont, because you lose pretty quickly if you do.

Politics and world diplomacy is very similar. If you spread this information, what do you get out of it?
Some satisfied nosey people who get kicks out of knowing "secret" stuff and a world in complete turmoil. Secrecy keeps the world spinning, it keeps the economy alive, it keeps your neighbours happy. Idiotic leaks like this dont achieve anything, they just work against world peace.

To all the doubters, tell me one good thing that can come of this information being released?

Yea sure, lets protect the cards of those evil folks whose actions do accomplish nothing but severe torment to innocent people, killing off women and babies daily causing them unimaginable pain and grief to countless families all because we need to make sure this evil game of poker continues for their sinister goal of profit and greed.

So, is this what you are supporting by suggesting the "card" be kept hidden?

I bet you would change your tune REALLY QUICK if you were the recipient of it. Your type would be the first to cry and whimper if put in their shoes.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by XyZeR

Wikileaks isnt evil because the information released can cause disputes. They are "evil" because they released it. They are just attention seeking egoists who are very ignorant of the way the world works.

You're not going to convince me that they are just doing it because they are "attention seeking egoists who are very ignorant of the way the world works." that's just retarded.
They do it for very different reasons, reasons you are clearly delusional about.

These cables released are just normal chit chat between diplomats (albeit secret chit chat). Dont tell me you havent said something slightly mean or critical of a good friend of yours when hes not there? Now imagine if I then went to that friend and said to him "Hey Larry, you know Barry, he told me he thinks your wife is fat and your little son smells like cabbage farts". Now Larry doesnt need to know this, it doesnt help him knowing this but I told him anyway because you told me to keep it secret. Thats wikileaks.

Heu?..LOL.......Wow ............What a wonderfully broken faulty analogy you make here.
And yet you accuse Wikileaks of being very ignorant of the way the world works...rich!

If the secret chit chat between diplomats is so damaging then the fault lies right there, not with Wikileaks for bringing it out.
You're all shooting the messenger who brings out fact on the dirty tricks of various governments, and your anger should be directed at them (those govenrments), not the messenger!

A site like ATS should be supporting and defending any whistleblowers of any kind!

I've seen US media and some people call Wikileaks a terrorist organisation recently, but if you work by those standards, Fox, NYT, CNN and any other newsorganisation are all terrorist organisations,
because they expose dirt about people and governments.

The MSM psyops is working - they can count on the majority of people buying into the fear/paranoia factor, obediently gulping it down.

It's statements like the above that make me cringe, just cause I defend Wikileaks right to do what they do, I'm gulping down the "psyop fear paranoia factor...." Ridiculous!

edit on 30-11-2010 by XyZeR because: added quote

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jontap

I am the recipient of it and so are you. Open your eyes, cast away your ignorance and look around you. Your quality of life, the things you take for granted, the liberties you have are a product of this system that you so viciously hate. Your a hypocrite of the worse sort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join