It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 (would i be drafted?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
*shrugs* maybe its not true anymore for that reason, its just somthing i heard (i think from somone in the family) at one point.
this is what i found when I looked and from what it says it depends on how bad/painful your condition is

wiki.answers.com...

this is for flat feet, personally I have high arches and I've never found any inserts that work particularly well in my case but thats just me.
I'm a girl anyways so I only worry if they instate draft for girls, wich I know could happen, in which case i guess maybe i'll just leave the country or go into hideing or something :p

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

OL will answer the last question 1st and will probably forget to answer anything else OK!...

If they do conscript you, then here is a garanteed way out...

Private Cowboy: Tough break for Hand Job. He was all set to get shipped out on a medical.
Private Joker: What was the matter with him?
Private Cowboy: He was jerkin' off ten times a day.
Private Eightball: No [expletive]! At least ten times a day.
Private Cowboy: Last week he was sent down to Da Nang to see the Navy head shrinker, and the crazy [expletive] starts jerking off in the waiting room. Instant Section Eight. He was just waiting for his papers to clear division.

Full Metal Jacket (movie quotes) [imdb.com]

Personal Disclosure: :shk:
I think if you forget which one is your rifle and which one is your gun, and which one is for fighting and which one is for fun, then you'll fail and flunk out of the war very very fast!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If you're an American and of an age eligible for the draft, chances are about 50/50 that you'll be declared physically unqualified on the grounds of being too fat.

I've seen some enormously fat soldiers, so I don't know whats going on in the rest of the country. If those guys can cut it I'd hate to meet the 50% that are "too fat."

But then, if we're that desperate I suspect they might loosen the rules a little. As we have recently by accepting high school drop-outs, ex-cons, and neck tattoos....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The best way to get out is to fail to adapt during bootcamp.

Then they boot you for 'failure to adapt'.

Of course during a draft situation, they would probably stick you in the civil service if you couldn't go military.

*That includes you ladies out there. We're equal now.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
"World War 3 (would i be drafted?)".
yes, sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Can't have a war if nobody turns up.

/shrug

Just what I was thinking. What are they gonna do if everyone just tells the government to go take a hike?
It's like they can just start arresting people and forcing them into service - that would probably have every politician hanging from the nearest tree by the end of day 1 if they didn't get to a bunker in time.

These days, I am of the opinion that whatever the government broke, they should fix, and I certainly wouldn't be prepared to get my head blown off for some political spat or pissing contest!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Maybe the Question here is that if you were to be drafted, knowing what you know about corruption and money that corporations will make off of your death, would you dodge the draft or go?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

If we have a World War III - I think that being drafted will be the least of your worries.

Second line.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
hope the war will not come only in a peaceful time that can we have a better life

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is kind of an over general question.

First, the description from another poster from wiki is in fact how US selective service is set up to operate, and I doubt there would any significant changes to it in the event of a draft being authorized.

However; first you have to define "World War III". If the Russians,Americans, Chineses and anyone else starts flipping nukes there won't be a whole heck of alot of the civilized world in the northern hemisphere left to have a draft. But that's rather unlikely.

Right now we are in two wars, Iraq and Afgahnistan, plus a quasi war on the border of the US, and North East Asia getting right sporty. Throw on say Isreal and Iran (or Syria) hooking up, which might cause issues in SE Europe you would have 4-5 major regional conflicts going on with most major countries having interests at stake. I don't think that goes nuclear, but you might have 3 or more months of heavy conventional fighting...that might necessatate a draft and might be considered WWIII.

You have got to consider a few other things. What started this WWIII? You might have people angry enough over a hostile event that they are lining up at the recruiters. Not only that but before drafties are inducted (at least in the US) they would order complete and total mobilization, which means all active duty, active reserve, national guard, inactive ready reserve and in some instances even retirees would be called up or back to duty, most needing refresher or retraining. The major basic and advanced training bases would be handling that first. I Also, I have heard rumers (that honestly were probably just that) that the Armed Forces would in general be against the draft (volunteer militaries are more professional and effecient) that they might find a way to activate those in ROTC and even have a kind of "limited draft" of 18 year olds in programs like Civil Air Patrol, Naval Sea Cadets, Coast Guard Auxillery, Eagle Scouts and the like. These cadets are already partially trained and in some cases have completed enough training to warrent advance rank when they enlist during normal peace time. Contracted ROTC cadets could be graduated early...as could cadets/midshipmen in their final year or even their Jr year of the service academies could be called up in a true emergency. Recently seperated members who were sent out for minor medical or other minor issues could be called back as well. My point is that there are plenty of people who could be called with some level of either prior service or even cadet service that would be available.

I highly doubt a full draft would be needed in MOST situations that can be concieved.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is kind of an over general question.

First, the description from another poster from wiki is in fact how US selective service is set up to operate, and I doubt there would any significant changes to it in the event of a draft being authorized.

However; first you have to define "World War III". If the Russians,Americans, Chineses and anyone else starts flipping nukes there won't be a whole heck of alot of the civilized world in the northern hemisphere left to have a draft. But that's rather unlikely.

Right now we are in two wars, Iraq and Afgahnistan, plus a quasi war on the border of the US, and North East Asia getting right sporty. Throw on say Isreal and Iran (or Syria) hooking up, which might cause issues in SE Europe you would have 4-5 major regional conflicts going on with most major countries having interests at stake. I don't think that goes nuclear, but you might have 3 or more months of heavy conventional fighting...that might necessatate a draft and might be considered WWIII.

You have got to consider a few other things. What started this WWIII? You might have people angry enough over a hostile event that they are lining up at the recruiters. Not only that but before drafties are inducted (at least in the US) they would order complete and total mobilization, which means all active duty, active reserve, national guard, inactive ready reserve and in some instances even retirees would be called up or back to duty, most needing refresher or retraining. The major basic and advanced training bases would be handling that first. I Also, I have heard rumers (that honestly were probably just that) that the Armed Forces would in general be against the draft (volunteer militaries are more professional and effecient) that they might find a way to activate those in ROTC and even have a kind of "limited draft" of 18 year olds in programs like Civil Air Patrol, Naval Sea Cadets, Coast Guard Auxillery, Eagle Scouts and the like. These cadets are already partially trained and in some cases have completed enough training to warrent advance rank when they enlist during normal peace time. Contracted ROTC cadets could be graduated early...as could cadets/midshipmen in their final year or even their Jr year of the service academies could be called up in a true emergency. Recently seperated members who were sent out for minor medical or other minor issues could be called back as well. My point is that there are plenty of people who could be called with some level of either prior service or even cadet service that would be available.

I highly doubt a full draft would be needed in MOST situations that can be concieved.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If your located in the United States go ahead and just kill yourself....If your not willing to defend your country if need be then we dont need you here. I cant stand these little pukes that will wine and cry about the "police state" yet dont want to pay any taxes at all and run for the hills if there is any sign of danger...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join