It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

First and foremost, thank you very much for sharing your sighting and experience SO. Very, very fascinating.

In response as to why any advanced species would want anything to do with us, I think it may help to look beyond just the human form and its currently collectively egoically insane nature of mind, and what lies deeper within us. My personal feeling is that these beings may know the full capability of what the human being is capable of, fully potentialized, and when operating from an awakened or higher state of consciousness. Although few have reached these levels in the past, the ones who have, have shown what we are capable of as a race of sentient beings. I feel that other advanced beings may be able to see past the outer forms and behaviors, and see what lies within the possibilities. Just my 02. though.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ok so some of you wishfully believe that you can see a falling star (meteorite) , and have the time to pick up an IPAD and bring up a application and do a quick star chart??

Meteorite events only last a split second.

It would take 15+ seconds to bring up a app on the IPAD and gauge it's position.

Meteorites don't hover.

There is no way in hell that what is described is a meteorite. 0% chance. Zilch.
edit on 29-11-2010 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Sightings like these are more likely to be of something spiritual or extradimensional, not actual physical spaceships.

Some people who have defected from certain secret societies claim that these so-called negative "spirits" are mainly what is behind most of the UFO phenomenon. Supposedly they are purposefully deceiving people, all leading up to their big false-flag alien event when they try to solidify their New World Order with their antichrist who will masquerade as a space alien from some other galaxy.

Kind of makes sense given how much alien propaganda there is in entertainment and the media these days, it's like they really want you to believe in aliens, although we have absolutely no proof of actual "aliens," only "lights" in the sky.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hi skeptic, nice that you saw a ufo. I read that you are still a skeptic, that you don't see why 'they' would cross the universe etc for something as trivial as observing life on earth. But perhaps they can use faster means of travel than what we are used to describing. In quantum theory, interactions are faster than light, instantaneous, in fact, never mind how far away. This, to me, works in man's favor, as concerns 'God', and means that there's no way out for the chertoff's, , chimps, obama's, and other masterminds of enslavement and conspiracy. I don't intend to wait and see. Life is gone in the wink of an eye. Nothing can escape.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

This :

He NEVER thinks ANYTHING is beyond our humble capabilities as Humans, and frankly, I agree with him on 99% of it.

seems to run contrary to this:

I remain skeptical as to the potential value we might represent to any advanced interstellar species.

No trying to nitpick, but do you see what I am getting at? In his pov we (the human race) is nothing but ordinary to some outside "alien" civilization observer, and therefore any advanced culture would just skip the earth like the wrong freeway offramp.

If he is correct I would imagine his opinion of the human race is nothing but very humble. Religious or not I think life in general can be considered somewhat special. In contrast between life and inanimate objects such as rock and different elements to the vastness of empty space I think proves life in any form is special...maybe significantly special.

So, to suggest some alien civilization would simply skip right on by because we have nothing to offer is almost mind boggling in epic proportions. Ive just never heard of it before. If what he saw was some intelligence from another planet then I think that kills his conjecture...

but I doubt it, because I am a skeptic to...
... just for different reasons

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's an interesting thing to go from a skeptic to a witness. Because inside you're still a skeptic, you're forced to admit that if you were anyone else, you probably wouldn't believe yourself. Additionally, while you may be more open to certain ideas now than you were before, you're still hesitant to believe the accounts of other witnesses where no evidence is available - and might I say, rightfully so.

But despite how lucky you are in some respects to have observed something extraordinary, and despite how many people will tell you they're jealous, in some ways it becomes a curse. Your first instinct might be to seek out a logical explanation for what you saw. That was mine anyway, and I think it's a commendable one. You might search the air traffic records or the aviation maps, or search for other reports that are similar to yours. And you might learn a few interesting or valuable tidbits from this.

But I guess this is my warning:
Ultimately, a skeptic knows that there is a logical explanation for everything, and the one thing that will really get under your skin and drive you mad is that, despite your best efforts, the years will go by and you will probably never find a logical explanation for what you saw. I'm sure you're already more aware than anyone that there's a whole world of "maybe's" and "could be's" and half-cracked speculation out there, and now all of a sudden it's all up for your time-devouring re-consideration. You'll have strange people telling you that God wanted you to see that event, and that they're in constant contact with God and/or aliens so you should trust them (I had this happen, too), or maybe that you shouldn't talk about it because it's a matter of national security. People will give you all sorts of explanations, acting like they're the authority on the subject, but then when your inner skeptic asks them to stand up and prove themselves, they shrink back into the shadows and leave you with more questions than answers.

