It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions for world hunger.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Now let me start off by saying I'm not a genius, but if we all come together... You know that old saying "Two heads are better than one" Multiply that by 10,000 .

Every 3.6 seconds someone in the world dies of hunger

What can we do, What can you do? Let's talk about it.

What do we need? Genetically altered Food? Clones? What's the way of the future, let's see if we can figure it out.

LAST:
I've been hearing a lot that the people at the top don't want to end world hunger? I for one believe that world hunger could end tomorrow if we threw ourselves to the task. If the great old USA can destroy cities, armies, land people on the moon, etc.... Why can't it end world hunger? Because they don't want to. Simple as that. And that's just pathetic... Make a difference today, Donate a can... That won't solve world hunger today ,but it will feed one hungry soul... Be POSITIVE in this world filled with HATE.

edit on 29-11-2010 by TSAisaSCAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TSAisaSCAM

Globally quit being so damn stingy. There is enough for all ITS BEEN CALCULATED.
2ND

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is the perfect solution for world hunger.. Nothing whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

There is an answer SHARE!!!
2ND

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Just making a quick note, I do believe that the poster posted nothing and I can't see anything whatsoever.

And I wish It was as simple as just "sharing" with other countries.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek

Just making a quick note, I do believe that the poster posted nothing and I can't see anything whatsoever.

And I wish It was as simple as just "sharing" with other countries.

added the body to the thread. hope that helps.

I've been hearing a lot that the people at the top don't want to end world hunger? I for one believe that world hunger could end tomorrow if we threw ourselves to the task. If the great old USA can destroy cities, armies, land people on the moon, etc.... Why can't it end world hunger? Because they don't want to. Simple as that. And that's just pathetic... Make a difference today, Donate a can... That won't solve world hunger today ,but it will feed one hungry soul... Be POSITIVE in this world filled with HATE.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Once the population reaches a critical high of 9 billion, there will be a tipping point where there will be more people than there is land to grow food & stock on. That, exacerbated by the fact that we have to have space to house these multiplying peoples.
Forests will need to be erased to make room for the population, especially since we're currently looking at a shrinking of the continents as the sea levels continue to rise.
This is the logic behind the World Powers' desires to depopulate through sterilization using Vaccines, Fluoride, and semi-permanent birth control methods, as well as a great host of other murderous contingencies.
Soon there will be no need way to feed everyone on the Earth, and the inevitable will happen...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

9 billion to feed and house. Heres an option build farms over water masses some that even float. Build cities which can also float (fifth element VERY GOOD MOVIE including ABADDON). Back on topic its possible to create crafts to go into space and actually orbit Earth (hint lol) for some. There are many possibilities. WE HAVE TO JUST CONCENTRATE ON THEM. Only reason I see population being an issue is if 1 population (species) out grows the other in command........................... smh

edit on 11/29/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
1 flag 1 star
, smh yet a selfish do for myself and mine bug out bag thread gets major stars and flags. Signs yes signs.
WOW!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Lets go back to 1920. Start growing your own crops and teach others how to grow crops. It's as easy as that, I can take out any area of ground, and be able to grow beans, corn, tomatoes, squash, and other things. All you need is land, water, sunlight, hands or tools to cultivate, perhaps something to cover the crops in case of excessive sunlight, even a bunch of leaves tied up together. It may seem like a lot of hard work, but It's something I think a lot of people should look up and learn how to do for themselves. I'm only 22 years old and I've been taught all this. I even know how to sharpen and create knives out of rock, I know how to how to make my own small fishing pole for fish, Don't tell me it's impossible, because it's not. There's no reason why people should be dieing of hunger everyday.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Now all you have to do is find 3 Billion people willing to live in space or 1 bedroom apartments. You also can't build over large water masses. If you disrupt too much sunlight from reaching the water, algae and plankton won't be able to grow and the oceans, rivers, and lakes will die off.
And good luck powering those floating cities of yours without generating a massive amount of pollution. Also, there's no way in hell anyone would ever be able to afford the insurance that would come with housing 100,000 people on a floating city, and even if they could, (to quote Jimmy Mcmillan) the rent would be too damn high.
Its a good theory, but what makes it science fiction isn't the technology, its the economics behind it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I see your point but we can magnetically float large massess high enough where the sunlight will still effect the water masses. The bill for powering electromagnetic grid could be cut with solar and hydroelectric power. Insurance hmm I have always thought was a scam anyway. So basically $$$$ is the issue which never made sense to me. Like when I would see old HBO stories on cancer or other terminal illnesses and they would say we need money to find a cure. I would be upset everytime like how does money slow helping YOURSELVS OUT AS A PLANET MAKES NO SENSE. But I do see your point. So all Earth needs is a SUPER RICH SOMEBODY OR THING LOL FROM WHO KNOWS TO COME AND BUY THE EARTH FOR A GEM WORTH THIS GALAYY AND GET IT DONE.... I cannot stand money being the weight on human progression SAD. thanks for the comment though Mactire

