It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northeast Loses Internet for 2 Hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.mediaite.com...

Comcast DNS servers down or compromised for 2 hours. Boston, Baltimore, and New Hampshire lose internet. 21:30-23:30 on 11/28/10.

All it would take is something like this to happen to a large area of the country, at which point panic would set in. One can only speculate what may have transpired in those 2 hours.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There still seems to be some large chunks of the net down.

Have a look here www.internettrafficreport.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

What do you think happened? I know there's Comcast, Verizon, Charter.net- were these all Comcast problems or what? Thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?
There still seems to be some large chunks of the net down.

Have a look here www.internettrafficreport.com...

If I am reading this right as of my posting 19% of the INTERNET in North America is down. If I am reading that right that is a lot to be down and people say the net can not die. Anything can die and everything dies sooner or later. Less hope the net is much later.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm in NY and have roadrunner, I haven't had any problems at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Was it only Comcast servers that were down? If so, it's probably just a large scale outage, rather than anything more nefarious.

A few months ago, Telus Canada lost their ENTIRE internet network during an upgrade, for about 12 hours or longer. It may just be something like that, but it's pretty ominous this is on the same day as the Wikileaks attack.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The internet goes out for two-hour spans here once a week.
It usually starts at 9 or 10pm on a Saturday and lasts until midnight.
Today it went out around 1pm and came back online at 3:05pm Mountain Time.
Funny thing is, I call Baja, which is our cable company, each time this happens and
they tell me it's nothing on their end, but other people in my community have the
same experience so I know it's not on our end.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
New York City Optimum Online, no problems yet.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I admit to having a hard time with a lot of sites, some servers seem to be having a hard time tonight... wasn't sure if it was just me but obviously not.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... Internet is down here in Australia too . Took me hours to get on line , then could not access anything .One hell of a coincidence , I think not ! Wonder what they are covering up and what phantom menace they will blame .

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Must be Homeland Security testing Obama's Internet Kill Switch... keep an eye out for other sectors to suddenly just go "down".

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
sydney australia here and internet been ok all day.....no problems what so ever.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
DNS Servers are short for Domain Name System. The servers purpose is to translate the URL you type into your browser into an IP address which is the method that traffic is routed from one place to the other on the Internet. IP addresses look like 66.151.250.65.

You're not stuck with the DNS server of your ISP. You can use others such as Open DNS or Google Public DNS. You can also configure your connection to use a Primary and a Secondary DNS server so that if one network or company has trouble you will automatically use another service.

This is the IP address for ATS. 67.228.0.162...

edit on 29-11-2010 by LazyGuy because: Fixed Error & Added Info

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Heh. Probably an attempt by the psyops folks to erase any mention of the recent link from wikilinks.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The funny thing about psy ops is they are probably occurring all around us without us noticing or caring. Heck, this message board could be a psy op for all I know. This thread could be a psy op that I was unconsciously programmed to make.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This was nothing more ominous than a widespread wide area outage, nothing more.

While I like the idea of a few conspiracy theories, people on this site want to see conspiracy in everything, and that's just plain idiotic.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

And it just happened to go down during the wikileaks release, yeah right. Sometimes the truth is just so obvious that most people don't see it, or would rather play devil's advocate.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
im in finkburg MD and yeah, the internet was down for about 2 hours. it also went down about 5 hours later. im not sure for how long since i just went to bed when it did. lol i didnt think that this was ATS worthy since it happens here and there, but good looking out

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

this is not a strange occurrence. comcast sux. their servers go down here and there.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

internettrafficreport.com actually showed huge patches of the Internet down, and it just happened to coincide with the wikileaks dump. Surprisingly, I never experienced an internet outage around here, but I am close to a major city, so it could be a different on my end.

top topics

join