When all is said and done, you will always be forced to fall back upon the one thing you absolutely DO know for certain: The fact that you simply DON'T know for certain what it is that you saw. And oddly enough, that solitary piece of knowledge will be a comfort to you in the years to come. Welcome to the ranks of the witnesses!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Meteorites do not hover.

I fail to read in the initial post anything about the lights hovering. Where did this come from? Nor did I mention Blinking lights.

Do all meteorites show tails when they enter the earths atmosphere or do only comets have tails? Any clarification welcome.

Thanks!
edit on 30-11-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance because: Puntcuation error,

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Sightings like these are more likely to be of something spiritual or extradimensional, not actual physical spaceships.

I disagree.

All 3 possibilities (among others) are Equally Likely possibilities.

I say this because we have no hard data to compare with. We have no information to determine anything with that can create a clear cut explanation.

It could even be a combination of things. Like an extra-dimensional spiritual spaceship.

Who knows?

We need hard evidence and data to make any final conclusions.

Let's try to remain skeptical until we find out the truth. (If the truth ever comes out, that is!)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthAboveIgnorance
reply to post by muzzleflash

Meteorites do not hover.

I fail to read in the initial post anything about the lights hovering. Where did this come from? Nor did I mention Blinking lights.

Do all meteorites show tails when they enter the earths atmosphere or do only comets have tails? Any clarification welcome.

Thanks!
edit on 30-11-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance because: Puntcuation error,

Meteorites are rocks that enter the Earth's atmosphere and leave Tracers of light.
They last only a split second, however they can explode mid-air, or leave after-glows in the sky.(During night-time).
Various different colors can be visible in meteorite events.

Comets are in outer space, they have Tails when they get close enough to the sun. Comets are visible for long periods of time and move very slowly throughout the sky.

If it were a comet, we could all go outside and see it *(granted we are in the right locations on Earth). There would also be photographs from observatories of a comet.

Meteorites happen all the time though constantly, and are very brief events.

SO's OP depicts an event that lasted over 1 second in duration. This allows us to discard the meteor theory easily.

Hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Most people here on ATS who have been around awhile know me as being "skeptical" that UFO sightings represent something of non-terrestrial origin. I've been on record several times stating that I simply don't believe we mere earthlings would be interesting for any advanced civilization capable of interstellar travel. However, last night I experienced something that defies terrestrial explanation.
(snip)

I don't think that there's anyone here or anywhere that's more skeptical than me. I consider it natural to be skeptic which simply means not accepting without evidence. Here you are calling yourself SkepticOverlord and then you open your thread with silliness.

I've had 5 or 6 SOLID sightings of unidentified aerial objects and I videotaped one. Before I had my first sighting I did wonder what it was that people were claiming but I never "believed" anything as I don't have a belief system. However, I NEVER thought that anything I had seen were automatically extraterrestrial. The evidence is not there. What we have is one hell of a mystery but no one in their right mind should make the jump to a romantic notion. When you use reason, logic, and common sense you cannot make unsubstantiated claims. UFOs do not defy terrestrial explanation. They defy acceptance current knowledge of aerodynamics for all we are seeing, so far, is mysterious aerial objects. Nothing else is known.

Whatever propels them, wherever they're from, whatever they contain, NO ONE KNOWS! So jumping to conclusions is not the way to go. When you can supply evidence, not your uneducated opinion, that what is being witnessed is of extraterrestrial origin then you can state it. Until then all you can really say is:

I DON'T KNOW.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Sounds cool...just too bad there's no evidence once so ever..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I envy you. I have never sited a UFO but feel a odd kinship of some kind. My children think I am wackie so I don't talk about it with them..hence my reasoning for camping on ATS.

Thank you for posting your experience too by the way. You now are part of a small group of people who have been ridiculed and shunned. Let hope education will bring further investigations.

Rhain

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Most people here on ATS who have been around awhile know me as being "skeptical" that UFO sightings represent something of non-terrestrial origin. I've been on record several times stating that I simply don't believe we mere earthlings would be interesting for any advanced civilization capable of interstellar travel. However, last night I experienced something that defies terrestrial explanation.
(snip)

I don't think that there's anyone here or anywhere that's more skeptical than me. I consider it natural to be skeptic which simply means not accepting without evidence. Here you are calling yourself SkepticOverlord and then you open your thread with silliness.

I've had 5 or 6 SOLID sightings of unidentified aerial objects and I videotaped one. Before I had my first sighting I did wonder what it was that people were claiming but I never "believed" anything as I don't have a belief system. However, I NEVER thought that anything I had seen were automatically extraterrestrial. The evidence is not there. What we have is one hell of a mystery but no one in their right mind should make the jump to a romantic notion. When you use reason, logic, and common sense you cannot make unsubstantiated claims. UFOs do not defy terrestrial explanation. They defy acceptance current knowledge of aerodynamics for all we are seeing, so far, is mysterious aerial objects. Nothing else is known.

