It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by diamount

Originally posted by SaturnFX
A website owner that has a ET forum suddenly has a sighting...clearly this is just hype to increase traffic and discussion in the forum..total hoax and didn't even need to use a camera.

Indeed. Even though SO is a founder/owner of this site doesn't mean he should get as many stars as someone who posted a similar story. It's a great ploy to increase traffic - guess I better equip my flame shield.

Maybe one should be less paranoid. I liked the part that said "suddenly has a sighting." Seeing as his registration date is over 8 years ago, "suddenly" really doesn't cover it. It's no wonder that some choose not to post their experiences here with attitudes like this.

Can't imagine this OP being anything other than an honest recollection of a sighting -- as he describes it. ATS has a good and honest reputation. This thread does not significantly raise the traffic on the whole site.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Looks Like Nasa is set to have a press conference Thursday Dec. 2nd www.nasa.gov... that they say will "will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Rumors ranging from "proof of life on Titan" to "first contact," depending on how optimistic/crazy you are.

signature:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow4000

Most likely microbes in the water geysers from Saturn's moon Enceladus, or something equivalent...

Back on topic, great simulation SO. But unfortunately we can speculate all day and only come up with...Who knows?....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It's a great ploy to increase traffic

The technology sitting on my desk right now -- HD-quality 1080p video production machine with 3D motion video effects software -- could create a much more compelling "ploy" to increase traffic than my mere words.

Seriously. If the intent were to deceive for the purposes of traffic, we could crank out a stunning video of such quality few could debunk. But we don't and we won't.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by SaturnFX
A website owner that has a ET forum suddenly has a sighting...clearly this is just hype to increase traffic and discussion in the forum..total hoax and didn't even need to use a camera.

Indeed. Even though SO is a founder/owner of this site doesn't mean he should get as many stars as someone who posted a similar story. It's a great ploy to increase traffic - guess I better equip my flame shield.

Maybe one should be less paranoid. I liked the part that said "suddenly has a sighting." Seeing as his registration date is over 8 years ago, "suddenly" really doesn't cover it. It's no wonder that some choose not to post their experiences here with attitudes like this.

I don't remember ever saying 'suddenly' Besides it's just awfully convenient for this to happen now, if it would happen to anyone else the skeptics would be barking for photographic/video proof but they are quite silent at the moment. No offence to SO, he (among the other ATS founders) I respect greatly for making this site for obvious reasons.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's funny how you guys lump "UFOs" together with "Aliens."

We have tons of proof of "UFOs," but NO proof of "Aliens."

Why do you think that is?

Cuz they ain't space aliens! lol

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Do you have any salient speculation on what else may have caused the observed phenomena I documented?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It's a great ploy to increase traffic

The technology sitting on my desk right now -- HD-quality 1080p video production machine with 3D motion video effects software -- could create a much more compelling "ploy" to increase traffic than my mere words.

Seriously. If the intent were to deceive for the purposes of traffic, we could crank out a stunning video of such quality few could debunk. But we don't and we won't.

I'm not saying it is your intention to defraud the community, just that if someone made a similar topic it would sink into obscurity. But I guess they don't have an established reputation about them.
edit on 30/11/2010 by diamount because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/11/2010 by diamount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Do you have any salient speculation on what else may have caused the observed phenomena I documented?

Yes, but no one listens to me because unfortunately it sounds absolutely insane.

I went to military school in Roswell New Mexico in 1997. Ever since I have been obsessed with the UFO phenomenon and everything having to do with it.

So here I am, almost 14 years later, and I think I might have finally made a break-through in figuring out the truth.

I think that us "conspiracy theorists" who have always thought we were "in the know" are actually the ones who have been purposefully lied to by people we thought were "whistleblowers." Without going on and on, a few examples would be Colonel Corso, Steven Greer, Bob Lazar, Clifford Stone, etc. After putting more of the puzzle pieces together I realized that these people have been LYING TO US!

Space aliens probably exist in the vastness of space, but they are not on Earth! We would know, ESPECIALLY if they were "benevolent."

So I will try to lay it down to you as quickly as possible: The biggest secret being held from the public is that the "spirit world" is real. This is what the occult and most secret societies are about, making contact with these so-called spirits. If you read and listen to testimonies from people who defected from secret societies or the "Illuminati" they all seem to have the same story: that there are no space aliens here, only spiritual entities who can manifest in any form they wish (yes, even 'Reptilian' form if they so please), and that these entities are the ones who are behind the push for a dictatorial world government, and that in order to get the public to go along with this plan their last card they will pull will be a FALSE-FLAG alien event. If you have come as far in your research as I have this should at least make a tiny bit of sense to you. Think about it all from a 'bigger picture' viewpoint... all the propaganda, all the alien crap in entertainment, etc. They are getting us ready for something. Even Carol Rosin, Werner Von Braun's assistant claimed that he told her the final card would be the "alien threat." (communism, terrorism, asteroid threat, alien threat)

Edit to add: Why do you think the painting that Aleister Crowley painted of a spiritual entity that he summoned LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE A TYPICAL "GREY ALIEN?" The answer should be obvious.

