It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Press Conference December 2 To Reveal "Astrobiology" Finding!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

Okay...this is it people. We all know disclosure must begin on a small level before TPTB will admit to the presense of intelligent extraterrestrial life. I wonder if the ETs are pushing their hand a bit to bring about this announcment.
edit on 11/29/2010 by MissSmartypants because: add quotes

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well I'm certainly looking forward to this. Although we shouldn't get our hopes up at all.

" to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life"

Could just mean something measly like they've found something on earth that can survive on random elements which boosts the chances of life in random places.

Either way I'm excited, any step forward in the cosmic search for life is great, but life elsewhere however small would be quite the find eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Come on guy, didn't you learn anything from the last big press conference? It's never anything that 2e look forward to.

It'll just be some little find. No big disclosure.

link   

Come on guy, didn't you learn anything from the last big press conference? It's never anything that 2e look forward to.

It'll just be some little find. No big disclosure.

link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux
" to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life"

Could just mean something measly like they've found something on earth that can survive on random elements which boosts the chances of life in random places.

Well, gee...thanks a lot for being right. I was pretty excited there for a moment. But as a person who does marketing for a living I certainly do recognize their clever marketing ploy. They certainly had me going. But...sigh...you're probably right.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I wonder if this news conference has anything to do with the subject of this other ATS thread:

"Proof of Extra-Terrestrial Life about to be Revealed? (Picture inside)"
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=635020

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tnewguy

Yeah but even if it's just an announcement about some earth life form that can survive in alien conditions perhaps that is the prelude to the announcment that microbiological extraterrestrial life has been found. It's all about baby steps.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Thanks Miss SP! Either way I'm staying optimistic too.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

I was wondering if that other guys "findings" weren't being used to discredit NASA's findings a bit. You know....make the whole subject look kind of silly.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
S&F!

Even though nasa is infamous for disappointment, i can't help but be excited anyway.

I'll be watching for sure, thanks for the info!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Yeah, it's always exciting, and it's always disappointing too. From someone like me who's been through many flashy and potential headlines only to be let down its become routine. But hey, in the end when it does pop off, would only make me happier

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
you are dreaming if you think they will reveal anything larger or more intelligent than a microbe. the information is on a "need to know" basis and they feel we don't need to know. so If you want disclosure go out and find it yourself. cause the morons at nasa will tell you little if anything at all. I would like to know how they justify there paychecks that tax payers are ultimately paying. why is no one demanding disclosure from a position of power ie congress or some other political position? the simple answer they can't or are not allowed to ask

compartmentalization: I don't even think obama knows much he really doesn't need to know..............

NASA = Need Another Space Agency

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Either way I'm staying optimistic too.
reply to post by Bachrk

Yeah me too. And whatever an "astrobiology finding" turns out to be it would be so much cooler if that meant alien life as opposed to them finding that alien life is possible. Still, it was a big deal when the Catholic Church did and it will be a big deal if NASA does.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Well NASA is actually just there for show. Of course the government has it's own secret space program that is far more advanced than anything they let NASA show us. And the Navy has it's own space program as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Three days notice for this NASA press conference seems hasty. I think the last news conference gave over a week of notice, for the "exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood" topic.

edit on 11/29/2010 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Even though we all know NASA are the masters of hype, I still can't help feeling a little excited.
Fingers crossed eh!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Three days notice for this NASA press conference seems hasty. I think the last news conference gave over a week of notice, for the "exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood" topic.

Oh yeah...I forgot all about the "exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood". I'm guessing that it didn't turn out to be Nibiru after all.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Maybe it will have something to do with the recent finding of an oxygen/carbon dioxide atmosphere on Saturn's moon Rhea? Maybe that's not all they found.

As for the last announcement about the black hole, I personally thought that was important news and wasn't disappointed at all. It means a lot for being able to watch the cycle of what happens with a black hole from it's beginning onward. There's still so much to be understood about black holes so I don't see how it wasn't at least a tiny bit exciting.
edit on 11/29/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Three days notice for this NASA press conference seems hasty.

Do you have any theories about this unusual haste? My hope of course is that the aliens have given them a deadline of some sort and they have to start trotting out their disclosure info a little sooner than they had planned.
edit on 11/29/2010 by MissSmartypants because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ALRIGHT.
this is really starting to get OLD.
im getting sick of every month nasa and you stupid people who belive them talking about this kind of stuff..
its all BS!
if aliens wanted to be known, trust me. they would be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join