Whatever propels them, wherever they're from, whatever they contain, NO ONE KNOWS! So jumping to conclusions is not the way to go. When you can supply evidence, not your uneducated opinion, that what is being witnessed is of extraterrestrial origin then you can state it. Until then all you can really say is:

I DON'T KNOW.

The most sensible post in this thread.

It amazes me that so many people, even so called "skeptics", jump to conclusions when they don't fully understand what they've witnessed. Call it a UFO, but saying it "defies terrestrial explanation" when you don't know what technology or phenomenon is behind this is rather foolish in my opinion. A simple "I don't know" as stated by The Shrike, is the most appropriate answer at this stage.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
ive always lurked ATS and this thread has inspired me to create an account

I live in Gold Canyon AZ, about 40 minutes from the OP and i witnessed my first UFO sighting just last week.

was riding in a car on my way home when i looked up into the sky and saw a bright orange light, it immediately caught my attention and a kept starring at it to see if it was blinking or moving. well neither happened it remained stationary for the next 2 minutes then out of nowhere an identical light appears out of thin air right above the object to the right a little. now im really captivated. i continue to watch for another minute or so and then the first object completely vanishes followed by the second. it was crazy, blew my mind.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Lucid21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan

The most sensible post in this thread.

It amazes me that so many people, even so called "skeptics", jump to conclusions when they don't fully understand what they've witnessed. Call it a UFO, but saying it "defies terrestrial explanation" when you don't know what technology or phenomenon is behind this is rather foolish in my opinion. A simple "I don't know" as stated by The Shrike, is the most appropriate answer at this stage.

maybe you just do not understand why people jump to those conclusions, and say it defies terrestrial explanation.
you right to be skeptical, but speaking from my own experience of what i saw it did defy terrestrial explanation, at least that we have been told about.

either way not terrestrial according to what we are allowed to know about. which may be why its easy to jump to conclusions. i do not exactly see governments claiming they are their technology, or informing us about what people are seeing. they act like these things do not exists, so when people see it for themselves and understand the opposite is it any wonder they think other worldly seeing as though all knowledge of such things is denied/ignored by governments of earth, and those who do not ignore it claim it is not them or theirs.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I had a very similar sighting back in '55. I was a paperboy and was watching the sky while awaiting my delivery of papers. It was almost the same so there is no need for details. It damn sure wasn't an airplane and it was pre satellites. Ok I'll share. The sky was clear and dry and I was looking east. A bright light appeared at the eastern horizon and moved very quickly to the zenith where it abruptly made a ninety degree turn to the south, a left turn, without any change in velocity, and then continued in a straight line to the southern horizon. So there you have it. Nothing natural would do that and nothing man made would either. Not in 1955 in any case. The only reasonable alternative is a fast moving insect at close range. Well there was no moon and we did not have lightening bugs where I was and besides they blink too much. No. This was a UFO.

edit on 30-11-2010 by trailertrash because: typo

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
No trying to nitpick, but do you see what I am getting at? In his pov we (the human race) is nothing but ordinary to some outside "alien" civilization observer, and therefore any advanced culture would just skip the earth like the wrong freeway offramp.

Generally, that's how I've felt all along.

Which is not to be confused with the fact that I believe our galaxy is teaming with life, and that a percentage of that life is intelligent, and a percentage of that has learned how to harness energies sufficient to explore the galaxy.

While I hold the opinion that we here on this speck would be of little or no interest to such a species, that doesn't mean I don't think it could happen. Only that the possibility is exceptionally remote that; 1) we'd be noticed, and 2) "they" would care enough to have a look.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I certainly agree the chances of being "noticed" are remote...but in my own logical mind I find that because those chances are so remote, that would be the very reason to "have a look"...

edit to add:

at any rate..cheers tobeing open to all[/b[ possibilities...

edit on 30-11-2010 by open_eyeballs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
What a bunch of suck-ups...mods to. Site owner has a sighting and 8 pages later people are still falling over themselvs.

Most Ist sighting threads usually get two pages at best.I had 6 flags 3 stars and 26 replies verses siter owner 70 stars, 145 flags and 156 replies

I have a Real Sighting and it is put into the "Gray Area"

Intresting

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

i believe its because the person who had this sighting is well known and known as a skeptic, it happens on many subjects, it depends who posts it, how well known they are etc.

it happens with comments, i have posted things before and got no stars, somebody posts a page later saying the same as what i said and gets 10+ stars, it happens.

it does not really matter, what matters is the subject and discussion, and what we can learn.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join