Here is a picture of his little friend that he magickally summoned:

www.boudillion.com...
edit on 30-11-2010 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Actually you're 100% correct. Reputation does count for quite a bit in a great many situations, professions and fields of research. There is absolutely nothing wrong with basing judgment of someone's account of a personal experience on their reputation and there is nothing wrong with more people choosing to participate in someone's thread simply because of their reputation. Reputation is the equivalent of empirical evidence in the study of the physics when it comes too dealing with human beings. You judge the validity of someone's statements and choose friends and choose to participate in conversations based on the reputation of people you interact with everyday whether you choose to acknowledge it, or even notice it or not.

Likewise you are free to ignore reputation if you decide to. Sometimes it works in your favor and sometimes it does not.
edit on 11/30/2010 by dbloch7986 because: add last sentence

edit on 11/30/2010 by dbloch7986 because: typo, redundancy

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I don't remember ever saying 'suddenly' Besides it's just awfully convenient for this to happen now, if it would happen to anyone else the skeptics would be barking for photographic/video proof but they are quite silent at the moment. No offence to SO, he (among the other ATS founders) I respect greatly for making this site for obvious reasons.

This thread is a good example how everyone should be treated when a controversal topic is put up on ATS whether it's Skeptic Overlord or Joe Blow, it is great to see members posting reasonably. The naysayers here never offer proof, just saying it isn't so or you are lying doesn't get it. I have had my own sightings and don't care to post about them, no one likes to get beat up.

Thanks for sharing your experience Skeptic Overlord.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well done.

Thanks.

I greatly appreciate your humble candor.

I suspect more such will be forthcoming in your area.

BTW, were you there for the "Phoenix lights?"

What quadrant of the valley do you live in?

At this point in time, after this experience, did your experience alter in any way your thoughts and feelings about the PHOENIX LIGHTS?

off topic a bit . . . are you aware of the many predictions of Phx going to be nuked?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

This thread is a good example how everyone should be treated when a controversal topic is put up on ATS whether it's Skeptic Overlord or Joe Blow, it is great to see members posting reasonably. The naysayers here never offer proof, just saying it isn't so or you are lying doesn't get it. I have had my own sightings and don't care to post about them, no one likes to get beat up.

Thanks for sharing your experience Skeptic Overlord.

Civility and decorum in other topics is a rare sight indeed.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Who cares what the doubters and skeptics say, what is superb is, we gained a doubter/skeptic into the believers the knowers side. You will be made to feel you are a nut, this is A tipical of the doubters and skeptics, hold tight to what you have discovered. You probably feel dumbfounded but stay vegilant to the attacks because with time comes ease of acceptance within self....peace

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
It will now be much easier for your imagination to accept the infinite reasons of why alien beings would want to come here.

I remain skeptical. My primary reasons are that we represent a relatively mundane existence when compared against the wonders of the galaxy available to an interstellar species. Even very advanced technology -- if it exists at all -- capable of traversing the stars will be exceptionally "expensive" in terms of the cost of energy required. I can't imagine any intelligent species wasting that energy on us when the entire galaxy calls.

But I can assure you that if you look into history you will come to find "they" or whomever has been here since our existence and is possibly responsible for our being here.

Again... referencing the above post... I remain skeptical as to the potential value we might represent to any advanced interstellar species.

Also, I tend to reject any notion that our existence here might be due to any off-planet influence as evolution tells us differently (unless you subscribe to the possibility that all life on earth was seeded).

Hi SkepticOverlord, first time I have had the opportunity to converse with you. I was about to ask you if this sighting has influenced you in anyway regarding your skeptic outlook, but I see you have already responded to that.

Remaining skeptical is fine when balanced. As opposed to a "debunker" mindset, which gets many of us confused sometimes between the difference of the two. That being said, do you feel you may be more open to the idea of inter-dimensional travel in lieu of space travel? Or, has this sighting changed your outlook in anyway?

edit on 30-11-2010 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Very cool!! Sorry, I realized that I shouldn't just leave it at that little of a sentence. Great post. As having had an experience with UFO I will have to sometime post all about it.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Inspiringmind because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2010 by Inspiringmind because: Added more contact

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
Who cares what the doubters and skeptics say, what is superb is, we gained a doubter/skeptic into the believers the knowers side. You will be made to feel you are a nut, this is A tipical of the doubters and skeptics, hold tight to what you have discovered. You probably feel dumbfounded but stay vegilant to the attacks because with time comes ease of acceptance within self....peace

He was brought into the "believers' side?" What exactly do the "believers" believe? That UFO's exist? Of course UFO's exist, if you are sitting in your backyard and I throw a rock over your house and you can't identify what it was, by definition it is an UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT. With that said, I don't see how anyone could not "believe" in UFOs.

Now if you are talking about actual "space aliens" then that's a whole different topic. The OP did not see "aliens," he saw unidentified lights.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I have presented it, but you refuse to give up your long held "Atheist" status. It is hard to get a Catholic away from the Church – or a believer in the Flat World to believe it is round.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

That's a very interesting hypothesis and I like it. But, these spirits would have to have the ability to manifest physical matter in concert with our classical physics for their transportation.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join