It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooks and soldiers seconded to examine secret cables

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Spooks and soldiers seconded to examine secret cables

www.smh.com.au

A TASKFORCE of Australian soldiers, spies and officials has been formed to pore over 250,000 US files being published by WikiLeaks.

The Attorney-General, Robert McClelland, said he had instructed the federal police to investigate the organisation's co-founder, Julian Assange, an Australian citizen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wikleaks Tweeted just 40 seconds ago that an Australian Task Force has been assigned to go over the documents and flush out Wikileaks.

It goes on to read:

A TASKFORCE of Australian soldiers, spies and officials has been formed to pore over 250,000 US files being published by WikiLeaks.

The Attorney-General, Robert McClelland, said he had instructed the federal police to investigate the organisation's co-founder, Julian Assange, an Australian citizen.

The taskforce was formed yesterday, on the first day of what is expected to be weeks of drip-fed releases of confidential files from US embassies around the world, given to WikiLeaks this year.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Mr McClelland condemned the publication of the files. ''The leaking of this substantial amount of information is of real concern to Australia,'' he said.

''Every indication is that some of the documentation could relate to national security classified documentation [and] could prejudice the safety of people referred to in the documentation, and indeed could be damaging to the national security interests of the United States and its allies.''

He also suggested Mr Assange may face an unpleasant welcome if he returned to Australia, revealing he had instructed the Australian Federal Police to investigate whether Mr Assange and WikiLeaks had breached any Australian laws.

Another link that was apart of the latest Wikileaks Tweet also links to their donation page, only 2 hours ago they pasted their donation page within a Tweet.

DONATE DONATE DONATE?

I am not, infact, they are practically begging. Why should I donate? Why are they doing this? They got over $200,000 coming in per year, what exactly do they need the money for? Spy equipment? A bunker? Assange couldn't possibly be flying, rental cars are pretty cheap.

I am pro Wikileaks, though I can not help but to question myself otherwise.

www.smh.com.au (visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: 13minutes later Wikileaks changes their Tweet to something very distracting:

WikiLeaks reveals US Nuclear Weapons in the Netherlands cablegate....__._/cable/2009/11/09BERLIN1433.html

What exactly is going on here?
edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: Added new tweet

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
Wikleaks Tweeted just 40 seconds ago that an Australian Task Force has been assigned to go over the documents and flush out Wikileaks.

It goes on to read:

The taskforce was formed yesterday, on the first day of what is expected to be weeks of drip-fed releases of confidential files from US embassies around the world, given to WikiLeaks this year.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Mr McClelland condemned the publication of the files. ''The leaking of this substantial amount of information is of real concern to Australia,'' he said.

''Every indication is that some of the documentation could relate to national security classified documentation [and] could prejudice the safety of people referred to in the documentation, and indeed could be damaging to the national security interests of the United States and its allies.''

He also suggested Mr Assange may face an unpleasant welcome if he returned to Australia, revealing he had instructed the Australian Federal Police to investigate whether Mr Assange and WikiLeaks had breached any Australian laws.

Another link that was apart of the latest Wikileaks Tweet also links to their donation page, only 2 hours ago they pasted their donation page within a Tweet.

DONATE DONATE DONATE?

I am not, infact, they are practically begging. Why should I donate? Why are they doing this? They got over $200,000 coming in per year, what exactly do they need the money for? Spy equipment? A bunker? Assange couldn't possibly be flying, rental cars are pretty cheap.

I am pro Wikileaks, though I can not help but to question myself otherwise.

www.smh.com.au (visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: 13minutes later Wikileaks changes their Tweet to something very distracting:

WikiLeaks reveals US Nuclear Weapons in the Netherlands cablegate....__._/cable/2009/11/09BERLIN1433.html

What exactly is going on here?
edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: Added new tweet

You might want to take a look at this article.
US slams 'criminals' behind Wikileaks

Attorney-general Eric Holder has promised there will be prosecutions if US law has been broken. "Let me be very clear, this is not sabre rattling. This is, as I said, an active ongoing investigation to the extent that we can find anybody who was involved in the breaking of American law and who has put at risk the assets and the people that I have described, they will be held responsible. They will be held accountable," he said. And in a direct nod to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, Mr Holder says everyone is a target, whether they are an American citizen or not. The incoming chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, Republican Peter King, wants even tougher action. "I'm also calling on secretary of state Hillary Clinton to declare WikiLeaks a foreign terrorist organisation. By doing that we will be able to seize their funds and go after anyone who provides them with any help or contributions or assistance whatsoever," he said. "To me they are a clear and present enemy of the United States of America."

edit on 29-11-2010 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Thank you for the information mate, that holds some serious words

Looks like its some sort of honeypot trap, people shouldn't donate to them anyway; as far as I am concerned Wikileaks are in a gray area. The people don't know whether to trust them or not, and they shoud have been smart enough to know that by leaking secret information like that would lead to heavy hands on the freedom of the Internet.

I'm starting to think this was all setup for a false flag to restrict the Internet as we know it. Implementing more security, more rules, terms and conditions.

I highly advice people to start downloading websites if they want to enjoy a "good old" read in their future lives. Starting collecting memories of what was once a free highway of information.

Well there you have it folks, Wikileaks are terrorists and anyone who donates to them. CoIntelPro or not, this is going to gag the net.

Thanks for the link, it also seems to be the article Wikileaks itself was referencing in one of it's Tweets.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

You might want to take a look at this article.
US slams 'criminals' behind Wikileaks

Attorney-general Eric Holder has promised there will be prosecutions if US law has been broken. "Let me be very clear, this is not sabre rattling. This is, as I said, an active ongoing investigation to the extent that we can find anybody who was involved in the breaking of American law and who has put at risk the assets and the people that I have described, they will be held responsible. They will be held accountable," he said. And in a direct nod to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, Mr Holder says everyone is a target, whether they are an American citizen or not. The incoming chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, Republican Peter King, wants even tougher action. "I'm also calling on secretary of state Hillary Clinton to declare WikiLeaks a foreign terrorist organisation. By doing that we will be able to seize their funds and go after anyone who provides them with any help or contributions or assistance whatsoever," he said. "To me they are a clear and present enemy of the United States of America."

edit on 29-11-2010 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

When I first read that I totally thought he was talking about the crimes exposed in the release... You know there have been plenty of US laws broken which have been exposed by the leaks

But no, they are somehow trying there best to demonize what amounts to exposing the truth...

Really a terrorist organization?

It's a mad world...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I do not recall so many call outs from them before this latest release to "donate." Also, was curious that there was not a big press conference called as there was for the last release of leaks. Mr Ellsberg has been somewhat quiet as of late, although finally found him in a Democracy Now roundtable discussion. Interesting discussion if you have time to watch it.

ALSO, what about his family? We know he has a son. Are his parents still living? I'm just surprised we have not been at least made aware of attempts to interview them. Surely Assange's actions would be putting them at risk as well, or at least their safety used as leverage against him. If the "insurance" file is what assures his/their safety, then it must be a bomb of information. I understand he would need something like that, BUT if he is holding it from the world, then he has joined them at least on that one issue. I would hope there would come a time he would reveal that, if in fact there really something other than giberish on that file.

I feel suspicious to some degree, but I'm just going to remain reserved in either direction for now. I think info/disinfo can become such a convoluted dance that there is just no telling who's leading. lol I think good guys have to be bad guys sometimes, and certainly bad guys are quite capable of appearing to be good guys.

top topics

join