It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Colombowicz: America's discoverer Polish not Portuguese, claim historians Read more: h

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

He is celebrated as the humble Italian weaver who ended up discovering the Americas. But the conventional wisdom relating to Christopher Columbus is under threat after academics concluded the explorer was actually a Polish immigrant. An international team of distinguished professors have completed 20 years of painstaking research into his beginnings. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk... cle-1333895/Christopher-Columbus-Polish-Portuguese-claim-historians.html

I always thought he may not be Italian or Portuguese.

These guys spent 20 years researching this to come to this conclusion.

They were all Professors so they could waste the taxpayers money doing this.

It does not even matter though,he did not "discover" anything at all really.

It was always there.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

True true.

The Vikings were here 400 ish years earlier.

I have also read some interesting theories concerning ancient maps that he may have at least seen (chinese and others) that suggest he at least had an idea that there was something over here.

Interesting none the less,
edit on 29-11-2010 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That is one of the reasons our schools are failures.

They teach that Colombus discovered the Americas. And this is 100% untrue.

As stated above, Viking explorers have been proven to have landed in the north-east areas hundreds of years prior to the "Age of Exploration".

Also, according to what I have read, Columbus only landed on Carribean islands, and never even set foot on the mainland continent.

Also, there is DNA evidence found in local populations that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Africans landed in South America very long ago. See the Olmec carvings.

There is DNA evidence that shows Japanese accidentally sailed to the west coast of North America when they got caught in the ocean currents. They bred into the local populations after being stranded.

For further information, sources, and evidence, please check out this thread "Native America - the first melting pot".

Native America - the first melting pot

Also in that thread I present astonishing evidence that Tiahuinaco in Peru is DIRECTLY connected with the Indus valley civilization in ancient India.

Basically here is the short version. Awesome evidence is provided in the thread above.

Easter Island writing is EXACTLY identical to ancient Indus Valley script.
And certain plants cultivated by the Easter Island natives are ONLY found at Lake Titicaca (Tiahuinaco).

This proves to me, that the Easter Island civ was a long lost descendant of the Indus Valley civ. And the Easter Islanders had a direct trade route with South America.

This shows global transportation and commerce in ancient history. It is backed by compelling facts and evidence. Please give it a look.

This is why our school system sucks. Because ALL of that is IGNORED 100% and they just say "Colombus discovered the New World". What a joke.

But as to the revelations in the article you found, that Colombus was a Polish immigrant; that very well could be true and I don't doubt it at all. The Spanish were pretty open to mercenaries and free lancers who would do 'dirty work' for the crown. So yes, I agree he very well could have been Polish. It's possible.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
reply to post by Oneolddude

True true.

The Vikings were here 400 ish years earlier.

I have also read some interesting theories concerning ancient maps that he may have at least seen (chinese and others) that suggest he at least had an idea that there was something over here.

Interesting none the less,
edit on 29-11-2010 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

befiore that the chinese and other polynesian tribes and inuits

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I read this and a really tasteless joke popped right into my head, anyhow who would this be important to? All he did was make a big mistake.... Do Italians have great pride in him and think he was one of the men who first discovered this place?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
well I have to admit I believe the Vikings we're the first non American Natives to discover the continent. Still I believe Columbus and others colonized the continent after the native Americans welcomed them with open arms.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if others came first, the important one was Colombus, it was when the continent really link with the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

yes, in western history

how about eastern ?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal
It doesn't matter if others came first, the important one was Colombus, it was when the continent really link with the rest of the world.

That is not true, if you would have reviewed the evidence I provided you would realize there was a global trade route crossing the Pacific Ocean over 1000 years ago.

There is a direct link from ancient India to South America.

Compare ancient Indus valley script to Easter Islander "Rongo Rongo". Review the lists of cultivated crops found on Easter Island.

In 1932 an Hungarian engineer living in Paris, Guillame de Hevesy,claimed there was a relation ship between the rongorongo characters and
those of equally undeciphered script used by the Indus civilization at
least 3000 years before.

from here

Please review my thread linked to see the actual comparisons of the writing and further far more in depth research. The thread

And don't forget, the indiginous Easter Islanders cultivate several plants that are only found naturally at Lake Titicaca.

Explain to me how this is possible?

edit on 29-11-2010 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Sorry for arguing a side topic like this, but it's directly related to the OP because people are led to believe falsely that Colombus discovered America.

I will make it easy and simple. This proves "modern history" is full of holes and doesn't explain reality very well.

Easter Island script Rongo Rongo Compared with ancient Indus Valley script. (Over 3000yrs old).

a good chart showing the comparisons
Look, its Exactly the Same! Coincidence? Haha.

About the local plant cultivation connection.

"Some plants on Easter Island clearly come from South America, such as the islanders’ staple food the sweet potato (which is known by its Quechua name kumara), and also manioc and gourd. Similarly, two species of freshwater plants, found in Easter Island’s crater lakes but nowhere else in the Pacific, and both useful to man, come from South America. One of them was the totora reed, which dominated the banks of South America’s Lake Titicaca and was cultivated in vast irrigated fields in the desert valleys on the coast below; it was used for making mats, houses, and boats. The other was known to the islanders as tavari, and was used as a medicinal plant. Like the totora, it grew in Lake Titicaca. This last information supports the case for contact with Tiahuanaco."

linky

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I remember as a child first encountering this idea.

It was an article (I forget where, I was REALLY young) that was discussing the discovery of ancient Chinese anchors found in a California harbour.

At the time the excuse was early 19th century Chinese traders.

Interesting that Chinese records now show that they possessed MASSIVE fleets that were used to survey the globe hundreds of years ago. Fleets so large that one of these, what we would now call battle groups, likely contained more vessels than all the European navies combined.

