It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: WikiLeaks release highly dubious

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Anyone that belives wikileaks works for any government is delusional at best. Just because what they've released so far doesn't live up to your expectations doesn't mean they are disinfo agents, this is the real deal. After all, these are just diplomatic cables a few of which are labeled only "secret", so you can't expect much of anything from them. As far as I know, no one in the Saudi government or in the royal family has denied that the king has said any of this, so that down plays any suggestion that this is BS. Oh, and you shouldn't believe anything the Iranian government says, that'll be pretty stupid of you.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MareBellator
Anyone that belives wikileaks works for any government is delusional at best. Just because what they've released so far doesn't live up to your expectations doesn't mean they are disinfo agents, this is the real deal. After all, these are just diplomatic cables a few of which are labeled only "secret", so you can't expect much of anything from them. As far as I know, no one in the Saudi government or in the royal family has denied that the king has said any of this, so that down plays any suggestion that this is BS. Oh, and you shouldn't believe anything the Iranian government says, that'll be pretty stupid of you.

No, I follow logic.

Two points come in to mind regarding these leaks.

1. No one takes US government dis-info propaganda seriously, therefore they needed something new. Wikileaks seems to be that something new and very damn creative to tell you the truth.

a. How hard is it for US government to spread dis-info propaganda wrapped around the world "leak"?
b. How hard is it for an individual working for US government or Western intelligence agency to leak these files, millions to be exact, knowing that he could go to prison for a long, long time, and also knowing that it is quiet to easy to get busted.

2. US gains the most from the leaks, in every way.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So I suppose that video released by wikileaks (dis-info agents, according to you) that showed innocent Iraqis getting mowed down by an attack helicopter really helped out the US in it's image, didn't it? I laugh at your delusion and hypocrisy; First you defend wikileaks by using that very same video to help you in your cause, now you yell "dis-info" (going with the flow, ATS'ers tend to do that) practicaly because one Muslim country is calling on the US to bomb another muslim country? Well why am I not surprised, muslim countries advocating for violence against other Muslim countries (particularly Iran) doesn't exactly fit well with your fantasy view of the world does it? You need to work on that logic stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

So I suppose that video released by wikileaks (dis-info agents, according to you) that showed innocent Iraqis getting mowed down by an attack helicopter really helped out the US in it's image, didn't it? I laugh at your delusion and hypocrisy; First you defend wikileaks by using that very same video to help you in your cause, now you yell "dis-info" (going with the flow, ATS'ers tend to do that) practicaly because one Muslim country is calling on the US to bomb another muslim country? Well why am I not surprised, muslim countries advocating for violence against other Muslim countries (particularly Iran) doesn't exactly fit well with your fantasy view of the world does it? You need to work on that logic stuff.

Wikileaks is the medium, Assange could be in it or not.

Even if he is not in it, he is being used, any government employee can send dis-info propaganda to Wikileaks wrapped around leaks, obviously with the permission of the government.

That video leak, the soldier who sent the file got arrested not long after, that is why I ask the question, how hard is it for government employees to leak files and get away with it?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
they call the leaks dubious and then they announce that they are willing to resume talks.

seems to me that learning that every arab nation in the middle east has practically begged the US to attack your nuclear facilities is fear inducing, not dubious.

I noted that as well... Yep rather interesting they are ready to go back to the multi nation talks all a sudden...dubious is their codde word for " very compelling"

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Iran always wanted to talk, it is the West who wanted Iran to stop Uranium enrichment in return for talks.

So think for a second, Iran isn't stopping its Iranian enrichment, and at the same time going to talk. What does that mean? That means the West abandoned its condition, because the West has the lower hand, both in Afghanistan and in Iraq, not to mention loosing the Arab public support.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

ffs everything released so far has been proven to be factual, there haven't been any objections, none of it is fabricated. Once you see this, you can see past the delusion that wikileaks is a CIA front or what have you. Trust me when I say Assange controls wikileaks 100%, he's not being toyed around with. As for why there wasn't more security around this information, you have to consider the fact that it
wasnt labeled as "top-secret" or anything of that nature that can seriously harm the US, all this information was also readily available to some 3 million so it must not have been hard to get out.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

ffs everything released so far has been proven to be factual, there haven't been any objections, none of it is fabricated. Once you see this, you can see past the delusion that wikileaks is a CIA front or what have you. Trust me when I say Assange controls wikileaks 100%, he's not being toyed around with. As for why there wasn't more security around this information, you have to consider the fact that it
wasnt labeled as "top-secret" or anything of that nature that can seriously harm the US, all this information was also readily available to some 3 million so it must not have been hard to get out.

How has it been proven FFS lol
Has it been proven to be factual by US proxy states>?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

WikiLeaks cables: You can't blame Israel for mistrusting Arabs, says Qatari ruler
Israel deserves credit for seeking peace in the face of resurgent Hamas and Hezbollah, Emir Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani tells U.S. senator, according to classified dispatch.

www.haaretz.com...

"The Israeli leaders need to represent the people of Israel, who themselves do not trust Arabs. The Emir said this is understandable and 'we can't blame them' because the Israelis have been 'under threat' for a long time.'

According to the document, the Emir told Kerry that the time was ripe for an Israeli-Arab peace - and that in his opinion, the best way to achieve this was for Israel to reopen negotiations with Syria via Turkish mediation.

"In Qatar's view, now is the time to reach out to Damascus. The Syrian Government can help Arab extremists make tough choices, but only if the U.S., whose involvement is essential, demonstrates to Syria early on a willingness to address the return of the Golan Heights and supports Turkey's mediation efforts between Israel and Syria," the classified cable said.
www.haaretz.com...
Syria could be weaned away from its major ally, Iran, and had only turned to the Iranians because it had "nowhere else to go," al-Khalifa said.

