It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP among companies Obama excluded from US environmental oversight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

BP among companies Obama excluded from US environmental oversight

www.rawstory.com

federal agencies granted exemptions to 96 percent of stimulus projects so far, according to documents obtained by the Center for Public Integrity

The energy companies BP, Westar Energy and Duke Energy, chemical manufacturer DuPont, and ethanol maker Didion Milling were among the companies to receive "categorical exclusions" from the National Environmental Policy Act.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, if there was ANY doubt that our gov and 'leaders' were completely bought and paid for by the mega corporations and oil industry, this ought to clear that up. lol

Pretty sad and disgusting at the same time.

But it also explains why our gov did NOTHING to these criminals while they destroyed the ocean, killed untold amounts of sea life, added in toxic dispersants which are affecting everyone's health around the area, and are continuing to cover up the degree of their destruction, unabated.

Welcome to the corporate states of America, where you can destroy the entire planet with the approval of the gov, as long as your lobbyists keep their pockets stuffed full of cash.

Ugh.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah, no reason to keep an eye on them...

what with a good track record like that and all.

Anyone pumping oil from the bottom of the ocean needs oversight, Damn it!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Not only is this not surprising, it's something that i've been saying throughout the BP Spill, but everyone told me in response "stop watching fox News", and I said "I do not watch fox news".

Not only no oversight but Obama specifically told the coast guard not to allow reporters around the area all during the facade of talking tuff and saying he's going to put his heel on BP.

Wake Up People!
Star n Flag!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Not to be a Debbie Downer or a liberalzzzz but is there any other source for this? I googled this article and the relating key words "BP" "Categorical Exclusions" and can't find any corroborating evidence online. This honestly wouldn't surprise me and I'm searching this out because if it's true I wanted to spread it around. However I need more information or a more credible source than Rawstory.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Joehio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Well, if there was ANY doubt that our gov and "Democratic" 'leaders' were completely bought and paid for by the mega corporations and oil industry, this ought to clear that up. lol

[fixed it for you]

As part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, more commonly known as "the stimulus," officials granted over 179,000 exemptions from NEPA to recipients of federal stimulus funding. Senior officials say the exemptions were necessary to accelerate the pace of the stimulus plan and job creation.

Destroy the environment in favor of the economy.
Isn't that what the Republicans are supposed to be about?
Wasn't the environmentalist's objection over ANWAR, drilling off the coast of California, nuclear power, etc. exactly this?

edit on 11/29/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Those big campaign donations to dear reader paid off. Sad. Goes to show everyone should question the Left's sudden concern for the enviornment when their solutoin involves global taxation, centralized control over energy use and giving algore, Obama and thier pals a new carbon commodity trading scam.

new topics

top topics

join