I firmly believe that just like the Vatican archives, China is in posession of the true-er history of the human race over the last 5000ish years

The only reason this post isn't in Mandarin or Cantonese is because the Chinese decided that the rest of the world was too primitive to bother with.
edit on 30-11-2010 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I have been finding links to the dutch ,netherlands , VOC ..dutch east indies company .the dutch west indies company ...Henry Hudson worked for the VOC and probably the west indies co . The Dutch controlled the Slave trade supplying slaves from one contenant to the other . here is some of what I found just using wiki ...To add to the above ....I am getting this from en.wikipedia.org...

I think The Dutch hired the French ,English,Italy, and anyone else they had a mind to ..
Dutch West India Company (Dutch: Geoctroyeerde Westindische Compagnie or GWIC; English: Chartered West India Company) was a chartered company (known as the "GWC") of Dutch merchants. Among its founding fathers was Willem Usselincx (1567-1647?). On June 2, 1621, it was granted a charter for a trade monopoly in the West Indies (meaning the Caribbean) by the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands and given jurisdiction over the African slave trade, Brazil, the Caribbean, and North America. The area where the company could operate consisted of West Africa (between the Tropic of Cancer and the Cape of Good Hope) and the Americas, which included the Pacific Ocean and the eastern part of New Guinea. The intended purpose of the charter was to eliminate competition, particularly Spanish or Portuguese, between the various trading posts established by the merchants. The company became instrumental in the Dutch colonization of the Americas.

The company was initially relatively successful; in the 1620s and 1630s, many trade posts or colonies were established. The New Netherland area, which included New Amsterdam, covered parts of present-day New York, Connecticut, Delaware, and New Jersey. Other settlements were established on the Netherlands Antilles, several other Caribbean islands, Suriname and Guyana. The largest success for the GWC in its history was the seizure of the Spanish silver fleet, which carried silver from Spanish colonies to Spain, by Piet Heyn in 1628; privateering was at first the most profitable activity. In 1630, the colony of New Holland (capital Mauritsstad, present-day Recife) was formed, taking over Portuguese possessions in Brazil. In Africa, posts were established on the Gold Coast (now Ghana) and briefly in Angola. In the Americas, fur (North America) and sugar (South America) were the most important trade goods, while African settlements traded slaves—mainly destined for the plantations on the Antilles and Suriname—gold, and ivory.

Henry Hudson (c. 1560/70s[3] – 1611?) was an English sea explorer and navigator in the early 17th century. After several voyages on behalf of English merchants to explore a prospective Northeast Passage to India, Hudson explored the region around modern New York City while looking for a western route to Asia under the auspices of the Dutch East India Company.[4] He explored the river which eventually was named for him, and laid thereby the foundation for Dutch colonization of the region.

Note that Hudson was responcible for the Dutch settlements of North America ... Hudson discovered a strait and immense bay on his final expedition while searching for the Northwest Passage. In 1611, after wintering on the shore of James Bay, Hudson wanted to press on to the west, but most of his crew mutinied. The mutineers cast Hudson, his son and others adrift,[2] and no one saw him or his companions again. The Treaty between the Iroquois and representatives of the Dutch government was made in 1613 ...2 years after hudson was in New York.

In 1609, Hudson was chosen by the Dutch East India Company to find an easterly passage to Asia.[19] He was told to sail through the Arctic Ocean north of Russia, into the Pacific and so to the Far East. Hudson departed Amsterdam on April 4 in command of the Dutch ship Halve Maen.[20] He could not complete the specified route because ice blocked the passage, as with all previous such voyages, and he turned the ship around in mid-May while somewhere east of Norway's North Cape. At that point, acting entirely outside his instructions, Hudson pointed the ship west to try to find a passage in that direction.[21]

The
Hudson River The river was called Muh-he-kun-ne-tuk, the Great Mohegan, by the Iroquois,[3][4][5] or as the Lenape Native Americans called it in Unami, Muhheakantuck.

The Hudson was named the "North River" by the Dutch, who called the Delaware River the "South River." The name "North River" was used in the New York City area up until the early 1900s, with limited use continuing into the modern day.[6] The term persists in radio communication among commercial shipping traffic, especially below Tappan Zee.[7]

It was the English who originated the use of the name "Hudson"—because Hudson had found the river while exploring for the Dutch
The Dutch Empire grew to become one of the major seafaring and economic powers of the 17th century. In the Dutch Golden Age ("Gouden Eeuw"), colonies and trading posts were established all over the world. Dutch settlement in North America began with the founding of New Amsterdam, on the southern tip of Manhattan in 1614. In South Africa, the Dutch settled the Cape Colony in 1652. By 1650, the Dutch owned 16,000 merchant ships.[17] During the 17th century, the Dutch population increased from an estimated 1.5 million to almost 2 million

Many economic historians regard the Netherlands as the first thoroughly capitalist country in the world. In early modern Europe it featured the wealthiest trading city (Amsterdam) and the first full-time stock exchange. The inventiveness of the traders led to insurance and retirement funds as well as phenomena such as the boom-bust cycle, the world's first asset-inflation bubble, the tulip mania of 1636–1637, and, according to Murray Sayle, the world's first bear raider, Isaac le Maire, who forced prices down by dumping stock and then buying it back at a discount.[19] The republic went into a state of general decline in the later 18th century, with economic competition from England and long standing rivalries between the two main factions in Dutch society, the Staatsgezinden (Republicans) and the Prinsgezinden (Royalists or Orangists) as main factors.

I will end for now but we can see that some info I have pulled of wiki seems to have missing info ...where was Hudson borne? In one search about hudson it says the Dutch sent him back to England ....I found a story and I forget where but It said t hat Hudson orignally named the Hudson river after a captain he searved under ..It was a dutch name ???...peace

new topics

top topics

join