The Qatari Emir also told Kerry that his nation could help push Hamas towards peace. Although Qatar did not "share Hamas' ideology," it could play a valuable role as an intermediary, the Emir said.

I think J.A., just did the world a enormous favor

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well once again i am dubious of this whole wikileaks stuff as the only thing really since the release, is the MSM focusing on the possible lack of control over pakistani Nuclear weapons and material....that is complete and utter finger pointing and excuses to maybe deal with Pakistan...I am of the mind more and more that this whole wikileaks is a set up and is being used as a propaghanda machine cause everytime there seems to be this massive leak it points a finger at where things need to be controlled and it is also pointing a finger at the Korea and South Korea Issue ......
This is not at all as it seems and i was a person who used to think Wikileaks was a good thing but i now have my serious doubts and it is just being used as yet another huge propaganda machine that gets to the Internet crowd....because for a brief moment in history people had a freedom online but it is being erroded away and they found a way into the hearts and minds of the internet generation which can be used to divide and conquer us...
So another one for the elite.....they have done it yet again...kudos to them as they keep up the hard work of corrupting the hearts and minds of the world.....the bas@#$%
edit on 043131p://f58Wednesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

exactly.

Its not like they made this up, the government said this.

I like him, he says he doesnt know for sure, because he doesnt.

Its been done smart, and properly.

Just like Mossad would do it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Israel has threatened to wipe Iran off the map many times, and Iran has never threatened to wipe Israel off the map.

No it hasn't.. Israel has never threatened to wipe anyone off the map. Why do you lie? (Or am I completely uninformed?)

Yes. Israel has nothing to do with this.

But if this was completely anti American or reinforced only your opinions (bad things about Israel, maybe not so many bad things about Iran, etc) you'd have no problem with it, even if it was one sided, as it were?

I'm not saying I'm not skeptical, I'm just saying this outcry seems dependent on opinions. Instead of examining the leaks we're examining their political narrative.. We didn't do that with the other leaks, why's that?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

"the president of Iran should remember that Iran can also be wiped off the map."
Shimon

Who is Shimon?
en.wikipedia.org...

And

No one threatened to wipe Israel off the map. Only an idiot would make such a claim, because to Iranians, Israel doesn't exist, they refer to Israel as Zionist regime, or the regime which has occupied Jeruselum.

Here is a whole article about it, you should write a rebuttal to the article in another thread, make your Zionist fans proud:
www.antiwar.com...

Snipe of the article:

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

Here is the full transcript of the speech in Farsi, archived on Ahmadinejad's web site

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

lol... Shimon.. You could've just called him by his first and last name, don't be so dramatic.

You said Israel has threatened to wipe Iran off many times, this is just one time, and it's hardly even a threat, it came in response to Ahmadinajad's threat to wipe Israel off the map (let's not get lost in translation, this is how most of the world viewed it, and that's what he commented on). You just took it out of context so it would fit your statement.

You don't want to go into it, fine, we won't go off topic, just don't lie, this one "threat" is not enough to say Israel threatened Iran many times.. In fact, in spite of having many many enemies Israel has never threatened anyone with being wiped out.

Forget the forum, stop lying to yourself.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by xavi1000

Yes, but even if Israel was in these leaks, I would still question its credibility, because where do these leaks come from?

It is not from Wikileaks, those who think Wikileaks is the source is making a huge mistake.

Wikileaks is the medium, the supposed leaks come from American government employees and Western Intelligence agencies.

The above being said, how do we know if the leaks are not intentional and a dis-info propaganda?

Nonsense Oozy. Pure Nonsense.

If Israel is to be criticized in any future leak, you will open a new “Evil Zionist” thread every 10 minutes.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by oozyism

lol... Shimon.. You could've just called him by his first and last name, don't be so dramatic.

You said Israel has threatened to wipe Iran off many times, this is just one time, and it's hardly even a threat, it came in response to Ahmadinajad's threat to wipe Israel off the map (let's not get lost in translation, this is how most of the world viewed it, and that's what he commented on). You just took it out of context so it would fit your statement.

You don't want to go into it, fine, we won't go off topic, just don't lie, this one "threat" is not enough to say Israel threatened Iran many times.. In fact, in spite of having many many enemies Israel has never threatened anyone with being wiped out.

Forget the forum, stop lying to yourself.

So I proved that Israel threatened to wipe Iran off the map, now you are saying one threat is not enough, and that I shouldn't get lost in translation? I speak Farsi, I know exactly what it is talking about, do you speak Farsi?

Israel has threatened Iran many times over, in every way, from threatening to wipe Iran off the map, to threatening to attack Iran, bomb Iran, has asked its daddy to sanction Iran, to Isolate Iran.

the above are all threats.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Nonsense Oozy. Pure Nonsense.

If Israel is to be criticized in any future leak, you will open a new “Evil Zionist” thread every 10 minutes.

Where do these leaks come from?

These are US reports, are you kidding me. These leaks don't prove anything, nor do they disprove anything. These leaks are simply US reports, which we don't even know whether they are legit or not, we don't know whether US government hasn't leaked them intentionally for dis-info propaganda etc.

I don't jump on your paddy wagon yet.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

edit on 1-12-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Right Oozy, please remind me to quot you regarding the reliability of the source , once they start pointing a finger towards Israel.
I have no doubt you will spin it somehow.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by oozyism

Right Oozy, please remind me to quot you regarding the reliability of the source , once they start pointing a finger towards Israel.
I have no doubt you will spin it somehow.

No I won't.

I always admit when I'm wrong. I'm not a bigot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join