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

But that's the world we live in. It'd be awesome if everyone was willing to live hand in hand with his brother man, but the truth is, no one will be motivated to do anything unless they can line their pockets in the process. Which is where the economics comes in. As one group charges X for his services, another group will have to factor
X + Y for their's, and so on and so forth.
Potentially free energy like sun, wind, and water power will have a price put on it in the near future too. The Powers that be will not allow such unchecked money makers to go on unplundered.
The creed is greed. This is the truth of what we are. It's always been this way, and it will continue to be so.
If they can't continue their status quo, they'll fake it anyway.
Look at gold. Its intrinsic value is nothing like it was 100 years ago, yet its value still rises.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Farms that aren't in the ground, but going straight up in the sky. That's how we will fix this problem, and we're actually working on it. I've seen a few mentions on the science channel and the other less popular learning channels, and even found an article in this months Playboy about farming the number one cash crop, skyscraper style.

You no longer need soil, and in fact, soil isn't as good as hydroponically or aero(?) grown food. So you'll be having floors and floors with food that's multiple times better in every way. Think about it, skyscraping farms.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

Except there is no good way to grow grain (one of Earth's main crops) hydroponically. It isn't cost effective at all. As for the towering Garden Ideas. They would help a mass population scenario to an extent, but at what cost? Since hydroponically grown vegetables are far more expensive, what will these costs translate to once they hit grocery store shelves?
There's also the problem of Livestock, and the inevitable shortage of space for humans, while still trying to preserve natural wildlife ecosystems.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Within a year 90% of world hunger, homelessness, disease and extreme poverty could be eradicated if government and corporations put the amount of effort, money and resources into it as they do for weapons technology, defense, and wars. Now think about this, say a country like the USA did this immediately just for countries like Haiti and other Caribbean Islands, West and East Africa, areas in Central and South America and inside of North America itself, places where no large standing armies or governments are in control like say China or India, not only would we greatly reduce the negative effects of the Drug War, Immigration, and Terrorism from within these areas, but our standing in the world would be so greatly appreciated and respected no country would think about attacking us. Plus empowering these areas would create strong allies in them, who would be willing to fight against any nation or group that sought our demise. Citizens of the USA itself would be much more caring of this countries well being and millions more would be willing to fight anyone who threatened this well being. But it will never happen because of fear and greed, that is unless the people of the USA are willing to stand up and demand nothing less then this, even if it means sacrificing all they have.

This same argument can be made for a country like Israel also.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
First, there is plenty of room for everyone and everything. Just need to learn to share and not be greedy.
Second, you could free up land by rooftop gardening or just add it in on top of the farm land. Cities could sustain their agricultural needs this way so as they can have farm land nearby still.
Third, Get rid of the Love of Money aspect. Grow Up People, we're not children anymore. Just pissed off, whiny teenagers more like it.
Fourth, stop over eating your share of the food. I know people that eat more a day themselves than families in Africa eat collectively in a day.

There's many other things we can do, but these are a few that come to mind atm.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HeWhosCalledIAm

There in lies the problem. The top 1% who own 90% of the world's wealth and about as much land are dreaming up contingencies to kill all but 500,000,000 of us, not how to share the food, wealth, and space.
There will never be a world without hunger, because these men/women won't allow it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
30-40% of all crops spoil before they make it to market.

Countries could cook the spoiled vegetables/crops or dry it into a powder so it can be used to make a soup in poor countries.

Counties could then export that product say to the poor in Africa and charge that country for the product.....versus what we have now.

30-40% of the worlds crops spoil before they get to market and nobody gets a penny for it. Lost Revenue.

There is a business opportunity nobody has embraced yet.....They haven't figured out how to get money from people who have no money. Thus those people die.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TSAisaSCAM

there are already too much humans. We are sucking up the life of this planet with "only" 7 billions people. It is not the human that is unique here, it is the Earth. Idiots that believe it is not overpopulated make me puke. they just dont want to see the reality as it is. They probably believe that once we will discover news habitable worlds, we will just have to move everybody on a new fresh planet and let the previous one rot with the nuclear trash and others # we made. Well poor bastards you live in a delusion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join