It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about the New Wiki Leaks releases.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I realize there is already a thread about wiki Leaks being disinfo but I wanted to start this thread to pose a specific question about the latest release from them.

One question I have about this new set of info released:

I read about the majority of the arab nations wanting the US to go to war with Iran as opposed to Iran becoming armed with Nukes.

Pressure from U.S. allies in the Middle East for decisive action to neutralize Iran's nuclear program. According to one cable, King Hamad bin Isa al Khalifah of Bahrain told Gen. David Petraeus, then the top U.S. commander in the region, that the United States must curb Iran's nuclear program by whatever means necessary. "The danger of letting it go on is greater than the danger of stopping it," the king is quoted as saying. Similarly, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia implored Washington to "cut off the head of the snake" while there was still time, according to a cable cited by the British newspaper The Guardian.

Another thing I read was how there is a big chance China would no longer back North Korea in a war.

He said that younger generation Chinese Communist party leaders no longer regarded North Korea as a useful or reliable ally and would not risk renewed armed conflict on the peninsula, according to a secret cable to Washington.

Now both of these leaks seem like they could easily convince the average person that war with either Iran or NK is not as bad as we all may have thought i.e. Hey if the other countries in the Middle East even don't want Iran armed maybe the US really should do something?

Or hey The chinese arn't backing NK? Well wasn't that the main concern with a war with them??

It almost seems like it could be disinfo meant to convince or ease us into the next war(s)?

Just wanted to throw this out for discussion and see what you guys think?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Real good observation..I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was all set up from the beginning by the u.s. gub'mint..though I can't make that assumption until all the info has been leaked..They promised info that would change the history of civilazation as we know it..they have some big leaks on a major u.s. bank..which could be very damning to the u.s...I mean let's face it..all politicians are in some bankers pocket. This could be bumper release to convince the u.s gov. that it won't all be bad and perhaps help their agendas..Then WHAM!..they drop the really heavy stuff..who knows..not convinced either way..if anything I'm a bit disappointed with these mostly he said she said international cables.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
About the Iran issue, what I see is shadows of a religion war between shia and sunni.
The US just seem happy with selling weapons to both sides as usual, and occasionnally plays the game of the saudis and allies.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous73

Good point, definitely don't want to make any assumptions before all the information comes out, it just seemed very odd to me. I also realize wikileaks had released some pretty damning documents as far as the US is concerned in the past, but I just never really trust anything at face value anymore. Guess I am paranoid
It will be interesting to see what the rest of the documents bring.

reply to post by Chrysalis

Hmm I hadn't even thought of that. A religious agenda to the Iran side would be very likely.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

Yes, mass aspects of public opinion & belief systems have been transformed literally overnight. I have hopes this is for the good of mankind, but I can't shake the feeling that my opinions have been massaged by a master.

It's as if, somehow, many of the Awake have become Sheeple. In one day. Hey, I'm rooting for the truth too...but I know we haven't got it yet. No matter what is released, it will probably only mean we are that much closer to the NWO.

Maybe we do understand a little more about our diplomacy at this point, and maybe some good will come. But consider the fact that these leaks, so far, haven't shed any light on our alphabet agencies--and when we don't know about their black budget ops, then we don't really know anything at all about our true foreign policy.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Yes, mass aspects of public opinion & belief systems have been transformed literally overnight. I have hopes this is for the good of mankind, but I can't shake the feeling that my opinions have been massaged by a master.

It's as if, somehow, many of the Awake have become Sheeple. In one day. Hey, I'm rooting for the truth too...but I know we haven't got it yet. No matter what is released, it will probably only mean we are that much closer to the NWO.

Maybe we do understand a little more about our diplomacy at this point, and maybe some good will come. But consider the fact that these leaks, so far, haven't shed any light on our alphabet agencies--and when we don't know about their black budget ops, then we don't really know anything at all about our true foreign policy.

Very good points. Sure there was a few embarrassing parts for the US but like you said nothing about the alphabet agency's. It's a sad time when something that is meant to out our governments and others around the world starts getting me thinking that maybe our government is behind it. Or maybe thats just life, or maybe like I said before I'm just paranoid.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Have you read all the cables yourself or have you only read the media articles on those cables? There are numerous things which the media is not telling you such as China & Russia's reluctance to sanction or pursue an armed conflict with Iran or Oman urging US whether these Sunni Arab nations are asking US to attack Iran based on logic or emotions. Dont trust the media but read the cables yourself.

Wikileaks Cable Disclosure: What The Media Is Not Telling You

S&F for raising this subject.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Sheol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

Hey thanks for the reply, this thread was definitely based off of what i read through the media. I was reading your thread yesterday, but had posted mine before hand.

top topics

join