It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone been getting automated calls reminding you to get your flu shot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hi ATS I have been receiving atleast 3 calls a week for like 2 months reminding me to get my flu shots. It also mentions how easy and cheap it is. Has anyone else got these calls? Also I want to add that the only type of phone I have is a cell phone. Since when does soliciters get a cell phone number? Oh yeah I don't know if it is true or not, but I heard a rumor that H1N1 vaccine is now combined with the regular flu vaccine. Thanks for your responses in advance.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cbaskins

I have not received any calls. Is the call from your insurance company or the government?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If they are calling your cell phone (not listed as business number) via automated messaging system with the intent to make a profit, (buy our flu shot) then you might want to contact the FTC .

Edit: If however, you are a client of the place that is calling you, then I suppose that might also be considered a business call..In that case, you'll prolly have to just put up with it.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbaskins
Hi ATS I have been receiving atleast 3 calls a week for like 2 months reminding me to get my flu shots. It also mentions how easy and cheap it is. Has anyone else got these calls? Also I want to add that the only type of phone I have is a cell phone. Since when does soliciters get a cell phone number? Oh yeah I don't know if it is true or not, but I heard a rumor that H1N1 vaccine is now combined with the regular flu vaccine. Thanks for your responses in advance.

I only get calls from the local blood bank - I'm a rare type, and lack certain factors that make my blood good for premie babies - lack of certain childhood diseases.

I can give to anyone, but I can't receive but from a select other type with out a severe allergic reaction.

Nothing on the flue shot deal.

Either way, I am not getting that flue shot - my blood helps babies just as it is.

top topics

join