It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 post minimum? Is the policy the same?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Lately I have been seeing new threads outside of the Intro forum by members with less than 20 posts.
I am not complaining here, just wondering if the policy had been changed recently that I was not aware of.
Here is an example: ATS thread
From what I can see the author of the thread had less than the minimum required.

I again will say this is not a complaint, just looking for some clarification.
The thread linked is only the latest that I have noticed, there have been quite a few.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I did ask this in a u2u..If the content is deemed worthy then the 20 post rule is overlooked..
You'd have to agree with that reasoning IF the material was breaking news and thus could not wait the short time needed to create 20 posts..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I can see this being mightily abused though.

I wish ATS would stick to the stated policy. Even in the nature of breaking news, a long standing member will break the news too.

I would actually like to see it raised from the 20 post minimum - maybe 50 posts instead?

Might reduce the number of BS threads we see all the time on here now.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The 20 post rule is designed specifically to curtail Spammers, not to prevent a new Member from making a quality thread..

A lot of Staff time is dedicated to behind the scenes and some overt Spammer Control so that you, our valued Members, have a good, clean and unobstructed Forum Board for your thoughts, opinions and of course, Conspiracies..

So if a New Member, sans 20 posts, makes an interesting and well thought out thread, it well may be moved to the appropriate forum..

As Staff our number one job is to "promote" civil discussion...

Hope this helps..

Semper

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I remember thinking the same thing once. I watched one member (no names here) chalk up 20 posts in a larger thread with a bunch of one and two liners that really added nothing, then post number 21 was a new thread.

It seemed like the member registered, spent about a half hour posting nothing, then was authoring their own thread that was not much better than his/her previous offerings.

I will be fair here and admit that it did take me awhile to reach 20 posts, so perhaps the minimum is good for some, but it can easily be circumvented by meaningless contributions.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

The 20 post rule is designed specifically to curtail Spammers, not to prevent a new Member from making a quality thread..

A lot of Staff time is dedicated to behind the scenes and some overt Spammer Control so that you, our valued Members, have a good, clean and unobstructed Forum Board for your thoughts, opinions and of course, Conspiracies..

So if a New Member, sans 20 posts, makes an interesting and well thought out thread, it well may be moved to the appropriate forum..

As Staff our number one job is to "promote" civil discussion...

Hope this helps..

Semper

Semper

Yes helps very much
Thank you for your response.
And if i may, thank you for your service!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

And if i may, thank you for your service!

Thank you very much..

Semper

top topics

join